• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Sarah Mackleman & Gwen​
    First Route Struggles

Sarah's current situation could be explained two different ways. Either the Scyther chasing her was incredibly strong, or someone just fed it rare candies. Because normally her Spinarak Gwen wouldn't have a single problem taking a Scyther down. None at all. Probably.

She ducked away as the Scyther's blade came a little too close to her head. Oh man, she thought, this did not go as planned. When she saw the Scyther preying on the adorable little Budew she immediately had to help. She had jumped behind a tree, changed into costume, and a mere fifteen seconds later she was engaged in battle with the bug Pokémon. Like a cartoon the preferred situation played out for her. There would be a theme song, and she'd jump in. Smack the attacking pokemon in the back of the head. Bam. Then when the Scyther turned around to react, she would make Gwen grapple her into the nearest tree. Twang, which was the sound of webbing snapping onto a tree of course. Then she'd drop out of the tree, unto the Scyther, grab him by his neck, topple him over, and force him against the ground. Pow. While he'd be knocked out, the Budew could escape. Victory. Commence bad ass ending theme song.

This really wasn't how it played out, however. As soon as Sarah smacked the Scyther, it turned around at incredible speed. She didn't even have the chance to grapple away with a twang. No, Sarah got hot in the side by its arm blade, and toppled over. Gwen escaped Sarah's outfit as quick as she could, and just ran into a tree.

Sarah had no idea where Gwen was now, as she just ran and dodged the Scyther's attacks. Her Spinarak could be right behind her, or just have fled deeper in the woods. It wasn't a nice feeling, being separated from her partner. Especially because she was the source of most of her abilities, and Sarah didn't know Pin Missile.

The ground got steeper as they went on, and it seemed that the Scyther really didn't feel like chasing Sarah for much longer. The pokemon slowed its pace, although Sarah didn't. Looking back to see why the sound crackling leaves and breaking twigs stopped, she stumbled. Sarah picked up quite some speed as she went from running to summersaulting. She felt her body bruising up, as she neared a steep drop. What her situation exactly was, was hard to tell, as summersaulting has never been a recommended technique to increase spatial awareness, even for superheroes, but she knew it was unpleasant. As her different body parts took turns being closest to the drop, she heard rumblings through the leaves up high. A string of webbing shot out and caught Sarah just as she passed the edge. As Sarah hang by nothing but a thread, Gwen crawled down the webbing, unto her head.

She was about twenty feet from the ground below her. Her options were either falling, which she really didn't feel like doing at the moment, or swinging to the side and try to climb back onto the edge she just dropped off. As she tried to decide between her two options, her thoughts were disrupted by the sounds of wings flapping. A Starly landed on her back, and started pecking at the webbing that held her up. Sarah breathed out as she tried to achieve the peace of mind a real superhero had.

"Gwen, use Pin Missile," she yelled. Her voice broke from fear, adrenaline and excitement. Her Spinarak started to shoot out multiple pins, trying to scare the Starly off. Sarah couldn't see what was going on, but as the fight was taking place on her back, she felt most of the action. Gwen had taken matters in her own hands, or legs, as was probably best with her trainer not being able to see what was happening. Sarah felt her Spinarak's legs crawl over her back, as it tried to dodge the Starly's beak, that instead buried itself into Sarah's back.

Moving her legs back and forth, Sarah tried to get some momentum. She hoped that the Starly would just fly off because of the movement. Instead, the bird started flapping its wings furiously, trying to blow Gwen off Sarah's back by using Gust. The web that held Sarah up was the first one to give. Gwen reacted quickly, and stuck Sarah against a tree. The tree-to-hero impact definitely felt like it left some bruising.

Sarah's eyes widened as she saw the Starly approach again. Moving out of the way wasn't an option, as she was webbed with her stomach to a tree, but she could certainly flail her limbs around.

"Gwen, use Venoschock!" she yelled, hoping Gwen could stop the Starly trying to peck her. Purple goop shot from Gwen's mouth and hit the Starly straight in the face. The Spinarak did not even hesitate before it followed up with a Pin Missile, and the Starly crash-landed onto the ground.

Gwen crawled down towards Sarah, her feet tapping against the bark. She stopped on Sarah's stomach, and look her trainer straight in the eye. All Sarah could think was: "Now, how do I get down?"

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016

May Calendar
    Baby Steps
    Inventory:
    x5 Pokeballs, PokeGear, x4 books: Sinnoh: Legends and Myths; Galaxy Edition, Exploring Sinnoh, How to Live Off Nature, and All About Pokemon.​

The sounds of life outside told May that it was light outside. Sounds of random chatter and Pokemon in harmony is beautiful noise to her. No mater how beautiful it was, it distracted May from reading. With a agitated sigh she closed her book, Sinnoh: Legends and Myths: Galaxy Edition, and hopped out her bed. Even though she doesn't sleep often, she still lays down to pretend, often times reading the night away. The book she read did just that, and more - she extremely enjoyed reading it. It told of the mysterious Team Galaxy and how they rose to be a terrifying threat, but got stopped by two unlikely heroes and their Pokemon. "I wanna be just like them someday, brave, strong, and confident." May thought to herself. She slipped out of her Pikachu-covered Pajamas and dressed into her normal wear, including her purse.

Once she was dressed, May headed out of her room into the only hallway in their house. To her right was the bathroom and across the hall was her parents room - unopened for years. Her father would be furious about what she was about to do, but he was asleep and she was leaving anyway. She needed her mothers stuff from when she was once a trainer. Turning the knob, May slowly pushed the door open. No matter how hard she tried, it croaked, filling the silent house with noise. She gulped, hoping it didn't wake John, and pressed through the tiny opening she made. Everything was covered in dust and had a strong musky smell to it. Revolted, May plugged her nose by squeezing it shut with her fingers. The room itself had an eerie feeling to it, as if this part of the house was frozen in time. A feeling of wanting to get out tugged at the back her mind. May pressed on however, pushing the feeling to the side. She needed to do this, to be able to start her journey. With a faster pace, she searched around, looking for anything that would help her. Eventually she found something useful - A belt with 5 pokeballs around it, all empty. "A perfect number, since I already have Junior. Speaking of which, I need to pick him up from the Daycare..." May sighed. "Why dad insists on the Daycare is beyond me, he knows I hate interacting with people... at least they're nice, I guess." Along with the belt, May found a wallet and a bigger, same hue of red purse which helped since her books were awfully big.

Creeping out of her parent's room, May tiptoed towards the living room. Her Father, John, sat in his usual chair, passed out drunk. With an almost full bottle in one hand and the other on the mousepad of a laptop, John slept peacefully. May breathed a sigh of relief as she knew that she couldn't get caught, as her dad slept like a log. On the screen was shown a picture of a serpentine-like Pokemon, named Giratina. The face of said Pokemon gave May a shiver down her spine. "I've heard about that name..." May realized. "It was in the book. Team Galaxy tried to use its power for something. It was said to live in another dimension. I guess that's why dad is researching such a hideous Pokemon."
    May walked over to the kitchen table a hold of her Pokegear and unplugged it from the charger. Opening it up, she went to contacts. Dad(John), Home, Library, and finally Mom(Misty). May's heart suddenly felt heavier, and felt that curling up in a ball would be better then doing anything. Shaking her head, she powered down the Gear. "No time for that, I've done enough crying already." She thought to herself, slowly making her way to the door. May's legs trembled as she approached the door. The thought of all this scared her - but as her mother would tell her; "It's okay to be scared, May. Even I get scared sometimes."

With her mothers words repeating in her mind, May stepped outside for the first time in a week.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Vince Caroo - Day 2 - ....Trouble!

Pokemon/Inventory
    Spoiler:

Vince and his Pokemon finished their lunch and headed out again, Buizel took his customary place next to Vince as they walked. As time passed they began to grow weary. "Man, how much farther til Celestic?" Vince asked tiredly. They came upon a large hill that seemed to go on forever. To make matters worse, the fog that this route was famous for appeared in that moment. "Oh great. Just what we need. Better be careful." Vince thought to himself. They pressed on but something didn't seem right, it felt like they were being watched. "Lets move faster Scooter, this fog is giving me the creeps" Vince told his partner as their pace quickened. In that moment they heard several branches snap and eyes appeared all around them. "H...Hello?" Vince squeaked out "Who are....?" Before he could finish his thought, a boulder appeared sailing right towards them.

"Scooter dodge!" Vince commanded as he dove to the side. The Buizel dove to the other side and was soon surrounded by half a dozen Timburr and Machop. The Pokemon looked at Buizel menacingly as they cracked their knuckles and slammed their logs on the palms of their hands. "Scoooter, use Swift and spin around!" Buizel sprung into action and sent powerful golden stars at its opponents. As they looked to protect themselves, Buizel took the opportunity to get back to its trainer. "We gotta get outta here! These Timburr and Machop are insane!" Vince clamored out as they sprinted up the hill towards what they hoped was safety. The Pokemon had recovered though and the Timburr sent another couple boulders at the pair with Rock Slide. These were off target...or so it seemed. The boulders sailed over them and blocked their path from getting away. "This isn't good, now how do we get out of this?" Vince muttered to himself. "We're gonna have to take them head on Scoot" Vince looked down at his partner. Buizel stepped forward awaiting his trainer's commands as the wild Pokemon closed in. "Use Aqua Jet!" Water formed around Buizel as it raced towards one of the Machop. As he was about to make contact though, the Machop disappeared into the fog. Buizel became confused and turned around and aimed for a Timburr. Again as he got close, the Timburr also disappeared into the fog. Dumbstruck, the Buizel came out of its attack and landed in the middle of the fog in front of its trainer "Focus Scooter! Sense them!" Buizel nodded. In that moment a boulder came flying at it again. "Dodge it!" the Pokemon dove to the side but as it did, a Machop jumped out of the fog and nailed the Buizel with a vicious Karate Chop. Buizel was slammed to the ground as the Machop disappeared back into the fog. "Scooter get up and use Quick Attack!" Vince yelled nervousey. The Buizel gingerly got up and gathered its energy, taking off at breakneck speed towards a Timburr that had come into view. Before Buizel could get even halfway there though, a leg appeared and swept Buizel's legs out from under him sending him sprawling into the dirt. A Low Kick quickly followed from the wild Timburr sending the Buizel back towards Vince. The Buizel lay there, clearly defeated and unable to battle. "Scooter!" Vince cried as he rushed to the Pokemon's side. Just then a Machop jumped out again, ready to use another Karate Chop. Vince covered his defenseless Pokemon and took the attack square on the back. He slumped down next to Buizel, clearly injured. "I told you I would keep you safe if I could buddy." Vince stroked Buizel's fur as the Machop came back ready to use another Karate Chop. It walked slowly towards them and raised its arm over Buizel and then.....

While all this happened, the Kecleon watched from the side, blending in with the fog. It watched as the trainer and his Pokemon battled to no avail. It feared that they had no chance of winning. This group of Machop and Timburr were known for ambushing wild Pokemon and trainers in the area and beating up their Pokemon and sometimes the trainer under the cover of the fog. Kecleon, itself, had been a victim of this group before. It had been beaten badly and it took cover in the forest scared of seeing them again. But Kecleon couldn't handle watching this. He watched as the Buizel was knocked back by the Low Kick. It saw how the trainer protected his Pokemon from a fatal blow and took it himself. This trainer cared about Pokemon and would do anything for his partners. Kecleon became angry as the trainer slumped down from the attack. Kecleon wondered if there was anything it could do though. It had been beaten badly last time and it didn't want a repeat. But this trainer, this amazing, kind trainer. He couldn't let his journey end as it just began. "Kec...Kecleon" it muttered to itself. In that moment, it noticed the Machop walking up to the trainer and Buizel, prepared to finish the battle as the other Pokemon encircled the weak partners. Kecleon knew what he had to do.....

Vince saw the Machop and prepared for the worst. "You are the best partner I ever had Scooter." Buizel nodded as a single tear formed in its eye "Bui...." The Machop's hand began its descent and Vince and Buizel closed their eyes. They waited for the impact but it never came. Vince opened his eyes and saw a green Pokemon with a red stripe on its belly in front of him and a fainted Machop about 20 feet in front of this strange Pokemon. The Pokemon turned slightly towards Vince and smiled "Kecleon..." and returned to battle. The Machop's friends weren't very happy and they converged on the Kecleon...

Kecleon had used Psybeam before it knew what it was doing, it had never used this move before but something about his love for that trainer gave it the power to learn this move. The Psybeam caught the Machop by surprise and defeated it in one hit. Kecleon raced in front of Vince, determined to protect him and Buizel. The Machop's gang, angry, sprang into action and converged on Kecleon all at once. This was far from their normal tactics and Kecleon knew this was exactly what he needed. A Timburr came in and hit Kecleon with a Low Kick sending it into the air where a Machop sprang up and used a Karate Chop to send it flying back down to the ground. Kecleon knew this is what he needed but before he could react a boulder came flying at it, sending it flying into a tree. It was very slow to get up "Keeeccccc...." it groaned as it rubbed its head, uneasy on its feet. A Timburr laughed menacingly as it walked towards the injured Pokemon and used a Low Kick, sending it back towards the group. The wild Pokemon laughed as Kecleon hit the ground. But this is what Kecleon needed. It was now the Fighting type due to its ability Color Change and he finally had a chance. The gang had grown cocky and were laughing, playing with Kecleon now. Kecleon prepared his attack "Keeeeeeccccccclleeeeeeoooonnnnn!" it yelled as it began to glow. The gang stopped as it watched what Kecleon was doing. "Keeeeeecccccccc.....Leon!!!!" It yelled out as it released its energy, sending a shock wave of sorts through the area, affecting all Fighting types in the area. Kecleon had used Synchronoise. "Timburrrrr! Maaaaaaachoppppppp!" The gang screamed as they were hit and sent flying away from the attack. Kecleon collapsed to the ground having used all its energy.

Vince watched the battle and saw how this wild Kecleon saved them. At the end he saw Kecleon collapse and sprang into action. He quickly, but gingerly, got up and raced over to the Kecleon. "We gotta get this Kecleon to the Pokemon Center as soon as possible!" Buizel barked in agreement "Bui Bui!" At that the pair sprinted off towards Celestic Town, Kecleon carried in Vince's arms. They reached the top of the hill and saw the lights of the ancient town at the bottom. They continued running and soon reached the town uncsring of their own injuries. They charged into the Pokemon Center " Nurse Joy! This Kecleon was badly hurt protecting my Buizel and I from a group of Timburr and Machop. You've gotta help it!" Vince cried to the pink-haired nurse. "Oh dear! Chansey this is an emergency! Lets go!" Nurse Joy grabbed the Kecleon and put it on a gurney. They wheeled it quickly into the ER.

Hours later, Vince sat in the lobby waiting for news when finally Nurse Joy came out with Chansey and a bandaged up Kecleon. "You know, you're lucky you got here when you did, its going to be okay! This Kecleon must have gone through a lot and had used up all its energy protecting you. It must really care for you. Are you its trainer?" Nurse Joy asked. "I'm afraid not, its actually a wild Pokemon. It just came out of nowhere with these amazing attacks and saved me and my Buizel" Vince looked down at his Buizel who smiled at him. "Well it could've fooled me. You must have made some kind of impression on this here Kecleon for it to have come in and saved you liked that, almost killing itself in the process. It must really care for you. I'll leave you two alone now." Nurse joy said as she walked off. The Kecleon blushed at Nurse Joy's words. "Is that true Kecleon? Did you save us because you care for us?" Vince said, petting Kecleon's head. Kecleon smiled and blushed "Kec! Kecleon!" It squeaked out, raising its arms jumping into Vince's arms. Vince caught it and smiled "Are you saying you want to come with me Kecleon?" Vince asked. "Kecleon Kec!" The Pokemon chirped. Vince smiles, "Well alright then, I just hope i can repay you someday", as he pulls out a Pokeball, touching it to Kecleon's head, absorbing it into the ball. It began to wiggle once...twice...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• tKPMWQL.jpg

Invo:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Team: Litleo.

Fog was starting to settle around Iruko. All around him, he could hear what sounded like new trainers. It sounded like more than a few of them were having problems. He wondered if they were all younger than him, but there was no way of telling. The fog had become too thick to see much, but he knew the route like the back of his hand. He also knew when fog settled, a group of Machamp and Timburr would attack pokemon and trainers. He didn't know why. One thing he knew was that they didn't fight fairly. And as if signaled by Arceus itself, branches snapped and cracked all around him. He had heard it more than once before.

"You don't want to mess with me or my pokemon you clown looking jocks." Iruko said out loud.

Iruko stopped to listen. However, no boulders were thrown. He looked around and wondered if it was the fighting pokemon. He continued to act like he would normally would.

"You know... in pokemon battle, you are supposed to battle by following the rules. However, you are a bunch of wild pokemon... there are no rules. And if you think I will let you attack me and my pokemon without a fight, you are very wrong."

"Oh is that so!? My my you have grown up a lot... But here is a lesson for you!!" A voice called.

Iruko didn't have time to react as a thunder shock was sent through the air and shocked him. He cringed in pain. It was not to bad with it being on a thunder shock, but it didn't stop him from crying in pain and calling to his knees. Iruko put his hands out in front of him to stop himself from falling. And he looked around, but saw nothing. He couldn't tell where the voice or attack came from. All he could tell was that the voice belonged to a female.

"Who are you!? Why did you attack me!?" Iruko yelled.

This time he sensed the change in the air and quickly rolled out of the way of another thunder shock. Sensing his trainer was in trouble, Litleo let itself out of his ball and tried to roar.

"Ah so you have some moves of your own! I guess the old man finally died? Otherwise, you wouldn't have left that house! We have watched you for 15 years, waiting for the moment you were alone. Oh how long it took." The voice mocked.

Iruko sneered, but didn't give into the bait. He placed a hand on Litleo to calm it. Litleo looked back at Iruko, disappointed at his trainer shaking his head to not attack, but Litleo did as it was told.

"You didn't answer me, who are you!" Iruko yelled.

There was silence for a moment. Iruko thought the voice had left, but as that thought crossed his mind, the female voice sounded again.

"In time you will know! But I have another matter at hand! See you soon!" The voice yelled.

Iruko didn't try to follow, even though he wanted to. But you couldn't run blindly on this route.

Night fell over where Iruko and Litleo had set up a tent. Iruko couldn't stop thinking about the female who had attacked him in the fog. Saying that he had been watched for 15 year. He wondered why he bad been watched for so long and for what purpose. He couldn't figure out why the female had attacked him, but the promptly left. He put a piece of stantler jerky in his mouth and started to chew on it slowly.

He started to give some jerky to Litleo, but as he did, a Hoothoot dive bombed them from a tree and stole the jerky. Litleo tried to roar in anger, but only managed to make the Hoothoot.

"Roar!" Litleo try to roar again, but failed.

"Hoo hooo hoooo hoooo ho ho hoooo." The Hoothoot laughed.

Litleo looked at Iruko with its big eyes, waiting for the order to attack.

"It's a flying pokemon. You don't know any moves to even reach it. You have ember... but..." At that moment, hail and snow started to slowly fall from the sky, the limb beneath the owl pokemon gave away and it crashed to the ground. The Hoothoot blinked in surprise as it was suddenly on the ground.

Litleo smiled.

"...Well.... someone must be battling with a ice type, but it helps us regardless. Litleo! Fire Fang!" Iruko commanded.

Litleo gladly obliged and charged at the surprised owl. Litleo's fangs erupted with fire as the fire fang formed. Litleo leaped and bit down hard on the hoothoot's leg. The little owl tried in pain. The owl quickly turned the tides as it started to peck at Litleo. Litleo let go to cry in annoyance. The Hoothoot didn't give up as it started to screech in an uproar attack.

"Litleo, quickly charge at hoothoot with a headbutt!" Iruko commanded.

Litleo did so, fighting against the uproar, he charged. Hoothoot couldn't do anything as it was still in an uproar. Litleo made contact and sent the Hoothoot rolling into a tree. The snow and hail died down as Hoothoot quickly took to the sky. Iruko didn't know if he wanted to catch the owl or not. He then remember that Hoothoot seemed to also like jerky. Iruko smiled.

"Litleo don't let it get away, we are gonna make it a friend! Use ember!" Iruko yelled.

Litleo let out a spray of fire and it exploded into Hoothoot. The owl pokemon fell to the ground, hitting a rock hard.

Iruko quickly brought out a dusk ball from his satchel. He hit the button in the middle. The dusk ball grew in his hand. Iruko threw the dusk ball.

It shook once.... twice.... three times.... "Come on.... just click already!" Iruko growled as he waited for the results.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Isaiah Ford -
    063.gif
    371.gif

Route 210

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

One shake, two shake, three shakes, four shakes and click! The pokeball locked, indicating Bagon had been captured.

371.gif

Bagon - Rock Head Pokemon - Dragon Type
    Bite - Leer - Rage - Headbutt​

Isaiah returned Sigmund to his pokeball, then rushed over to pick up the pokeball containing his new friend. Isaiah clipped the pokeball onto his belt and found his way out of the cave. Continuing on his path, Isaiah was beaming with joy. He had caught a pokemon all by himself. Sure he had Sigmund, but Sigmund was given to him, catching this Bagon was something Isaiah did all by himself, well of course with the help of Sigmund.

Isaiah followed along the path, coming across a nice size pool in the river. Isaiah noticed a small rocky beach beside the river, as well as a couple of Oran Berry bushes up against the cliff. This was the perfect place to take a breather. Isaiah climbed down the small cliff to the beach, and sat down near the water's edge. Isaiah released both his pokemon out of their balls, and grabbed his backpack and put it in his lap. Isaiah grabbed a granola bar he had in the top pocket and took a bite. Sigmund was sleeping right beside Isaiah and was telekinetically bringing Oran Berries over to himself to eat. Isaiah noticed his Bagon staring straight at him. Isaiah extended his hand slowly to the Bagon and Bagon began sniffing Isaiah's hand.

" You know, you need a name bud. I like Pythios, it's an old name of legends, plus I think it sounds cool," Isaiah announced, with his hand still extended towards Pythios.

Pythios replied with a squeak, and waddled up closer to Isaiah. Isaiah began petting Pythios, and fed him a bite of his granola bar. Pythios looked a little weak still from his and Sigmund's battle, but with some rest and food they would be healed up and ready to go. Pythios nudged Isaiah's hand and ran over to the Oran Berry bush, and began chowing down. Isaiah finished his granola bar, and placed the wrapper in a compartment in his backpack. Isaiah began petting Sigmund, who was still asleep. Isaiah felt at peace here. Just him and his Pokemon. No moving from town to town, no getting evicted from houses, no worrying about where your next meal is coming from, just adventure and seeing Sinnoh. Isaiah grabbed his fishing rod out of his bag, put the rod together, attached a hook, baited it with an Oran Berry and casted into the pool. Isaiah let a little line out, and let the current carry the hook. Isaiah gave the hook the occasional jig, and waited for a bite.

After about 5 minutes of steady jigging, Isaiah got a bite. Isaiah set the hook and began pulling the fish in. It was a Magikarp, not the best catch but a good start. Isaiah deliberated for a quick second, and decided he would attempt a capture.

" Pythios, hit the Magikarp with a headbutt," Isaiah commanded.

Pythios charged at the Magikarp, knocking the fish back into the water, where Magikarp kept on splashing. Magikarp swam closer to the shore, then began flailing aggressively, hitting Bagon with consistent splashes of water.

" Pythios, use another headbutt," Isaiah suggested, pointing at the Magikarp.

Pythios dove into the water and headbutted the Magikarp out of the water, and Pythios swam back to shore, standing over the flopping Magikarp.

" Pythios, hit 'em with one more headbutt," Isaiah ordered.

Pythios rammed the Magikarp, sending the fish to the water's edge. Isaiah threw a pokeball at the Magikarp, encapsulating the pokemon. The ball hit the ground, all Isaiah could do was wait now. One shake, two shakes, three shakes...

Years

• ROUTE 210
    profile_by_derpybrohooves-d9hpr92.jpg

Lauryl Caster
    "This can't be happening!"
    Pokemon:
    Eevee_shiny_DP_game.png
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:

After a few more moments of wobbling about, Lauryl's Pokeball suddenly split in half. The green flash that took Magikarp reformed back into the noisey orange fish. The Pokemon retook its place among the folded grass, countineing to flail, in an otherwise stationery position. A few seconds past before Lauryl broke her silence of disbelief. Pointing an insulted finger to her new target. "Gotta admit, you surprised me there, lil' fishy. Didn't take ya for a tough guy, but if it is a fight you want..." The wild haired girl paused to acquire Eevee's Pokeball. "I suppose we can do this the hard way!"

Lauryl tossed the ball upward, and unnoticeabley to her, a little to the right. Still Eevee appeared in position, low to the ground ears back. The fox shook her shimmering silver fur sending small sparkles around herself. "Eevee!" She barked offensively moving in for an unordered Quick Attack. Building momentum blindingly fast given the small amount of space between she and Magikarp. Yet still, just as Eevee pushed up to dive at the fish, the Magikarp finally moved. The simple motion of kicking over to its opposite side, was all that was needed to avoid the strike.
    - Karp, Karp, Karp, magi-agikarp, Karp, karp... -

Faceful of dirt, and a hurting nose, Eevee shook her head questionably in unison with her equally stunned trainer. "Go for it again! You can run circles 'round this joker!" Lauryl shouted with a sweeping motion of her hand. Doing literally as told Eevee zipped around her opponent, choosing the perfect time to lunge in for another Quick Attack. Only to have her flawlessly executed performance foiled again, as the Magikarp vaulted a few pathetic feet into the air, effortlessly over the fox. Landing back in place carrying on its increasingly annoying chant.

Lauryl's brow twitched as her pride was being well tested, she could only imagine how her Eevee felt. "Don't take that! Show him what we got! Sand Attack, then follow up with a Bite!" Lauryl aggressively announced her next commands. She watched in utter humiliation as her Eevee kicked a veil of sand lunging into it, just to be knocked back out the opposite side. The sand dissipated quickly to reviel the Magikarp back on its original side. "Go!go!go! Psych him out, Quick Attack! Quick Attack!" Lauryl was basically horrified as she watched the fish flip and flop, and only when an attack was made.
    - Karp, Magikarp, Karp, Karp, Karp...-

Breathing heavily, Eevee's movements progressively slowed with each attempt. One after the other, no matter the spacing or timing of attack, nothing was making contact. That was until the fish decided to take the offensive by forcing its form over and into Eevee's unprepared side. The Tackle was heavy and dense enough to knock Eevee over, but only for a second. Eevee regained her footing swiftly moving into a backwards leap to reformulate her strategy, but just as she got airborne she was met by a second Tackle. Toppling back onto the ground Eevee's eyes gleamed with anger as she wobbled to a stand.

Noticing her Pokemon's heated emotions and obvious movements of fatigue Lauryl knew that she had to come up with a plan, and soon. She couldn't waist using a Potion aginst a Magikarp! Who does that? She still hasn't made a hit yet so she wasn't about to trash another Pokeball. Her frustrations elevated as her train of thought was interrupted by a third Tackle from the fish. This time however Eevee did manage to sidestep, but was promptly met by another faceful of solid ground when her counter strike failed. Lauryl clenched the ball that was stillheld in her left hand, while reaching into her bag with her right pulling out a purple accented white spray canister. With an awkward smirk of mixed feelings she called Eevee over to her side.

"I got a plan..." Lauryl whispered to her Pokemon, spraying her with the miraculous healing ointment. "...I know you can take it." She finished, her face back on the wriggling fish, her grin widened. Back to nearly full spunk Eevee ran back into her offensive stance with a similar expression standing in wait.
    - Karp, Karp, Magikarp, arp, magi-agikarp, Karp, Karp...

Time passed and neither Pokemon made a move, Eevee even took her eyes off her opponent to give an inquisitive glance to her trainer. Lauryl shrugged and held firm, waiting for the opportunity, turning on her visual assistance to get better sight in the dimming light, still set to the 'PokeDex Function' the circle coincidently highlighted the fish.
    Magikarp, the Fish Pokemon. It is said to be the world's weakest Pokemon. It is unable to swim against even slow-moving currents. An underpowered, pathetic Pokemon. No one knows why it has survived.

"Ha-ha, ha-ha..ahahahaha! N-no way! Well I-ha, I guess we found out ha-how! Ha-ha.." Lauryl couldn't hold back her frustrations. Eevee's ears drooped with an unappreciative squeak, before narrowing her eyes, lunging in for another self-determined snap of her teeth. Again as expected was simply flopped out of the way, however after leaping in the air to provoke the fish. Eevee and Lauryl both chimed notes of excitement as Magikarp moved in for yet another Tackle. Being this was the plan Eevee forced herself into a mid-air Quick Attack. Both Pokemon then bounced back in opposite directions. Magikarp however seemed to take substantially more damage considering the distance variance between the combatants.

The two Pokemon nearly instantly flew at each other again and again. The PokeDex seemingly correct as Eevee was now showing the upper hand. Eevee wobbled a bit, but Magikarp's chant and movements had slowed considerably. "Alright here we go!" Lauryl interrupted, throwing the ball in her hand, with the utmost precision, towards the fish.

After striking Magikarp dead-on the Pokeball bounced back uselessly as the center button flashed red, being it was still Eevee's capsule. Lauryl ashamed smacked herself in the face, as Eevee also barked her arguments gently shaking her head. In the meantime Magikarp repositioned itself unprovoked. Within the time of Lauryl reaching for a third banded ball, Magikarp made another unprovoked Tackle. Still in the mindset Eevee instinctively retorted with an attack of her own. However using the force of being knocked back, Magikarp flung itself back towards and into the river-

Panicked, Lauryl charged in after the fish. "Eevee! Hurry use Swift! It's your only long-ranged moooo-ohh've..." She frantically called slowly coming to the obvious solution that could've been used from the beginning. Startled by Lauryl's splashing, the Magikarp leapt over the surface of the water, to be momentarily held in place by Eevee's quick reaction timed spray of stars. Just long enough for Lauryl to throw her unused Pokeball at the Pokemon. The fish was quickly snapped back into the sphere by a familiar green flicker. Closing shut the ball fell into the creek staying in view only by the glowing green center, which Lauryl was intently staring at waiting for it to dim down...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Ruby Cosgrove
    Chapter 2: Zyra

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Ruby was not particularly in the best of moods as she resumed her journey towards Celestic Town. Nova seemed to pick up on this rather easily. He knew that his trainer was not always the talkative type, but the tension in the air between the woman and the Houndour seemed to be particularly thick, and for good reason too. After all, when one has had two of their contacts completely fall through and decline the offer of a lifetime...

"...Let's take a break here," Ruby sighed, finally breaking the silence. The woman did not wait for Nova to respond in a positive or negative manner. Rather, she briskly walked past the Houndour, taking a moment to get comfortably seated on a rather large rock. "I can't believe both Marshal and Dirk turned into these pathetic, wussy losers. Dirk used to be so fierce and dedicated to the cause. Sure, we all had our ups and downs after everything went crashing down, but a little jail-time making him think that he's some saint now? What a load of crap!"

Ruby reached into a pocket on her coat, quickly taking hold of a cigarette and lighter. She wasted no time in placing the stick between her lips and lighting it up, before taking a long and rather refreshing drag. It was a habit she herself honestly was not too thrilled she had picked up, but smoking did a lot to calm her nerves. Closing her eyes for a brief moment, Ruby took in the sounds of the area that surrounded her. The sounds of the afternoon breeze rustling the leaves of nearby trees was so peaceful. Combined with the rushing waters of the river down below, it was almost as if nature itself was putting on a symphony made just for her. Slowly opening her eyes one more, Ruby leaned back against the rock and stared up at the sky above.

"Okay... So things didn't go exactly as planned at first," she began to muse aloud. "I can deal with that. Not everything will be perfect. Even if Dirk would have agreed, we'd still have a long road ahead. Maybe... Maybe I've been going about this all wrong. Maybe I should start with new blood first..."

As Ruby racked her brain with what her next step should actually be, she failed to notice that her Houndour was making his way towards her side. Nova used his front paws to stand up against the rock. His warm, wet snout began to nudge up against Ruby... or more particularly, the sash tied around her arm. The woman took note of this, gazing over at Nova before smiling softly at the pup. It did not exactly take a genius to figure out what the curious Houndour was wanting to investigate.

"You wanna meet that Scyther we caught earlier, huh?" Ruby questioned. The Houndour barked in response, his small tail starting to wag quickly, as if showing the woman she was right in her assumptions. "Well, I guess this is as good a time as any. I probably need to heal it up a bit anyways."

Taking hold of the Poké Ball which contained the Scyther, Ruby glanced down at it in hesitation before looking back at her Houndour. She gave the dog a cautious look. She had not let Scyther out of its ball since she had caught it. There was always the possibility that the Bug-type was not too thrilled with it being captured and could just as easily rebel against Ruby. She wanted her Houndour to be ready for just such an event, something that Nova seemed to pick up on quickly. The dog slid off the rock and came back to stand on all fours as he normally would. Taking one more small puff from her cigarette, Ruby tossed the ball into the air and let the Scyther out of its Poké Ball.

The Scyther stretched its blade-arms in the air, letting out a moan-like screech as it took form from the beam of light that shot out of the ball. The bug took a cautious glance around, as if trying to get its bearings before it took sight of both Ruby and Nova. Neither the trainer or her Houndour made any sudden moves at first. The last thing they wanted to do was startle the Scyther and cause it to attack them or something. Slowly, Ruby climbed off the rock and took a few steps towards the bug.

"Hey there," she greeted, raising one of her hands in the process. "I guess you probably figured it out by now, but I caught you after your little fight with Nova." As she spoke, the woman gestured down to the Fire-type in question. Nova slowly made his way closer towards the Scyther, sniffing around its feet before nudging against its leg with a small bark. The Scyther did not seem to react too negatively towards this so far. Ruby honestly was not sure just how much the Scyther understood, but she figured she might as well press on regardless. "You're part of the team now. I'm gonna work you hard, but I think we'll get along just fine."

She paused for a moment, reaching into a black, duffle-style bag that she normally carried on her shoulder. Rummaging through its contents, Ruby spotted a Potion bottle that she had taken the time to liberate from some Youngster before arriving in Solaceon Town. Holding the bottle up, she offered the Scyther a soft smile.

"I can heal some of your wounds with this. If you trust me, then come here," she commanded.

The Scyther seemed to hesitate for a moment, not that Ruby could really blame it. It was not that long ago that the bug and Nova were locked in a battle for their lives. Now, someone that could have easily been viewed as its enemy was trying to talk to it. The Scyther glanced down towards Nova. The Houndour had one of those dumb-looking, innocent smiles on his face as he barked, his tail starting to wag with excitement once more. As if taking this as a sign that everything was okay, the Scyther slowly made its way towards Ruby and allowed the woman to apply the medicine to its wounds. Ruby could tell that the spray did in fact sting a bit, but the Scyther did not seem to fly off the handle at the Potion being applied.

"There... now that we have you all healed up, I guess we need to figure out a name for you," Ruby said. Placing a hand on her hip, she looked the Scyther up and down. "I guess first thing we need to do is figure out if you're a boy or girl though."

Reaching into another coat pocket, the girl pulled out a small, red, book-like device. She flipped the device open and pointed it towards the Scyther. Ruby then pressed a small button, which caused the device to start to scan the Bug-type Pokémon.

"Scyther is blindingly fast. Its blazing speed enhances the effectiveness of the twin scythes on its forearms. This Pokémon's scythes are so effective, they can slice through thick logs in one wicked stroke.The abdomen of a female will be slightly larger than that of the male."

Glancing up from her Pokédex, Ruby gazed at the Scyther's abdomen area. She quickly took note of how long it looked compared to that of the Scyther pictured in the device and nodded.

"According to this thing, you're definitely a female," Ruby stated. "And I got just the name for you, too. Welcome to the team, Zyra."

The newly dubbed Zyra seemed to nod in response to this. Ruby took another inhale of her cigarette and smiled. Sure, Dirk turned her down. But Ruby had a feeling things were going to just get better for here. It would only be a matter of time now, and all of Sinnoh would bow before the might of Team Scarlet.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Prologue: Beginning With Farewells
    Location | Outskirts of Solocean
    Time | 5:13 AM

x

An endless stretch of unlit sky and flat terrain in all directions; it had been the perfect campsite. Absolutely flawless positioning, right in the middle of Solocean flatland, where the fire had blazed brightly and the marshmallows had tasted sweeter than ever. It had been a night of songs, laughter and unity. Now the marshmallows were all devoured, the fire snuffed and trailer doors sealed as they waited until dawn. The celebration had come to a close while the grand event it preceded had near just begun: the first official Pokemon journey in Wakahisa family history, how exhilarating!

Harley was perhaps the most anxious of them all, understandably. There was something especially appealing about the Solocean area, its open air and rugged ground. The tall grass looked mysterious, even the muddy parts looked thrilling. Everything seemed different now that the day of her departure was so imminent. The thought of adventure had kept her awake all night. There were very few possessions to pack; she'd simply wanted to stare out towards the inky sky and admire the scenery until her eventual departure. Leaving right then and there was not on Harley's mind. The suspense was beautiful in itself. Besides, she'd made a promise.

Can you stick around until dawn? We have a surprise for you... and we want to say goodbye.

Harley noticed the first signs of daylight. The sun was too low to see from her position but the inky sky was growing lighter by the second. It was more of a dark navy now, and Harley could see the shapes of people against it. Her family came streaming out of their trailers, chattering with one another. Their voice were faint in the distance: "Where's Harley? Is she still asleep? Is she still in her trailer?" Already, they were looking for her. She considered going to meet them, but Lorenzo had already found her, sitting on the miniature stairs leading up to a trailer door.

"Mornin', kiddo." He addressed her in boxers and slippers, the usual Lorenzo attire. "How long 've you been sittin' out here?"

Harley beamed up at him. "Let's simply say... 'a while'. Wouldn't want you to worry about me, after all."

"Heh! Tell that ta Lucetta. And Bug-Eye and Sneezy. Dumbo, too. They've all been worryin' sick over you all mornin'."

"I'm sure they have." Harley barely minded it, when they got a little fretful over her. She was only slightly peeved when Lorenzo ruffled her hair. He laughed as she sought to fix it, which was when her cousins appeared to burst from nowhere.

"There you are, Glam-Glam! Here--think fast!" Ashton called, the first of her fire-breathing relatives. His twin pitched Harley a little burlap pouch that she just nearly caught.

"You couldn't have thrown them any softer, could you, Tough Guy? Ooh! Are these nuts?"

"Nuts!? They're berries, dumbie!" said an exasperated Tough Guy, also known as Ethan, the second fire-breather. "You give 'em to your Pokemon to make 'em happier! So don't go eating 'em."

"Yeah, Mum grew 'em for you," Ashton added.

"That's correct, so you shouldn't be flinging them around like you've suddenly taken up juggling!" Aunt Teresa (Flower-Girl) emerged from around the corner with signature straw hat and scoldings meant specifically for her twins. "What did I tell you about being careless, especially with things that aren't yours!?"

Harley found the entire exchange hopelessly funny and she was just about to give thanks to her aunt past her fitful giggling. The laughter attracted her family like Combee to honey. "There she is, I hear her!" They all came running, nearly smothering her with their praise and mementos.

"Here, Glam-Glam: a lucky coin! I'm sure it'll come in handy", said Uncle Cheapskate, handing Harley an average-looking token.

"Here's some fishing line, Harley. Just in case, I guess," said Oddball.

"Hey Glam-Glam, you can have this lollipop! I mean, I already started it, but I'm sure you can finish it for me," said a sheepish Chubster.

"And I've got plenty of honey for you, Harley dear. Take as much as you'd like," said Grandma Sweetheart.

"Glam-Glam! Gotcha a cool-lookin' TM Case! Some rich kid must've dumped it, but I fixed it up: good as new! Go ahead and keep all your TMs in here, once you find some." Little Tinkerer reached up to give her the yellow object, still a bit scratched on the bottom but ultimately in decent shape.

"Oh, you're all so kind!" Harley called to the crowd, waving as a pageant star would and cradling every object as if they were bouquets. Some were certainly more useful than others but she was flattered either way. The fact they'd all gone out of their way to bring presents, not matter how unnecessary, really was quite thoughtful. It was when Aunt Lucetta offered her money that she felt slightly uncomfortable, pushing the Poké away.

"No, no! I couldn't take that..."

"Harley, dear, every Trainer needs money. The only Pokeball you've got on you is that old Ultra Ball from Lorenzo. And what do you plan to use to heal your Mime Jr. if he ever gets injured. Trust me, this money would be better off in your hands." Aunt Lucetta was always steadfast in her opinions. It was with reluctance that Harley took the money, but then something absolutely stunning caught her eye. She had been wandering where her parents had gone off to, but here they were, holding was could practically be considered a diamond in Harley's eyes.

"A Pokedex!? A real-life, genuine, newest-edition Pokedex!?" She practically sprung on top of her mother and father, hugging them as tightly as she could manage. "Oh, it must have cost a fortune! Did you really...?"

A bit unprepared for such a bone-squeezing embrace, Harley's father backed up, but he still smiled down at her as she gripped her mother (who also seemed a little frightened). "It was a real sacrifice but honestly, Harley, the best Trainers always have Pokedexes. They're essentials, really. If you left without one, well, we didn't want to set you up to fail..."

"We believe in you." It was a simple answer from Harley's mother but it made a world of a difference. It took all her inner strength to keep from bawling. The implication of such a purchase was stronger, perhaps, the purchase itself.

"Mom, D-dad..." Sniffing and wiping her eyes, she eventually took the Pokedex and very gently placed it within her suitcase. "I'll take great care of it. I promise!"

"And don't get too caught up in Training, okay? Talk to us sometime."

"I will! I promise that too! I'll let you all know of everything that Goofball and I are doing!"

Her words were met with much applause, even some tears. Goodbye hugs and handshakes were exchanged. That and Harley was handed back all of the gifts she'd dropped in her excitement which she was plenty apologetic for. Suddenly, the time to leave was upon them. The sunrise was a gorgeous golden shade and Harley was fully packed, dressed, ready to depart. It was heartbreaking but it was also refreshing. Something utterly new was happening as they stood and watched her set off in direction of Solocean Town.

"C'mon, Goofball! Let's go pick up some supplies and then we can start aiming for Celestic Town!" Her Mime Jr. warbled with glee, recently released from his little Poke Ball and now wobbling after his Trainer jubilantly. Like a mother leading their child, Harley grabbed his delicate little arm to help steady his balance and they rolled off.

The Wakahisas waved and cheered until Harley had disappeared from sight; a grand standing ovation for Glam-Glam!

mime-jr.gif

Inventory |
    Sinnoh_Pok%C3%A9dex_Icon.png
    Bag_TM_Case_Sprite.png
    Bag_Honey_Sprite.png
    Bag_Berry_Pouch_Sprite.png
    Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Flute_Sprite.png
    Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png

Poké |
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Evalynn von Teese
    Solaceon Town Route 210
    Evalynn staggered out of the cold Pokemon Center, into the warm rustic air of Solaceon, grumbling.

"How could they not have a bar? What kind of organization are they running? Non-profit, my ass," She spat. "I'm sure they have a bar. What else are the Chanseys going to drink? Blood?"

Completely ignoring the stares she received for muttering to herself, Evalynn made her way out of town.

"'We don't produce alcohol in Solaceon.' Bull****, don't they have vineyards here? What's the point of having a dozen farms without a single vineyard? Why did I even decide to come here? I should never have listened to–"

From the corner of her eye, she spotted something fly past her. Her head still hurt, her body not conditioned to being sober for more than twelve hours, and her eyes felt like iron despite the sleep she got. That something flew back, this time pausing to observe her. Dazed, Evalynn's eyes took several seconds to focus on the thing before her. It was a K (or looked as such), with an eyeball somehow blinking at her, probably waiting for her to react.

"Yeah, this is why I need a drink." She continued down the road towards Route two-one-something, rubbing her temples to ease the throbbing and perhaps erase the hallucinations.

A ****ing K floating before her. She was definitely going insane. This whole Trainer idea was not looking good at the moment. Why did he have to suggest it?

"I hate you so m–"

She felt something slam into her ankle, and suddenly the world tilted over and she landed face first onto the loamy earth. Groaning, she picked herself up, spitting out any form of carbon from her mouth, and saw a green reptilian pokemon staring at her, standing at the spot where she fell over.

"Where the heck did you come from?"

The pokemon said nothing but stuck its tongue out as its only response.

"You think this is funny? Come here you," She jerked her right foot out at the pokemon. Before she could land the kick, it leaped away and disappeared. Suddenly, she felt a slimy wetness against the back of her ear, immediately jerking her head away, the pokemon now visible behind her.

"You think you're real slick, huh? This is the part where I whoop your ass, pal!"

Her left hand reached down to her waist-side, only grasp at nothing. For a moment, she was stunned to feel her pokeball's absence... until she realized it was hanging by her right. She pinched her nose bridge. This will take time to get used to.

Pressing the circular button on the pokeball, the capsule lock was released and out streamed red plasma energy which materialized into a pink ball of fur.

"Velvet, hit it!" Evalynn's mind scrambled to remember whatever attacks the pokemon knew. "...DoubleSlap!"

With a squeak, the chinchilla scurried towards the Kecleon, deftly dodging its whipping tongue, before dealing two slaps to its face with its tail. The satisfying smacks were enough to lift the corners of Evalynn's lips.

"Alright, Tickle! Wait no, Pound! Then Tickle!"

Velvet looked at her for a confused moment before following to her sequence of commands, inflicting pain onto the chameleon, then reducing it into a fit of laughter with strokes of its furry tail. Evalynn's Minccino watched as the Kecleon's body trembled with its giggling, then eyed her trainer as if asking "Now what?".

****, what should she do? "Uh... DoubleSlap again!"

"Min min!" Velvet darted towards her opponent, tail coiled up for lashing. The Kecleon stopped laughing, waited for the distance between the Minccino and it to close, and sidestepped, disappearing as before.

Evalynn espied a red band hovering behind her Velvet, but before she could yell out, the Minccino was struck by the Kecleon who reappeared with claws of black energy.

"Pound!"

Velvet turned around, angrily smacking down the Kecleon in retaliation, chirping furiously at it.

Would now be the right time? After a brief moment in thought, Evalynn decide she couldn't care less. She grabbed an empty pokeball and launched the vacant capsule at the chameleon. Red light was quickly sucked into the device and the ball bounced onto the ground, stopping before the chinchilla as its button blinked...

Party
    minccino.gif
    Velvet (F) | Cute Charm {Pound, Baby Doll Eyes, DoubleSlap, Tickle}

Last edited:
    Years
  • Amari Alden - A Rather Dull Beginning
    Aged 15 | Female | From Veilstone City

xgytI7Z.png

Spoiler: Team
    239.png
    Buzz (M) (Vital Spirit) - Thundershock |Thunder Wave | Low Kick | Quick Attack | - | -

Amari stood near the centre of Solaceon town, enjoying the early morning breeze. She had said her goodbyes to her family earlier and stocked up on as much of everything as she could possibly afford at the pokemon centre earlier but she wasn't in much of a hurry to be off – not that she was particularly hesitant either. Amari had always moved at her own pace, which was why her Elekid was irritably tugging at the leg of her pants trying to get her to get going already.

Amari looked down with a smile
    "Alright Buzz," she said to the very originally named electric type "we can get a move on if we must. No point standing here forever, right?"
    "'Kid" the small, somewhat humanoid creature grunted, finally ceasing it's pulling at Amari's clothes.

Having finally taken the hint, Amari headed out of the town without further ado, taking in the wide plains of the farms as she did so. Buzz would have liked to have been moving faster, but the impatient pokemon's mood had become somewhat lifted by the beginning of some actual progress. As the pair made their way onto route 210, the plains of Solaceon town gradually narrowed as a chilly valley came into view, partially obscuring the vision of travellers that may be heading towards the nearby town of Celestic – which more people tended to be ever since the Gym had opened there. Of course, there was a gym in Amari's home of Veilstone City also, however Amari didn't quite feel ready to challenge Maylene the leader there. Having grown up in the city, she had quickly learned to respect the young fighting trainer's prowess on the battlefield. Buzz on the other hand didn't see why they didn't just start there.

It was during thoughts of her new journey towards completing the pokemon league challenge and of the many challenges ahead that Amari noticed that the mist was now much thicker. She wasn't totally sure how much time had passed since she'd been caught up in her deliberations, however she could tell that she had now well and truly entered the valley portion of the route, dew covered plants and long grass pushing towards her from all directions.
    "Buzz, how long have we been walking?" Buzz, being ever the helpful companion, merely shrugged at this question and continued plodding on in the same direction, Amari trusting that he was heading in the correct direction – it was a tad hard to tell in the progressively thickening mist.​

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• tKPMWQL.jpg

Invo:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Team: Litleo and Hoothoot

Iruko smiled as the dusk ball clicked. He walked over to the ball and picked it up.

"Awesome Litleo! We have a new friend!" Iruko exclaimed.

Litleo wasn't too eager to have the Hoothoot as a friend. He looked away and slowly walked back toward the small camp they had set up.

"Come on Litleo. It was just jerky, not like we didn't have more. You need to learn to relax a bit." Iruko said, walking toward the Litleo. He took a seat next to him and started to pet its head.

Iruko was no doubt still in thought about the female who had attacked him. He knew he couldn't worry about them. He had to remain brave, not leaving in the fear of a coward who attacks and speaks from the shadows. He looked down at the ball that the Hoothoot was in.

"I would bring you out little Hoothoot, but you are probably tired. We will speak tomorrow once we get the Celestic Town." Iruko announced.

The ball moved as if it was nodding and then stopped. Iruko made the ball smaller and put in on his waste.

"Leo leo li leo." The Litleo looked up at Iruko.

"You are right. I need to use the dusk, dive and heavy balls sparingly. No telling when we can buy more. I know we won't be able to buy any heavy balls. They are only made by Kurt in the Johto Region. Me and my father got the Heavy Ball when we were helping clean up the area after a storm. I am not even sure what exactly a heavy ball is for.... hmm." Iruko responded to the Litleo.

He brought out his Pokepad and a hologram appeared of the listings of items and pokemon. He typed in heavy ball, pecking at the air of the hologram. He found it and clicked on it. An image of a female popped up and started to speak.

"Heavy balls are a type of pokeball that Kurt from the Johto Region makes. If the pokemon is lower than 451 pounds, the pokeball is likely to fail with a capture rate lower than a normal poke ball. If the pokemon is more than 460 pounds, the pokeball has a slightly higher chance at capturing the pokemon. If the pokemon is heavier than 660 pounds, the chance is even higher. And lastly if the pokemon weights over 903 pounds the pokeball is at its highest capture rate." The hologram finished and the closed.

Iruko blinked, "Wow.... those are some massive pokemon... will I even get a chance at finding one of them?" Iruko asked himself.

Litleo had already fallen asleep beside Iruko. Iruko smiled and also laid back on the ground, looking up in the sky. There were a few hoothoot flying around, but they seemed to not mind travelers now. The route had become silent. In the distance, Iruko could hear the waterfalls near the end of the route. If he left early that morning, he would be in Celestic by breakfast was over at the Poke Center. And he really wanted some gravy and biscuits.

Years

• CELESTIC TOWN

Lauryl Caster
    Pokemon:
    Eevee_shiny_DP_game.png
    magikarp+video+game+sprite+pokemon.png
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Magikarp - Fish Pokemon - Water Type
    Tackle, Splash​

Soon the glowing green center disappeared, signifying a successful capture. Being thigh deep Lauryl splashed down with a triumphant laugh to retrieve the ball. It wasn't until then that the shock of the water's temperature finally over-rid her excitement. A tremendous shiver crawled up the girls body as comprehension as to what she'd done caught up all at once. Crying barks of obvious disapproval towards the fridged river, she hastily made her way back to shore. Now soaking from chest down, excluding most of her upper back, Lauryl's enthusiasm was diminishing rapidly and to make matters worse. As the, now to her, equally cold night air wisp around her, it also brought with it a dense fog. Water vapor sizzled into evaporation sending mild shocks upon contact with the electric screen rendering it useless and deactivated. Lauryl sat down on a nearby rock and proceeded to take off her over-sized immensely heavy boots.

"Eevee!" The little silver fox yipped scampering over, balancing it's miss thrown Pokeball on her head. Leaping up to be beside her trembling, yet still somehow smiling trainer, Eevee brushed the side of her face across Lauryl's arm. Eevee's Pokeball rolled into Lauryl's empty hand finally redrawing her attention. "W-well th-th-that's that I s-s-suppose, huh? Not a b-bad days-s work." Lauryl announced in a shaky voice that lacked her usually ever present spunk. Though it was dark and becoming increasingly harder to see due to Route 210 fog, Lauryl could still make out the look of mixed feelings spread across her Pokemon's face. "H-heh, don't worr-r-rr-ry 'bout a thing. Town's n-not too far off-ff now, th-thank you Eevee...again stupendous job." Before her Pokemon had a chance to respond, Lauryl had already returned the fox as a beam of red light.

Fatigue of being awake for two days, was also becoming apparent as Lauryl lumbered sluggishly along still following the river's edge. When not muttering about the cold, she was cursing periodically at the pointed objects that jabbed up at her bare feet, at least it was a good sign not being completely numb. After pressing through a rather thick patch of underbrush Lauryl seen the lights of Celestic Town, just barely but most noticeably was of course the red roof of a Pokemon Center. Just the sight alone was enough to boost Lauryl forward with a second wind, even if it wore off the second she made it to the entrance doors.

Casting the doors open leaving a trail of water draining from her massive boots in tow behind, Lauryl obliviously ignored anyone and everything as she lurched towards an open bench in the lobby. In one swift motion she plopped her footwear down next to the bench, unclipped her bag, removed her still slightly damp hoodie, rolling it up under her head as a pillow while curling herself up into a shivering ball. The Nurse at the front desk watched, at first questionably, but then swiftly made her way over to Lauryl's now already noisily sleeping form. Conveniently on the way, Nurse Joy managed to snag a towel from a shelf, which she wasted no time in using to cover up the exhausted trainer. Seeing many overachievers in the past, it was clear that Lauryl wasn't in any life threatening danger. After a nights rest in the warm building she'd wake up with nothing more than a persistent runny nose. Same considerate polite nurse as to be expected by most Centers having the pleasure of employing, Nurse Joy simply let the trainer be, returning to the front desk.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    335.png
    KATRIX HUMMEL route 210

I was strong. I had been living my life comfortably, taken the courses teachers put before me, eaten the food I was served at the ranch where I grew up... I did my part. And in return I became a strong girl. Fair deal! And then I was separated from the man I trusted the most. I knew this day would come, of course. I wasn't stupid. Nothing lasts forever, and I have a purpose in this world. I'm going to become the strongest fighter there ever was. If only my new trainer had any ability whatsoever to help this become reality.

The first time I met her was outdoors. Clouds were in the sky, a slight wind in my fur. The air smelled of rain, but the ground was still dry. In front of me stood a rather short human being, not the thinnest or weakest I had ever seen, but certainly not the mightiest ever. She looked at me as if she had seen a monster, and after only a second, she let out a high pitched wail and practically jumped behind a rock that was conveniently sitting beside the road where we seemed to be. I raised an eyebrow. That's not how you say hello to your new partner.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I knew of course that she couldn't understand me. The only human I had ever almost been able to speak to was my former trainer. Mentor. Coach. Friend. He understood me.

I heard the girl take some deep, controlled breaths before she stood up and took a few steps towards me. "Hello," she said. "Hello Zangoose."

"Hello," I said back, but of course she didn't quite hear what I wanted to say either. She probably understood the meaning though.

"You look, eh, strong."

"I am."

"I need to become strong too! So we're gonna learn how to battle and how to capture pokemon and-"

A quick shriek from her own mouth cut her off. I raised an eyebrow questioningly again; all I had been doing was raising my paw to scratch my neck. The girl was staring at the paw. Or rather, at the claws. I connected the dots.

"You are afraid of my claws?" I asked.

The girl swallowed hard and started with her controlled breathing again, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Then why did you get a Zangoose?"

"We'll work through it. I can't be a wuss," the girl said and opened her eyes again, determinedly, though I did see a few tears twinkling in their corners.

"Seems to me like you cannot be anything else," I muttered.

"I'm Karix," she said, evidently forcing a smile. "Nice to meet you!"

"Sure," I said, not completely convinced of the niceness of it all.

Since then, we have been walking, mostly in silence. Sometimes, she casts an eager glance out over the grass fields, as if she thinks wild pokémon are going to hop up at her at any time. Other times she looks up at the heavy clouds in the sky and sighes. She probably doesn't like the rain. Pity, I do. I sometimes wish that I knew a water based move, so that I could make it rain at will. That would be pretty nice. Unfortunately, my old master decided that an ice move would be a more devastating tool. And I obeyed and learned what he wanted me to learn.

Karix. She seems to be avoiding my claws, even with her gaze. That's interesting; most humans I've met so far have been impressed and praised my shiny red slashers. Question is, how will she ever be able to watch me battle? It's my turn to sigh now, as I keep walking through the dirt on the road.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• tKPMWQL.jpg

Invo:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Team: Litleo and Hoothoot

Iruko crossed the final bridge over the rivers and waterfalls. He had set off this morning before the sun had even risen into the sky. He wanted to get to Celestic Town before breakfast so that they could preserve the jerky that he had acquired from his adopted father's home.

He stepped walked slowly across the final bridge so that he did not fall. The bridge was slick from the waterfall. The waterfall roared as he walked past it. Normally he would enjoy it, but being so close to not one, not two, but three waterfalls made the noise nearly unbearably loud. He finally stepped on grass as he reached the end of the final bridge. He was relieved that a magikarp hadn't decided to jump at him while crossing the bridge.

"Thank Arceus that is over... I have never liked those waterfalls.... never..." Iruko said as he looked around the area. He walked south until he came to a cliff. There was another reason he wanted to leave before the sun rised. That was so that he could watch it.

He climbed up the cliff side in the darkness. He had done this many times in the past, so he knew exactly where to grab the rocks to make it any easy climb. He made quick progress. getting to the top within minutes of starting. He quickly ran over to an old oak tree that grew on the mountain. As he ran, he quickly unbuckled his satchel and pulled out his camera. He got to the tree just in time as the sun started to come over the mountain. The sun rise danced across the landscape. The fog hung low below the waterfalls and the valley started to light up. Just as he got his camera right, he snapped a photo.

He captured rainbows dancing across the valley near the waterfalls, the fog hanging low. The waterfalls were almost an orange color with the sunrise reflecting in the water. In some parts where the fog lacked, you could see the water reflecting the landscape. Near the center, a Noctowl was flyiing across the landscape, making it's way home to sleep for the day.

He watched the rest of the sunrise with is camera down. The wind was blowing from behind him, howling at a medium speed. His scarf was blowing in front of him and a smile crossed his face. He had always enjoyed watching the sunrise. But this was the first time in the spot that it had been without his father. And although it was nice, it didn't have the same magic that it has when you watch it with someone else.

When the starly, starvia and staraptor started to chirp and fly around, he climbed back down from the cliff. He countinued walking for a few minutes until he finally reached a clearing in the mountain that had a shrine and pillar in the center, down in a hole, leading to a cave. There were a few buildings around the opening. He spotted the Poke Center, but before he could start heading toward it, he heard a yell.

"Help! That thing is trying to kill me!"

Iruko spotted a somewhat small, pale and thin girl wearing mostly gray and black and she had blue eyes and black hair riding a Scyther into town.

"Well.... Not something you see all the time... At least not here...." Iruko said as he ran toward he girl.

He spotted the Ursaring charging into town. He knew the town wasn't a place for a battle. Nor did he want to cause a commotion with it being so early... well it was probably too late for that. He also didn't want to hurt the Urasaring. Iruko knew that Ursaring usually were violent unless its cub was around or you were far too close. And they definitely wouldn't chase someone into town. He reached for his poke ball with Hoothoot.

"Sorry Hoothoot! But come out and use Hypnosis on that Ursaring! Calm it down so we can figure out what's wrong with it!" Iruko commanded.

With not a second late, Iruko let Hoothoot out and the small owl pokemon flew quickly toward the rampaging bear. The bear slowed down until it was almost to Hoothoot where it came to a complete stop and fell just a few inches from Hoothoot. It was asleep. Iruko ran over to Hoothoot and the Ursaring.

"Hoothoot, thank you. We can speak more once you are rested." Iruko announced.

The Hoothoot fell on its tail feathers and nodded as it was returned. Iruko then walked over to the Ursaring to make sure it wasn't hurt, laying a hand on its head.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Vince Caroo - Day 3 - Commotion!...and some Trainers!​

Pokemon/Inventory:
    Spoiler:

The PokeBall clicked shut and locked. "Alright! We caught a Kecleon!" Vince smiled from ear to ear. "Let's see, I'm going to name you Kiara. Kiara the Kecleon" Vince smiled at his alliteration. "Conratulations, you and that Pokemon clearly have a bond even if it is early on" Nurse Joy said as she walked back over. "Thanks, I can't wait to strengthen that bond and become the best I can be with Kiara." Vince said determined. Nurse Joy smiled "Anywho, if you need a place to stay the night, we have a few rooms available for Trainers." she said charmingly. "Alright I'll keep that in mind" Vince said as he looked at his Pokeball a little more, excited for the adventures he knew he would have with Kecleon.

Vince had decided to spend the night at the Pokemon Center in one of their room that they offered. He went to bed early and couldn't wait to sleep in til noon the next day. He layed in bed and covered himself up with the covers. "Night Scooter" He said to his Buizel. Buizel looked at him sadly though, like it wanted something. "Oh fine" Vince said as patted the bed, "Come on up." Buizel smiled and jumped up and curled up by the end of the bed and immediately fell asleep. Vince smiled "Typical..."he said as he turned over on his side and went to sleep.

Vince was soon awoken by some yelling "Help! That thing is trying to kill me!" Vince jolted awake quickly to that, not one of the heavy sleeper variety but rather of the any not normal sound in the night wakes him up variety. This situation definitely fell under the not normal sounds one would hear in the night. Vince quickly jumped out of bed and ran to the window. It had to be only 7:30 in the morning, not his ideal wake up time. He could see a girl with a suitcase and a Fletchling on a Scyther running but from what? Soon out of the fog a looming figure appeared. "What is that?" Vince thought, as he pulled his Pokedex out and aimed it at the figure as it came into view. "Ursaring. The Hibernator Pokemon. In the forests inhabited by Ursaring, it is said that there are many streams and towering trees where they gather food. This Pokémon walks through its forest gathering food every day." The little red machine said in its typical robotic voice. "Hmmm, long way from the forest I'd say" Vince questioned "Little strange to me, something must be up. Especially if its chasing that girl. Lets check it out Scooter!" Vince grabbed his water droplet locket and ran out of the room and outside, Buizel right behind him.

Vince and Buizel reached the doors and noticed a very wet girl with large boots on the one of the couches. "Hope she's okay, don't need any more issues in this small town" Vince thought as he ran out only to see the Ursaring passed out on the ground. He noticed another boy, slightly younger than him it looked and wearing a lot of green and glasses, recalling a HootHoot. "Must've used Hypnosis" Vince thought, "Well he seems to have the Pokemon under control, I guess i should go back inside, maybe check on that girl and grab some of that complimentary breakfast." Vince turned around and walked back in and kneeled next to the girl. "She is sopping wet, what should we do?" Vince looked at his Buizel who gave a very unhelpful shrug of its shoulders. "Can't use water attacks, don't want to make her more wet but everything else would really hurt her, guess that's the only way." Vince decided, "Come on out Bruno and use water gun, but not too hard okay?" Vince asked, clicking open the Pokeball. The Barboach appeared from the bright light and aimed a soft water at the blonde girl's face, hitting her square in the face. This continued for several minutes before finally Vince could see some movement in the girl and commanded his Pokemon to stop "Well let's see how she is" as he sat down and waited for the reaction.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • BtOieco.gif
    246.gif
    ---
    532.gif
    A Meeting Long Overdue

Celestic Town

"Got 'eeeeeeem!" Drake shouted out uncharacteristically as the ball ceased moving. He walked over and picked up the ball. "I'm gonna call you Timmie." He whispered as he put the ball in his fanny pack and after withdrawing Larvitar placed him in there too.

Drake looked behind and in front of him, ensuring there'd be no more interference in the short journey left that he had before he was home. After making sure both ways were clear, he picked up his new merchandise and tip-toed stealthily past the unconscious officer. Best not to wake him and deal with that whole mess.

Drake made the rest of the journey in solitude. He read over the backs of one of the dvds on the way to build his excitement. A group of kids were making a fuss a little ways from him but he paid them no mind. All he could think of was Sailor Gardevoir. He fumbled with his keys as his mind raced with all the possibilities that the next day or so could hold. He didn't even notice the figure coming up behind him, and as it tapped on his shoulder he nearly jumped out of his skin.

"Um, I'm sorry... Sir? Would you mind coming with me for a couple of minutes? I just... I need to ask you something..." A young girl dressed as a Noibat stood in front of him, and as he regained his composure he recognized her as the town's gym leader.

He wasn't used to this kind of behavior. He'd been watching Tiamat and had an anonymous online fan club for her and everything. She never did anything like this. She hardly ever even left the gym unless Drasna came to town or if there was trouble afoot. "Uh, s-sure. Would you mind letting me put my things inside first?"

Tiamat shook her head. "S-sorry. It won't take long. I promise. The girl blushed and then ran back to the comfort of her gym. "I'll be waiting!" she called over her shoulder.

Drake opened the door to his house and dropped the bags inside and then locked the door again. He sighed as he walked around the side of his house and looked at the entrance to the gym which was literally right behind it. Tiamat's ears peeked out from one of the windows in the front as she waited for her guest to arrive.Drake shook his head and walked into the building.

"So... uh, some of the people around town have been talking about you. It started with that Larvitar, and then how you know... you leave every day and come back with bags of stuff but then don't leave again... some of the elders have said that you don't even eat and everyone's kind of weary of you... they told me that you should... you should be asked to leave the town."

Drake blinked a couple of times. He had only just come through the door and this little girl was hitting him with this bombshell. "So everyone in town thinks that I should leave?"

Tiamat shifted her weight from side to side and coughed cutely. "Sorry sir. I know you've not caused any trouble... but people don't think that you're good for the image... If someone else lived with you then everything would be fine, but since you live alone and don't have any other family here they're just... I'm sorry... But I've got an idea."

"Well let's hear it then. I don't really want to leave. I've got it good here. There's not really much fighting on the routes in or out of town either way and the house is in a nice position so I'd rather not give it up." Drake stared at the girl, his eyes boring holes straight through her.

"B-battle me." She bowed her head. "If you battle me and can defeat me, then you can leave town without everyone feeling like they've won. Then your house will still be here and will still be yours. If you leave on a journey to get more badges after you take mine then they'll think better of you! I promise! Just please give it a chance! It's the only other option."

"Well, I guess if it's the only other option... and if I get to keep all of my stuff and can come back every now and then I suppose it won't be too big of a hassle. Sure. Let's have a battle." Drake pulled Landon's ball from his fanny pack and clicked it, readying to release the pokemon.

Tiamat took a step back and waved her arms violently in front of her. "Not yet! I'm sorry, but I know you only just caught that Timburr. It's still injured so it wouldn't be a fair fight. Please go take care of your partners first and then we can battle. And I promise you everything will work out." The girl bowed her head again.

Drake stared at her for a few seconds and then looked back down to the pokeball which held Timmie. "Nah, I'm fine. I'll just give it some berries. He'll work it out. I didn't throw him that hard. So let's get this over with so that I can go back home."

Years

• CELESTIC TOWN

Lauryl Caster
    Pokemon:
    Eevee_shiny_DP_game.png
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Dream
    Spoiler:
    Sequence

With a startled jerk of her body, and incomprehensible half-sleeptalk Lauryl was again met with reality. It was already early morning from what the lighting outside would suggest, though the more pressing matter on her mind was the brown haired individual sitting beside her. He had a pair of Water-type Pokemon with him obviously a trainer, he could even be a specialist. Judging by his demeanor he was acting more as an alarm clock, or maybe one of his Pokemon just got bored, though that seemed unlikely. Sniffling her nose involuntarily using a towel to dry off her wet face, along with the device on her right temple. While simultaneously dispenseing her eyes of the sleep that plagued them. Luckily the towel was more of the beach variety, almost a small blanket, giving the girl time to realize it was the only cover outside her underwear.

Looking back to the stranger at her side, now with cleared vision, Lauryl noticed something vaguely familiar about him. 'A passerby from Solaceon? No. Wait! Definitely from Solaceon Town!' Lauryl pondered how strange the fact was that they never actually met though, even if by coincidence, however she undoubtedly seen him before. Casting aside any signs of embarrassment Lauryl finished drying herself the best she could before reaching for her now barely somewhat dry hoodie, and in delayed thought of other, proceeded in attempt to quickly put it on. Standing up to finish pulling the bottom of her shirt down, she realized she hadn't yet truly acknowledged the boy.

"Oh! Hey uh, thanks for the wake up call I guess, haha." Lauryl laughed innocently between another sniffle of her nose. She enthusiastically turned to face him her mismatched eyes now respectably on his grayish blues, as she proceeded an introduction, pointing to herself with her thumb. "Name's Lauryl Caster! Not that you asked, but I'm told it's polite to give out your own name before asking someone else's. So if ya don't mind my asking, what do they call you?" She inquired holding out her same hand in gesture of pointing rather than the shaking of hands, unaware of the passing events outside the Center.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • BtOieco.gif
    246.gif
    ---
    532.gif
    The First Of Many

Celestic Town - Gym

"Alright then... but just because I forced you into this, don't think I'll take it easy on you."

The girl jumped back, floating to the other side of the room. She pressed a button on the wall and then ceiling of the gym spread open.

"Why do you have the roof open? I don't have any flying types." Drake questioned.

"No, but I do. And I told you, I'm not going to take it easy on you." As she said this, a Noibat flew out from behind her and rested on the ground.

Drake threw out the ball that contained Landon. If she was planning something then he needed to lead with his strongest first. "Go Landon. Don't hold anything back." As the Pokemon appeared, the ball returned to Drake's hand and at the same time he released Timmie to the ground next to him. "If he fails, you need to know what to expect because you'll be going in after." The Timburr nodded in understanding and raised its shades to better watch the action.

"Are you ready now? I still think you really should have gone to heal your friends."

"We're fine. Let's go."

Tiamat nodded. "Noibat fly up out of Larvitar's range."

"What are you doing?"

Tiamat stared at Drake. "I told you I'm not going to hold back. And that means not playing completely fair."

The Noibat glowed lightly and as it did a slight breeze was felt pushing against Drake and Landon. This happened two more times until the slight breeze became a powerful gale that Drake and Landon were struggling to not be moved by.

"Noibat, use Steel Wing." Tiamat said flatly. The pokemon rushed down like a bullet and struck its wing against Landon, knocking him over with the force.

"L-lar." The Larvitar shook as it rose to its feet. Timmie flexed his muscles and shouted out something encouraging. Landon looked over his shoulder and nodded. "Larvitar." The Pokemon started to shake violently and then was shrouded in a powerful sandstorm which consumed the entire room.

Noibat floated around, trying to find the opponent but the sandstorm was blocking its hearing and sight. "Noi?" It called back to Tiamat.

"Don't give up! They're out there so- watch out Noibat!"

Just as the pokemon turned to listen to its trainer, a barrage of boulders were on top of it. The pokemon swiftly dodged the first three, but was hit by the third and thrown to the ground. The Pokemon struggled to get up but then found itself being bitten down hard on by Larvitar.

"Noibat no!" Tiamat called out.

"N-Noi bat."

The pokemon began glowing a beautiful green color. Landon's eyes widened and it bit down harder on the pokemon trying to knock it out before it could release its attack. But it wasn't enough. Just as Noibat was about to pass out, it released a powerful Solarbeam at point blank range causing an explosion that sent both pokemon flying to the walls of their respective trainer's walls. Both were knocked out from the damage.

Tiamat rushed over to her downed pokemon and cradled it in her arms. "Are you alright Noibat?" The pokemon's eyes opened and nibbled lightly on her lip. "No, no it's alright. You did your best. Have a good rest." The leader returned the pokemon to its ball and then turned back to face Drake.

As the sandstorm cleared, Drake walked over to Landon. He looked down at the still knocked out pokemon and shook his head. He pulled out the ball and returned the pokemon. "Look's like it's up to you Timmie." Drake turned back to the arena to see that the Timburr was already in the arena and ready to fight.

Tiamat smiled lightly. "I'm glad you were able to beat Noibat. But this is where the fight gets serious." She pulled another pokeball out of her pocket. The ball was special, covered in cuts and claw marks. "This was my first pokemon when I started out as a trainer. Our bond is unbreakable, and his power undeniable! Go, Druddigon!"

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton - Route 210 - And Onwards to Celestic!​

(Themes: Route 210
    Eterna/Celestic Town Theme)
    Gelius finally got it. The Lotad did not come out. "Yes! I caught a Pokemon by myself." He said. That was one step closer to beat his brother's Record, and reach the Pokemon League. He picked the Poke Ball, and sent out the Lotad. "Now... What to nickname you?" Gelius thought. He stood there for a while. Once his brain got an idea, he grabbed the little Lotad. "That's it! Sombrero! Sombrero the Lotad. You are lucky to join us." Gelius said. Sneasel glanced at the Lotad. The Lotad then tries to hide behind Gelius' leg. "Guess you are scared. Why won't yo have a rest until we reach Celestic Town?" Gelius said, and retrieved his newly caught Pokemon.

Sneasel climbs on Gelius to reach his shoulder, and then the duo walked. On the way, more trainer caught Pokemon, fought trainers or even were camping. Then he looked to the right, watching the waterfalls and their beauty. "Man... This is the best way to start." Gelius said, now that his real journey started... Reaching Celestic Town through the mist is not easy, but it's possible.

He saw Magikarp and other water Pokemon, jumping out of the water and going back in. Nice View for a postcard, that was if he even had one. Gelius crossed the bridge, and finally reaches to the entrance of a town.

"The Past Lives". It was a description on the Sign.

"Well, welcome to Old People Town. Population: Old People." Gelius said. Sneasel looked at him with a annoyed face. "Ah come on. You know i was just joking Sneasel." He said. He walked towards the Pokemon Center, and gave his Pokemon for Nurse Joy to heal. Once she was done, Gelius and Sneasel sit at the lounge. and let Lotad come out. Gelius took out 2 bowls for Pokemon, since he carried 6 in case if he had a full team. He puts Pokemon Food on them. and takes out a Sandwich. "After this, we have to go to a Poke Mart, and get supplies and Pokemon Food." He said, and went back to eat his meal.

Years
  • Amari Alden - A Hero Emerges... An Inconvenience.
    Aged 15 | Female | From Veilstone City

xgytI7Z.png

Spoiler: Team
    239.png
    Buzz (M) (Vital Spirit) - Thundershock |Thunder Wave | Low Kick | Quick Attack | - | -

Amari continued her walk through the now extremely thick fog of Route 210 as she made her way in the direction – or at least what she hoped was the direction – of Celestic Town. Ever the stoic, her Elekid lead the way in near silence making noises only when responding to comments made by Amari.

"I feel like I've been walking forever" Amari commented to Buzz, the Elekid grunting a response which probably meant something a lot like "You haven't been. Now don't complain because you wanted this journey." Somehow getting the point, Amari responded to electric pokemon with a sigh
    "Yeah… you're right. It's probably just because of this fog, I can hardly see a thing."

At that moment, as though to illustrate her point, Amari's foot collided with something causing her to stumble forward and fall flat on her face. Amari remained there for a few seconds, before gathering herself and pushing herself into a sitting position to see what she had fallen over. At first, Amari couldn't see anything particularly noticeable but even as Buzz made a noise of recognition, she finally recognised the small, pink body of a Happiny… a Happiny whose usually cute face was marred by a look of pure outrage.

Amari blinked at the small, pink pokemon
    "Ah… sorry… I didn't see – AH" the young trainer's apology was interrupted by the Happiny suddenly launching forward towards her in attempt to deliver a Pound attack to her face. She was saved however, by Buzz rushing forward at a high speed and ramming into the pink pokemon. The Elekid turned to Amari and rolled its eyes before gesturing at the Happiny as if to say "really, that made you scream?"

Whilst Buzz was distracted, the Happiny made another lunge for the electric type, howevere it was quickly knocked back with another Quick Attack.
    "Let's try a Thunder Shock this time" Amari said "I kinda like the feisty little guy." Buzz was not quite as thrilled at the prospect of travelling with grumpy Happiny, but at least his trainer was giving commands now. Electricity crackled between Buzz's plug-like ears before streaming forwards towards the Happiny, shocking the normal-type and sending it flying back into the fog. For a second Amari was left to wonder if her target had simply run off under the cover of the heavy mist her suspicion was quickly proven unfounded though as the Happiny once again hurtled out of the fog, this time successfully delivering a Pound to Buzz's face, sending him stumbling back a few paces. It was clear though that the Happiny, despite its spunk, was actually quite weak as its attack did very little even to the unevolved and barely-trained Buzz
    "Right… Low Kick!" Amari commanded, Buzz running forward, catching the Happiny by surprise when he dropped into a half crouch and delivered a sharp kick to its lower body, sending it careening into a tree. "Let's finish it up with a Thunder Shock!"

At Amari's instruction, the electrical charge once again crackled to life between Buzz's ears before flying towards the Happiny, shocking the pokemon until it fainted at the base of the tree it had hit before.
    "Alright, time for my first catch!" Amari exclaimed, reaching into her bag and pulling out an empty pokeball. She never got to throw it though, a sudden blow to her head sending her to her knees. Her vision blurred for a moment, however it was soon enough that she could see properly once again… just catching the Happiny scurrying off into the fog. Amari turned around to see the source of her new headache, a brown bird pokemon gesturing what looked like a leak at her, the vegetable being brandished like a sword.​

Back