• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    New one I found. Whenever changing the music via the "Change Battle BGM" option when creating an event, the trainers and wild Pokemon lose their victory theme. This did not happen in older versions and I'm not sure why it happens here.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2021
    this problem happened to me when i tried to challenge the battle tower. what should i do?

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1]
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 4 (coords 16,3), map 55 (Battle Tower):
    Exception: NameError
    Message: PBattle_OrgBattle:489:in `start'undefined local variable or method `t' for #<BattleChallenge:0xd6886d0>

***Full script:
    pbBattleChallenge.start(0,7)

Backtrace:
    Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1458:in `eval'
    Interpreter:1458:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:359:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:155:in `update'
    Interpreter:102:in `loop'
    Interpreter:158:in `update'
    Scene_Map:162:in `update'

Backtrace:
    Interpreter:246:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Scene_Map:160:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:169:in `update'
    Scene_Map:229:in `main'

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I tested battle bond and after battle Greninja's hp is wrong (can be about Zygarde that stores hp before change its form but you putted to store totalhp and hp inside 'def pbChangePokemon' anyway):

P.S: I used pbAddPokemonSilent with EV, IV, Nature and moveset changed. If I just use pbAddPokemon and change its stats and stuffs by using Debug from Party Screen, it isn't happen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Two big issues I'm having here. When I evolve a pokemon it loses its nickname. Also, the Lycanroc forms don't work properly. When I evolve one at a certain time it will become that form, but if I evolve another at a different time, it becomes the same form as the first one.

Years
  • The second turn of the move Geomancy doesn't seem to function. You can use the move continuously which means the stats do not get boosted so you never reach +6 to get the "stats won't go any higher!" message.
    Attacks do the same amount of damage after using Geomancy as they do before using the move.

Could pbAttackingTurnEffect not be called properly since the second turn does not deal damage or select a target like the other moves that call this method such as Shadow Force or SkyDrop?

Years
  • My Pokemon used dig and was under ground, Mew used Metronome and it turned into Sky Drop. Mew processed to take my Pokemon into the air despite it being under ground. v18.1.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Double wild battle and an opponent using Double Team more than 2 times. Next time that it tried to use the same move, after message "({1} used Double Team!)", I get this error about 'Message: stack level too deep':
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    hi there,
    I was trying to use the battle tower in my project and an error kept popping up as soon as i select the ruleset.

I tested this in a blank, default essentials project and the error still shows up

The error log is as followed:

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1]
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 3 (coords 2,3), map 55 (Battle Tower):
    Exception: NameError
    Message: PBattle_OrgBattle:489:in `start'undefined local variable or method `t' for #<BattleChallenge:0xe89a5d0>

***Full script:
    pbBattleChallenge.start(0,7)

Backtrace:
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1458:in `eval'

Backtrace:
    Interpreter:246:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Scene_Map:160:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:169:in `update'
    Scene_Map:229:in `main'

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Hi everyone!
    I got this error when I try to open the Pokédex when I have both Kanto dex and National dex (with only the Kanto dex there aren't errors).
    I never touch the Pokédex scripts and I don't know why there is this error, any help please?
    Thanks.

Years
  • I was trying to make a basic event where the player gets the Exclaim bubble over their head, but I found a new bug with the field animations. They seem to work fine when called by a script (such as pbNoticePlayer to make Trainers do the Exclaim animation when they see you), however they don't work properly when simply using "Show Animation" in an event. They'll play the sound effects but only show a couple frames of animation. Tried playing around with the scripts to make a fix, but I couldn't come up with anything. Did lots of testing and any animations within an event have this issue regardless of length. Anyone else have the same problem?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi everyone!
    I got this error when I try to open the Pokédex when I have both Kanto dex and National dex (with only the Kanto dex there aren't errors).
    I never touch the Pokédex scripts and I don't know why there is this error, any help please?
    Thanks.
    View attachment 95470

If you were editing your pokemon.txt PBS file in any way, then did you also delete your save and start a new one before testing?

I was trying to make a basic event where the player gets the Exclaim bubble over their head, but I found a new bug with the field animations. They seem to work fine when called by a script (such as pbNoticePlayer to make Trainers do the Exclaim animation when they see you), however they don't work properly when simply using "Show Animation" in an event. They'll play the sound effects but only show a couple frames of animation. Tried playing around with the scripts to make a fix, but I couldn't come up with anything. Did lots of testing and any animations within an event have this issue regardless of length. Anyone else have the same problem?

This has been fixed in the GitHub version: https://github.com/Maruno17/pokemon-essentials/

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2022
    Hey.
    I got a problem with Trainer/Wild Battles.

When one Pokémon faints it wont let the other trainer take out a new one. It just loops and loops saying "but there was no target", I didn't have this problem some days ago and I haven't done anything new at all so I don't really know why this shows up now. I've tried Google but haven't found anything.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

RatRunner48

Main Gardefender
    Years
  • Hey.
    I got a problem with Trainer/Wild Battles.

When one Pokémon faints it wont let the other trainer take out a new one. It just loops and loops saying "but there was no target", I didn't have this problem some days ago and I haven't done anything new at all so I don't really know why this shows up now. I've tried Google but haven't found anything.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have a backup for that?

Years
    • Seen today
    I get this error in i stalled the ebdx and zud plug in
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/isvkfnZrWZtvKJoM6
    Can you solve it

1) This is not the right thread to be asking this question. This is for reporting bugs in UNMODIFIED Pokemon Essentials 18.1.

2) Do not spam threads with multiple posts with the same question.

3) I already told you the scripts are incompatible, there is nothing to "solve". They just dont work together.

4) Please do not bother Maruno to solve issues youre having with scripts he has nothing to do with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2022
    Do you have a backup for that?

Sorry for the late response! I solved it with a fresh Essentials download, put all the Maps and stuff in there and reinstalled all the scripts. Prob not the best way to do it but it works now atleast.

Years
  • I started to try the V19, and it contains a problem. When my level 5 Charmander levels up and learns a new move, it automatically deletes the first move.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I Don't think It's Going To be Working On Android (joiplay) because it gives this error RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay

Script '016' line Deprecation: SyntaxError occured.

compile error 016:Deprecation:33: syntax error, unexpected ':',

expecting ')' ...e, aliased_method, removal_in: nil, class_method: false)

A

016:Deprecation:33: Can't assign to nil ...iased_method, removal_in: nil, class_method:

OK
    and When I Edit the Game And Start Playing Using the rpgmaker It Says
    Project creation failed.
    Attachments
    Screenshot_20210429-181045.png

Years
  • I'm using RPG Maker XP on Windows XP (32bit). Since Pokemon Essentials v19 updated several files (including game.exe) to move from RGSS to the newer and faster mkxp, game.exe is not a valid Win32 application for Windows XP anymore. Hence, I cannot start playtesting in Pokemon Essentials v19; pressing on the green start button will give the error message "Failed to create Process".

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • So... this happens whenever I try to edit a tileset terrain tag and save it with default Essentials v19...

[p.s. I afterward tested the GitHub branch and it still gives the same error.]

Back