• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    i saw the moves that gallade can learn in HG/SS and came

anyways does this look like a good moveset for Gallade

Gallade
    Jolly/Adamant
    4HP/252Atk/252 Speed
    Pain Split
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Will O Wisp

Id say add more bulk to this i.e more HP. Buy yeah W-O-W Gallade is pretty cool as no one expects it and it really massacres the usual fighting resists lol.

@ Dragonite set; it NEEDS Life Orb or you wont be killing anything. Who cares about accuracy ? Dragon Rush <<<<Draco Meteor anyway so only Fire Blast is inaccurate on that, not enough of a case for such a meh item imo.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Angelroid, here you go:
    Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    Nature: Rash
    EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Eruption
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Hidden Power [Rock/Grass]

Crobat @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Heat Wave
    ~ Hidden Power [Ground/Fighting]

Seaking @ Choice Band
    Trait: Water Veil / Swift Swim *use any*
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Return / Double-Edge

Espeon @ Life Orb
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    Moveset:
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Signal Beam / Shadow Ball
    ~ Hidden Power [Ground/Fighting]

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Explosion / Magnet Rise
    ~ Hidden Power [Grass / Fire]

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Trait: Rock Head
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Swords Dance / Double-Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge / Double Edge (obviously you're gonna use Stone Edge here if you used Double-Edge in slot 1)
    ~ Fire Punch.

Hope I helped :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Final Version of my 2 pokemon:

Feraligatr

Ice Fang
    Aqua Tail
    ?
    ?

Tyranitar

Payback
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Ice or fire punch

dont tell me some junk about things working in game, give me some help and advice

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Hi, just a really quick question. I have an OU Wall Weezing, and his current moveset is so:

-Pain Split
    -Explosion
    -?
    -?

I have 3 moves for these 2 slots: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb. Flamethrower's good for Scizor and other Steel-Types that Weezing would be walling, Thunderbolt has good coverage, and Sludge Bomb has STAB. Which two should I pick?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Hi, just a really quick question. I have an OU Wall Weezing, and his current moveset is so:

-Pain Split
    -Explosion
    -?
    -?

I have 3 moves for these 2 slots: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb. Flamethrower's good for Scizor and other Steel-Types that Weezing would be walling, Thunderbolt has good coverage, and Sludge Bomb has STAB. Which two should I pick?

If its OU, use Flamethrower + T-Bolt, if its UU, use Flamethrower + Sludge Bomb

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    pain spit + explosion is retarded.

If you are using Pain Split, use Will-o-Wisp >> Boom and do what gamer said.

Offensive, use T-Bolt over Pain Split and use Flamethrower and sludge bomb.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Come to think of it, Explosion IS pretty retarded... Will-o'-Wisp is much better, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2011
    Hi, I have a question. Does EXP. Share work with Macho Brace?

For example, I have a Gyarados with a Macho Brace, and an Eevee with EXP. Share.
    Gyarados kills a wild Rattata and gets 1 Speed EV. Macho Brace multiplies it by 2, giving Gyarados 2 Speed EVs.
    From this, does Eevee get 2 Speed EVs as well?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I wanna play theorymon.
    So, since the new Pikachu's are set to make super Raichu, I'd thought of making a set.

Raichu @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - HP Ice
    - Grass Knot

Would this work?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Pikachu (IMO) is kinda better than Raichu if you Baton Pass it some speed, due to Light Ball.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    ^ no...

Anyway, Raichu is more powerful than Pikachu with a Life Orb so yeah just use Rai.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I want to use a Bronzong in my team.
    What will be the best EV for him?
    I will like him with dual screen and maybe steealth rock.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I'm looking to add an Arcanine to my team, and need help on how to obtain the moveset I want.
    I'm going for a Jolly Arcanine with the moves:
    Flare Blitz
    Extremespeed
    Thunder Fang
    Iron Head

I'm a newbie breeder, so idk how to get this moveset. I know Growlithe learns Flare Blitz at 48, but Arcanine learns Extremespeed at 39. Thunder Fang is learnt by Arcanine at level...0? So move tutor? Also, move tutor for Iron Head. But how the hell can I get Flare Blitz + Extremespeed? I'm sure it has something to do with egg breeding, right? ;D

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • @insititutions: Hmmm... I think I know a mighty way...might not work but worth a try ... Level up a Growlithe to level 48 to teach it Flare Blitz. Evolve it then use the move relearner to get Extreme Speed! It goes for Thunder Fang aswell to use move tutor.

Annnnnddd my question!
    Been thinking of a good lead. Is the Aerodactyl lead (The one on smogon) good for OU battles/tournements/war's.? If not can anyone reccomend anything that is faaast enough to Stealth Rock or Taunt first turn?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm looking to add an Arcanine to my team, and need help on how to obtain the moveset I want.
    I'm going for a Jolly Arcanine with the moves:
    Flare Blitz
    Extremespeed
    Thunder Fang
    Iron Head

I'm a newbie breeder, so idk how to get this moveset. I know Growlithe learns Flare Blitz at 48, but Arcanine learns Extremespeed at 39. Thunder Fang is learnt by Arcanine at level...0? So move tutor? Also, move tutor for Iron Head. But how the hell can I get Flare Blitz + Extremespeed? I'm sure it has something to do with egg breeding, right? ;D

You'll have to teach Growlithe Flare Blitz at level 48, then teach Arcanine Thunder Fang and Extremespeed through Heart Scales. Depending on your game, you would have to do that either in Pastoria City or Blackthorn City. As for Iron Head, that needs to be tutored on.

@insititutions: Hmmm... I think I know a mighty way...might not work but worth a try ... Level up a Growlithe to level 48 to teach it Flare Blitz. Evolve it then use the move relearner to get Extreme Speed! It goes for Thunder Fang aswell to use move tutor.

Annnnnddd my question!
    Been thinking of a good lead. Is the Aerodactyl lead (The one on smogon) good for OU battles/tournements/war's.? If not can anyone reccomend anything that is faaast enough to Stealth Rock or Taunt first turn?
    Suicide loeads are what you're talking about. There are a few that work well. The best ones are Aerodactyl and Azelf, but I guess Infernape works too.

@ Focus Sash
    Nature: Naive/Hasty
    EVs: 252 SpA / 192 Spe / 64 Atk
    - Fake Out
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Close Combat

@ Focus Sash
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

@ Focus Sash
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic/Flamethrower
    - Explosion

All sets are fast and can set up Stealth Rock, but with a little difference.

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
  • Eh. I was wondering about help with a team. My current team right now consists of
    Heatran @Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire | Naive | 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Dragon Pulse/Hidden Power Ice
    (He replaced my Choice Band Jolly Arcanine, although I'm going with Arcanine until I can find a Heatran with the right nature... Any idea how to make sure I get a Naive one or is it up to luck x:?)

Lucario @Life Orb
    Inner Focus | Adamant | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ ExtremeSpeed
    ~ Crunch
    (My first Physi-cario. I have two special-carios already ^^)
    OR
    Lucario @ Wise Specs/Choice Specs
    Timid 252 Spe/4HP/252 SpA
    Aura Sphere
    Psychic
    Dark Pulse
    Water Pulse (For fire/ground types. I use it in the battle hall singles alot so... yeah. ^^)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Timid / Serene Grace/ 252 HP/ 80SpA/ 176 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Substitute
    Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon/Other?
    Psychic
    (My favortie Pokemon<3)

Tentacruel (item unknown)
    Calm 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
    ~Toxic Spikes
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~Sludge Bomb/????
    ~Surf
    (I might want to change it... I unno. I like the Toxic Spiking)

Miltank is my fer sure Curse/Heal Bell. With a Scrappy ability it can hit Ghost types, too. I was thinking
    ~Milk Drink
    ~Curse
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Body Slam
    But not sure the items or nature for it... I've looked on Serebii and Smogon but... I know Snorlax is a better Curser but I want the Heal Bell support at the same time, y'know? Plus it's my third favorite Pokemon! (Jirachi my first and Lucario my second.)

And my last I'm at a loss. I was thinking Scizor, but then I have 4 Steel Types. I'm too ground weak, with 4 steel types and a poison type, right? So I might want a Starmie, or a grass type of some sort (Breloom or Roserade? Maybe a Baton-passing Leafeon<3). I was thinking Starmie cuz it can have Ice- Water- and Electric-type attacks. I'm not so sure, though... Any suggestions would be much appreciated ^^

Years
  • Nood question: everyone uses rapid spin in competitive battles, but no one uses defog that has the same effect.

I was wondering what's worse about it? :\

Nood question: everyone uses rapid spin in competitive battles, but no one uses defog that has the same effect.

I was wondering what's worse about it? :\

I'm going to assume it's the fact that rapid spin actually does damage, which I should have realized before posting...:paranoid:

Last edited:
    Back