• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    With 110 base Special Attack and access to Nasty Plot, it's best used as an NP sweeper. The best natures to use for such a set are Timid (preferrably) or Modest.

Nasty Plot/Flamethrower/Dark Pulse/Filler (any special attack you prefer, really) is your best set for using this.

Hope I helped. :)

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    40 HP/252 Special Attack/216 Speed is the way to go.

Easily accessible from the Lost Tower south of Solaceon. Gastly gives the Special Attack, Zubat gives the Speed.

For HP, just kill Bidoof. They're everywhere, lulz.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    No problem. Happy to help.

Funny enough, I'm trying to work on guides for EV training, nature decisions, and other guides to help people who ask questions like this. So far, I have the natures guide down, but not sure where the best place to post it would be...

Plus, I'd rather do a video of it, as visuals usually help. :P

MurdaRisk

Ninja Assassin
    Years
    No problem. Happy to help.

Funny enough, I'm trying to work on guides for EV training, nature decisions, and other guides to help people who ask questions like this. So far, I have the natures guide down, but not sure where the best place to post it would be...

Plus, I'd rather do a video of it, as visuals usually help. :P

Visuals do help a lot. What you are working on is exactly what i need. Also what has been slightly an issue is a printable guide. I was able to copy a few charts and align them, but it would be awesome if someone made one printable.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I need a lead set for my metagross, I just need to find a good EV spread.

I was thinking this (EV's might need tweaking)

@leftovers
    Adamant
    252HP, 108 Att, 150 Sp Def
    Stealth rock
    Explosion
    Earthquake
    Ice punch

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Modest
    70 HP/252 SpA/188 Def
    Substitute
    Fake Tears
    Surf/Hydro Pump
    Wish

At first, it seems like a gimmick, and that's not really far from the truth (sadly) but it has some merit. Fake Tears is only really utilized by Glaceon and Jolteon, however, Vaporeon has a few points that differ herself from those two. Mainly, her gargantuan HP. A mere 12 HP EVs let her come to the magic number of 404; meaning Blissey cannot break her Substitutes. Max SpA and Modest is reccomended for a high rate of beating things like TTar, Blissey, etc...Mono-water may seem a little off-putting, but if you can eliminate your opponents water-absorbers, Vappy can cause a serious hurt.

Surf vs. Max HP/Max SpD Regirock (In SS) (-2): 75.82%-89.56%
    Surf vs. 184 HP/0 SpD Tyranitar (In SS) (-2): 99.22%-116.80%
    Surf vs. 0 HP/176 SpD Blissey (-6): 54.07%-63.75%

While Surf is more reliable, Hydro Pump has a noticable higher damage output:

Hydro Pump vs. Max HP/4 SpD Regice (-2): 56.87%-67.03%
    Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP/176 SpD Blissey (-4): 36.10%-42.55%

Last edited:
    Years

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Modest
    70 HP/252 SpA/188 Def
    Substitute
    Fake Tears
    Surf/Hydro Pump
    Wish

At first, it seems like a gimmick, and that's not really far from the truth (sadly) but it has some merit. Fake Tears is only really utilized by Glaceon and Jolteon, however, Vaporeon has a few points that differ herself from those two. Mainly, her gargantuan HP. A mere 12 HP EVs let her come to the magic number of 404; meaning Blissey cannot break her Substitutes. Max SpA and Modest is reccomended for a high rate of beating things like TTar, Blissey, etc...Mono-water may seem a little off-putting, but if you can eliminate your opponents water-absorbers, Vappy can cause a serious hurt.

Surf vs. Max HP/Max SpD Regirock (In SS) (-2): 75.82%82.42%89.56%
    Surf vs. 184 HP/0 SpD Tyranitar (In SS) (-2): 99.22%106.98%116.80%
    Surf vs. 0 HP/176 SpD Blissey (-6): 54.07%58.53%63.75%

While Surf is more reliable, Hydro Pump has a noticable higher damage output:

Hydro Pump vs. Max HP/4 SpD Regice (-2): 56.87%61.26%67.03%
    Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP/176 SpD Blissey (-4): 36.10%39.17%42.55%

Look, it has some merit, but besides the -2 calculations, it's not really viable, as they can just switch out. Add on the fact that Hydro Pump only has a 64% chance of hitting twice. If you really want to take out Blissey, just run Adamant, Max Atk and Giga Impact...XD Suicune does this so much better with CM. It also has 101 Subs and cannot be rendered useless with a switch. Unless there is a viable reason to use something that's inferior, it's not really worth using it. Sorry.

With 110 base Special Attack and access to Nasty Plot, it's best used as an NP sweeper. The best natures to use for such a set are Timid (preferrably) or Modest.

Nasty Plot/Flamethrower/Dark Pulse/Filler (any special attack you prefer, really) is your best set for using this.

Hope I helped. :)

HP Fighting is the best for that Filler. It can be a pain for in-game, though. Otherwise run Will-o-wisp. It helps set up, but without HP Fighting you are walled by Heatran, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    hey again.i thought that this is a good set for gastrodon

sorry cant give anything but moves

earthpower
    surf
    sludgebomb
    stoneedge

No.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Relaxed | Sticky Hold
    [ 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SAtk ]
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Recover

Lax is a poor nature in general.

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Adamant | Rock Head
    [ 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd ]
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Fire Punch

Fire Punch should be available from the Pt Tutors, IIRC. Pass this puppy some speed, it functions better.

D_A said:
    Lax is horrid, use Archers set with the Item Thick Club >> leftovers. Double attack stat on marowak is what makes it viable.
    Lol, it was 1am, I was bound to make a mistake somewhere, lol. Fixed. I C&P'd my Gastrodon set and changed everything, probably how I skipped the item.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I need a lead set for my metagross, I just need to find a good EV spread.

I was thinking this (EV's might need tweaking)

@leftovers
    Adamant
    252HP, 108 Att, 150 Sp Def
    Stealth rock
    Explosion
    Earthquake
    Ice punch

Metagross@Lum Berry
    208 HP / 76 Atk / 224 Sp.Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake / Reflect / Explosion
    - Bullet Punch / Reflect / Explosion

Awesome set imo. Evs let you survive a scarf tran fire blast and a Timid specs tran Overheat. Also this serves as a cool check to both Gengar and Deoxys.

Lum Berry i would advise on the item since most sleep inducing leads will poop on you otherwise.

Meteor Mash is NEEDED for STAB and it generally better than Ice Punch. Earhtquake is pretty much for hitting Heatran. Reflect provides some support, whilst Bullet Punch will allow you to get a leg up on suicide leads after negating their sash with Meteor Mash, priority is win regardless. However you can blow up stuffwith it, so the last 2 slots are pretty much up to you.

Look, it has some merit, but besides the -2 calculations, it's not really viable, as they can just switch out. Add on the fact that Hydro Pump only has a 64% chance of hitting twice. If you really want to take out Blissey, just run Adamant, Max Atk and Giga Impact...XD Suicune does this so much better with CM. It also has 101 Subs and cannot be rendered useless with a switch. Unless there is a viable reason to use something that's inferior, it's not really worth using it. Sorry.

I agree with this and im kinda not digging sub, maybe you can use another sp.att so you have better coverage ? Idk...

Can I have a good set for Marowak please? And are there any good movesets with a Lax nature?

Lax is horrid, use Archers set with the Item Thick Club >> leftovers. Double attack stat on marowak is what makes it viable.

hey again.i thought that this is a good set for gastrodon

sorry cant give anything but moves

earthpower
    surf
    sludgebomb
    stoneedge

No....just...no. Please dont give advice if you dont know what your doing, and based on that you clearly dont.

No.

Marowak @ Leftovers
    Adamant | Rock Head
    [ 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd ]
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Fire Punch

Fire Punch should be available from the Pt Tutors, IIRC. Pass this puppy some speed, it functions better.

Leftovers lolwut ? Thick Club >>Leftovers now !

Double Edge >> Swords Dance is useful too. But its up to you.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back