• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    What are some decent users of dual screens for standard environment apart from Bronzong and Deoxys-S?

Ive seen Jirachi do it 0.o.

What would be the set for a Milotic? Something like:
    Milotic@Lefties
    Calm nature
    EVs: 252 HP, ??Sp.Def, ??Sp.Att
    Moves:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hypnosis
    Recover

Milotic@leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.ATT
    Bold Nature
    - Hypnosis / Toxic / Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Hidden power Electric / Ice Beam

Takes hits better from BOTH sides of the spectrum and i more use than sp.wall Milotic being able to counter more.

Years
    1) Snorlax isn't a really good Special Wall in DPPt
    2) No. Blissey's really the only good one.
    Although Tentacruel won't cut it, Snorlax is awesome. Sorry, that's just stupid. He actually has the ability to hurt stuff and Thick Fat means Fire and Ice do half damage.

As for the double-screening request, I believe the new Rotom forms do it well, although they're not an option for Wifi.

Milotic@leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.ATT
    Bold Nature
    - Hypnosis / Toxic / Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Hidden power Electric / Ice Beam

Takes hits better from BOTH sides of the spectrum and i more use than sp.wall Milotic being able to counter more.
    As an option, Marvel Scale makes Milotic rather Physically Bulky with Status, anyway. This make's a ReStalk set very viable...

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for an umbreon for UU? I think a set with mean look and wish is effective but Im not sure...what do you think?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for an umbreon for UU? I think a set with mean look and wish is effective but Im not sure...what do you think?

Well, if you really want to use the metagame weak Pokémon Umbreon, then use this:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP/90 SpD/164 Spe
    ~Mean Look
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Wish
    ~Taunt/Wish/Protect/Toxic. Meh, Close Combat weak, and that's really common.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    so sorry i cant help you there.ill try and get smoe sets
    who would be best for the BT.starmie or gengar
    if you say gengar ill give him this

gengar@expertbelt
    levitate
    modest
    sp.att252/spd252/HP6
    energyball
    shadowball
    focusblast
    thunderbolt

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    What would be the best moveset for a Jolly Garchomp (EV'd Attack & Speed)?

So far, I think these moves would be good (though 1 needs to be eliminated), but I'm not the best at movesets:
    Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Crunch, Earthquake, Sandstorm.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey guys, I'm looking for competitive Pidgeot and Scyther sets. I was considering Salac-Reversal for Scyther, because it's unique, but does anyone else have opinions?

Yeah id only use Salac reversal in uu, since its poop in ou with all the priority and weather flying around.

For OU and in general id probably use Baton pass, SD Life Orb Sweeper or Choice Band or possibly scarf (If you want the sets, just ask).

As for pidgeot ..

Pidgeot@Choice Band *I am outclassed by Staraptor, Dodrio, Fearow and Natu*
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Tangled Feet
    - Return
    - Brave Bird
    - Steel Wing / U-turn
    - Quick Attack / Pursuit

Is what your stuck with.

One may opt for Heat Wave a + attack - def nature and some sp.att evs (or even a Life Orb aswell) so you can at least do something to Steelix since base 70 sp.att is quite usable in the lower tiers. If you have Platinum that is X).

Or

Pidgeot@Leftovers *Zapdos is better than me*
    252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Speed
    Timid / Modest Nature
    Trait : Tangled Feet
    - Hidden power Ground
    - Air Slash
    - Roost
    - Toxic / Feather Dance

"support"

so sorry i cant help you there.ill try and get smoe sets
    who would be best for the BT.starmie or gengar
    if you say gengar ill give him this

gengar@expertbelt
    levitate
    modest
    sp.att252/spd252/HP6
    energyball
    shadowball
    focusblast
    thunderbolt

Timid >> Modest. Hypnosis or HP ice >> Energy suck Ball. Life Orb can be considered too or Wide Lense for Focus Blast + Hypnosis.

What would be the best moveset for a Jolly Garchomp (EV'd Attack & Speed)?

So far, I think these moves would be good (though 1 needs to be eliminated), but I'm not the best at movesets:
    Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Crunch, Earthquake, Sandstorm.

Sandstorm, Crunch, Dragon Rush are garbage. Especially the former, if you want to activate his ability use it in conjunction with Tyranitar or that sand Hippow no one uses any more...hi...Hipp...Hippowdon, that it ! =p.

Fire + dragon + ground should be the basis for ALL OU dragon pokemon sets since they hit everything in the game for at least neutral. Which means together they are un-resisted.

Garchomp@Choice Band
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

Outrage for late game and Dragon Claw for early. This set literally is capable of at least 2hkoing everything in the game =).

OR

Garchomp@Life Orb / Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage / Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

SD Sweeper.

On this set you may use Sub >> Fire Fang and give it Bright Powder as the item. With sandstorm support its scary ( due to sandveil =))

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Defensive roost Zapdos for the definite win. I've been using this set up in my shoddy battles and it's working out beastly.

Zapdos @ leftovers
    Bold
    252HP/252DEF/6SP ATT
    Roost
    Toxic
    Thunderbolt
    Heat Wave

I'm thinking of opting out toxic for something else, since I've used it maybe once or twice. Any suggestions?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Defensive roost Zapdos for the definite win. I've been using this set up in my shoddy battles and it's working out beastly.

Zapdos @ leftovers
    Bold
    252HP/252DEF/6SP ATT
    Roost
    Toxic
    Thunderbolt
    Heat Wave

I'm thinking of opting out toxic for something else, since I've used it maybe once or twice. Any suggestions?

Well Light Screen, Roar and Thunderwave are all usable...

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
    When the SD Yache set is proven to be uncounterable by only 1 Pokemon, I ask you this, why use any other set?

Maybe another set just fits his team better. 6 OUs using the "best" sets doesn't make a team. Synergy should always to be considered. The idea that using an uncounterable or even the "best" set gives you good results is pretty much folly. =/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    SD Chomp takes a turn of set up to be scary and is a late game sweeper and CB Chomp is scary immediately. Its pretty much a mid game poke to wreck stuff and cant sweep due to the move restriction of CB (well it can sweep, but you get what i mean).

Both are un-counterable pretty much so you achieve the same thing anyway lol

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    I want to build a good defensive team. any suggestions? (No legendaries) I want pokes who can take a hit, but deal some damage too. I was thinking about Umbreon and Agron.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What do you think of this Froslass set:

Froslass@Choice Specs
    Timid
    6 HP/252 SATK/252 SPD
    Thunderbolt
    Trick
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball

This set is mostly used for fighting my brother. He prefers using Powerful Physical Attackers like Tyranitar and Gyarados. Even with a special-based Pokemon out, I can use Choice Specs to deal some damage. The only thing that resists Electric/ice/Ghost is Magnezone, whom my Brother never uses.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    What do you think of this Froslass set:

Froslass@Choice Specs
    Timid
    6 HP/252 SATK/252 SPD
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball

This set is mostly used for fighting my brother. He prefers using Powerful Physical Attackers like Tyranitar and Gyarados. Even with a special-based Pokemon out, I can use Choice Specs to deal some damage. The only thing that resists Electric/ice/Ghost is Magnezone, whom my Brother never uses.

All quite good,Changes in bold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back