• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    All quite good,Changes in bold.

You just succeeded in making the set worse. Not only is psychic a terrible move without STAB, it adds nothing to help this set- As already said the 3 offensive moves cover everything in the game except for magnezone. You also failed to realise that this is deliberately aimed at being a TrickSpecs set, which is kinda reliant on trick. D_A has told you several times not to rate without proper knowledge :|

As for the original set, The moveset needs no improvements. However I fail to see what advantages this set has over the like-minded alakazam, bar a slight raise of bulk. I also fear she'll lack raw power once specs are gone, something alakazam does not have to worry about.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    its for heracross and infernape.if your insulting my moveset,your insulting www.smogon.com s moveset

Lol.

Smogon aren't the gods of pokemon, they make mistakes too. Infernape and heracross are both 2HKO'd by everything on this set already, making it obscenely difficult for them to switch in. They are outsped too, so cannot get an attack in before the next blow comes either. On that note, I'm not insulting your moveset, because it is not yours. You're also missing the point in that even if it had been a good move suggestion, what you did was take a pokemon catered to a specific role and made it do something different. That's not the advice this person wants.

AAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD?????????
    infernape is a great threat to frosslas,one flareblitz is almost sure to take down even the most evd frosslas(unless some stupid person could give it 510 defense EVs.psychic is also a good choice as it can lower special defense wich can help frosslas kill a pokepontent

Again, lol.

Lets think back...

Infernape is not a "great threat" to froslass. Read my previous post. It is 2HKO'd minimum. That includes shadow ball and ice beam, which it even resists. So now it's in, what does it do? It gets KO'd by froslass who outspeeds it, with a timid nature and base 110 speed compared to infernape's base 108. Next, you can only have 255 EVs in a single stat, not 510 =]

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    its for heracross and infernape.if your insulting my moveset,your insulting www.smogon.com s moveset
    Does it really matter if he makes a suggestion that isn't what they make? Point is, it doesn't matter what he suggests compared to them. Whatever benefits the set more. The bite I have to grind with your change is the inability to say... WHY, and if you don't know what you're saying LEARN before you POST. When you're making changes, I find it better to explain why B is better than A, etc. I find Trick one of the most useful moves ever if you can time it right, I'd suggest you stick with it, Dunsparce. TrickSpecs can be an awesome set when played right.

Edit;

I will be deleting any nonsense. (This includes replies to such) Get to moveset improvement, thanks. We can move on from this. Final, you've been warned. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't suggest it.

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    is this good for absol

absol@lifeorb/that lens that boosts critical hit rate
    superluck
    att252/spe252/HP252
    psycho cut
    nightslash/sucker punch
    swords dance
    X-scizzor/rocksmash

Last edited by a moderator:

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Is this moveset any good for lapras? (its for platinum)

Lapras@ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 atk/ 224 speed/ 32hp
    Dragon Dance
    Aqua tail
    Iron head
    Body slam

change something if necesary.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Waterfall > Aqua Tail, in my opinion. The random flinches you get are priceless.
    I don't like Iron Head's coverage, so I'd go with Substitute here.

For the last slot, Body Slam is rather meh now that you have Outrage (Water/Dragon is unresisted in UU), and even Return has a higher base power.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Waterfall > Aqua Tail, in my opinion. The random flinches you get are priceless.
    I don't like Iron Head's coverage, so I'd go with Substitute here.

For the last slot, Body Slam is rather meh now that you have Outrage (Water/Dragon is unresisted in UU), and even Return has a higher base power.

Thx for the comment. So then it should be something like this:

Lapras@ Lefties
    Adamant
    252atk/224speed/32HP
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Substitute
    Return

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thx for the comment. So then it should be something like this:

Lapras@ Lefties
    Adamant
    252atk/224speed/32HP
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Substitute
    Return

You can use Ice Shard >> Sub too, but yeah thats pretty much it. It nabs those revenge killers such as Scyther and hits Altaria. Priority is great regardless to finish off weakened foes..

Also you can use Life Orb and Ice Beam > Sub, this allows you to OHKO Leafeon even with a - sp.att nature and to at least hit grass types hard. (You can use a + att - def or - sp.def nature if you wish to power it up more).

Thunderbolt can be used in OU in place of sub to nab Skarmory, Gyarados and in UU to hit Poliwrath again with a + att - def or - sp.def nature.

Ill shut up now =p.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    You can use Ice Shard >> Sub too, but yeah thats pretty much it. It nabs those revenge killers such as Scyther and hits Altaria. Priority is great regardless to finish off weakened foes..

Also you can use Life Orb and Ice Beam > Sub, this allows you to OHKO Leafeon even with a - sp.att nature and to at least hit grass types hard. (You can use a + att - def or - sp.def nature if you wish to power it up more).

Thunderbolt can be used in OU in place of sub to nab Skarmory, Gyarados and in UU to hit Poliwrath again with a + att - def or - sp.def nature.

Ill shut up now =p.

Thanks for the comment.
    I was also thinking about curser lapras, witch one do you think is more effective?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Alitte help my Infernape, Lucario, and Floatzel

Infernape:
    Flare Blitz
    Close Combat
    SolarBeam ( accidentally used Grass Knot on Carnivine ><)
    Shadow Claw

Lucario:
    Aura Sphere
    Water Pulse
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse

Floatzel:
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Dig
    Ice Beam

Assistance? Plz

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
    Alitte help my Infernape, Lucario, and Floatzel

Infernape@Life Orb
    Blaze ll Naive
    24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe

Flamethrower
    Close Combat
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Nasty Plot

There are many things you can do with ape. I'll just assume mixed fits your standards since you were considering Solarbeam.

Lucario@Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Steadfast ll Modest/Timid
    252 Spd/ 252 Sp.Atk
    -Aura Sphere/ Focus Blast
    -HP [Ice]/Dragon Pulse
    -Vaccum Wave
    -Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Lot of options and variation you can do here, this is the basic special luc set.

Floatzel@Life Orb
    Swift Swim ll Jolly
    252 Spd/ 252 Atk

-Waterfall
    -Crunch/Ice Fang
    -Aqua Jet/Brick Break
    -Rain Dance

Floatzel is at it's optimum when coupled with some rain. That's the set I proposed here. Pick what moves helps your team best.

Assistance? Plz

Eh, I hope I helped. If the sets I suggested aren't what you were looking for, I can still guarantee you they're versatile. =]

Last edited:

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Hmmm... I was looking for a good set for my Gliscor. Is this any good?

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature/ Sand Veil
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Atk
    - EQ
    - Roost
    - Ice Fang
    - Taunt

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    Eh, I hope I helped. If the sets I suggested aren't what you were looking for, I can still guarantee you they're versatile. =]

Rain Dance is good with Floatzel in particular, but you have to have zoom out for a minute and see if there are pokemon in the team as a whole that will be impacted negatively by the rain, in this case infernape. Thats the problem with sunny day/hail/rain dance/sandstorm. They can cause detrimental effects on the rest of your team if you're not careful.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature/ Sand Veil
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Atk
    - EQ
    - Roost
    - Ice Fang
    - Taunt

It's standard, however seeing as it is standard and from Smogon, it can always be improved.

244 HP/ 188 Def/ 76 Spd

^ Lets you outspeed Jolly Tyranitar, Breloom and Timid Mangezone, and Choice Specs Heatran that sometimes run 216 EVs, and reaches a maximum leftovers recovery point.

Also since Garchomp is banned there's very little reason to use Ice Fang, Gliscor doesnt make a good Salamence coutner IMO, as it fears Flamethrowers. consider Fire Fang to counter the new threat, Scizor, as well as still coutnering Breloom and more importantly Heracross, which Ice Fang cant.

Fire Fang also works perfectly with Taunt as it lets you outstall Skarmory, Forretress and Bronzong.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    I recently looked up all the moves pokemon can learn in Platinum, particularly Outrage. :P
    Anyway, this one struck my interest.

OUTRAGE Primeape?

Sounds pretty good to me. Could anyone give me a set?

Also, could Outrage work for Ampharos?

FURIOUSAMPHAROS @ Choice Band
    EVS: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
    Nature: Adament
    - Thunderpunch
    - Outrage
    - Fire Punch
    - Focus Punch ?

Hits a lot of things hard, and has decent enough bulk to take hits back.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
    Primeape and Ampharos have absolutely no need for Outrage, as the only thing that it's hitting that's worth hitting is Altaria, who succumbs to Ice Punch anyway, which both can learn as well. Not to mention getting better type coverage and not being locked into 1 move for 2-3 turns, risking being set up on.

The only pokes that I can think of that welcome Outrage's addition to their movepools and is perfectly viable: are Kingdra, Salamence, and to a lesser extent Gyarados

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    The only pokes that I can think of that welcome Outrage's addition to their movepools and is perfectly viable: are Kingdra, Salamence, and to a lesser extent Gyarados

What about Flygon?

who succumbs to Ice Punch anyway, which both can learn as well.

Actually, Ampharos doesn't get Ice Punch.
    Outrage is his only shot at hitting dragons, and choice banded, it should work nicely right?

Last edited:
    Years
    What about Flygon?
    I think it could work. Flygon has an advantage with a STAB'ed Earthquake to hit some steels and U-Turn to scout for them. It would fit nicely over Draco Meteor in the Scarf set, especially.
    Actually, Ampharos doesn't get Ice Punch.
    Outrage is his only shot at hitting dragons, and choice banded, it should work nicely right?
    Indeed it doesn't. =/

I am worried that Ampharos would be a poor user of Outrage. It's very slow, so it won't be great for taking on any dragons, especially after a DD. It's also rather easy to switch in a Steel and hit it for SE. This is not so much of a problem for the other's as they have more than 273 Max Atk. The low speed means it can be easily outsped and revenged.

It could work, but it's basically just a novelty.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature/ Sand Veil
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Atk
    - EQ
    - Roost
    - Ice Fang
    - Taunt

Ice Fang is less of a necessity, as it was mainly used for Garchomp. Most Salamences are Mixed now, anyway, so Draco Meteor will take it's toll.

Taunt can work, but it fails to outspeed most of the pokemon that are likely to set up on it. Stealth Rock and Knock Off can remain decent choices for support, especially considering most offensive teams deal with SR by running a Fast Taunting Suicide Lead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back