• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    As for the original set, The moveset needs no improvements. However I fail to see what advantages this set has over the like-minded alakazam, bar a slight raise of bulk. I also fear she'll lack raw power once specs are gone, something alakazam does not have to worry about.

I know. But with 'kazam in OU as of lately, Froslass Can pull it off without being outclassed in its own tier. If only Gamefreak had given Froslass less Attack and more Special Attack >.<;

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • Rain Dance is good with Floatzel in particular, but you have to have zoom out for a minute and see if there are pokemon in the team as a whole that will be impacted negatively by the rain, in this case infernape. Thats the problem with sunny day/hail/rain dance/sandstorm. They can cause detrimental effects on the rest of your team if you're not careful.

He actually didn't specify if they were meant for a team, but I urged him to choose the moves that worked best for it. Nonetheless, weather effects are a possible variable in every battle. In that scenario the user of it isn't important. I'd expect it'd be a given not to use fire moves in the rain .(Not that you'll probably ever have to since water pokemon are the ones that roam the field at that time) It's just that it's rude to assume people don't have common sense. Anyway.. Main Idea: I propose the set, it's up to you to use it the right way.=]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    He actually didn't specify if they were meant for a team, but I urged him to choose the moves that worked best for it. Nonetheless, weather effects are a possible variable in every battle. In that scenario the user of it isn't important. I'd expect it'd be a given not to use fire moves in the rain .(Not that you'll probably ever have to since water pokemon are the ones that roam the field at that time) It's just that it's rude to assume people don't have common sense. Anyway.. Main Idea: I propose the set, it's up to you to use it the right way.=]

Yea it sfor a team, im trying to get good at Wifi Battling thats why im asking

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • Yea it sfor a team, im trying to get good at Wifi Battling thats why im asking

Well in that case, I'm sure that I don't have to tell you to not to use fire attacks in the rain. =/ The sets are fine just be aware of how you use them. TBH I'd actually spring for a gyara over floatzel, but in the end it's all your discretion.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • He actually didn't specify if they were meant for a team, but I urged him to choose the moves that worked best for it. Nonetheless, weather effects are a possible variable in every battle. In that scenario the user of it isn't important. I'd expect it'd be a given not to use fire moves in the rain .(Not that you'll probably ever have to since water pokemon are the ones that roam the field at that time) It's just that it's rude to assume people don't have common sense. Anyway.. Main Idea: I propose the set, it's up to you to use it the right way.=]

You'd be HIGHLY surprised how many people dont instantly realize that. it may seem blatently obvious to you and me, but dont always assume that everyone is as smart as yourself.

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • eh...okay. Here's what I'm going to say:

1) Smart =/= Common sense
    2) TBH it's not my style to take baby steps. I'm going to assume the person asking has some background knowledge of pokemon. (Ie:Fire moves have no place in rain) I'd actually find it insulting for someone to assume less of me, but that's just my personal ideology that I follow.
    3) Never met a person who wasn't aware of weather effects.
    4) We can sit here all day debating my obvious reluctance to teach pokemon (which is indeed off topic) or we can drop this and be satisfied that the asker is content. I choose the second one. =]

Done.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Metagross @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    244 HP/252 SpA/14 Def
    Flash Cannon/Shadow Ball
    HP Fire
    Psychic/Shadow Ball
    Grass Knot

Another gimmick set! After trying this out, I sorta thought it was fun. It's moveset offers decent typing, and most of the usual "Metagross counters" get taken out quickly. Grass Knot OHKO's Swampert, HP Fire 2HKO's Skarmory, 2HKO's Bronzong, OHKO's Forretress, and does a nice chunk to Magnezone. Psychic and Flash Cannon are the main STABs, but either could be replaced with Shadow Ball (which can 3HKO Cresselia)

HP Fire vs. Max HP/0 SpD Forretress: 172.88%-204.52%
    HP Fire vs. Max HP/0 SpD Skarmory: 81.44%-95.81%
    HP Fire vs. Max HP/0 SpD Bronzong: 53.25%-62.72%

Shadow Ball vs. Max HP/0 SpD Cresselia: 41.44%-49.10%

Flash Cannon vs. Max HP/Max SpD Regirock (No SS): 69.04%-81.10%
    Flash Cannon vs. Max HP/Max SpD Regirock (SS): 46.03%-54.25%

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I like it, Vance....It's gimmicky but it'll sure surprise some people. I'd actually prefer this to a mix-gross set =P

Years
  • It's worth noting that most Rain Dance Teams run a Steel that can benefit from the halved fire damage.

It's true, though, that you can't not always avoid weather because one team member doesn't like it. Weather is so common, so you can't avoid it anyway. This applies more to SS and Hail, however Rain/Sun only lasts for 5 turns.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What do you think of this?

Toxicroak@Life Orb/Choice Band/Chocie Scarf
    Jolly
    6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
    Dry Skin
    Gunk Shot
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch
    Ice Punch

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • What do you think of this?

Toxicroak@Life Orb/Choice Band/Chocie Scarf
    Jolly
    6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
    Dry Skin
    Gunk Shot
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch
    Ice Punch

Its ok, but i would put poison jab over gunk shot because of the lack of accuracy and perhaps stone edge over ice punch for more damage.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I haven't heard much about it, so am I correct in presuming Origin Giratina has been bullied into the corner of unused ubers with Reg Deoxys?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    eh...okay. Here's what I'm going to say:

1) Smart =/= Common sense
    2) TBH it's not my style to take baby steps. I'm going to assume the person asking has some background knowledge of pokemon. (Ie:Fire moves have no place in rain) I'd actually find it insulting for someone to assume less of me, but that's just my personal ideology that I follow.
    3) Never met a person who wasn't aware of weather effects.
    4) We can sit here all day debating my obvious reluctance to teach pokemon (which is indeed off topic) or we can drop this and be satisfied that the asker is content. I choose the second one. =]

Done.

well anyways, with Infernape, HP is out because i tested it last night and it was Bug and i know that it cant be changed since its said that IV's cant be changed once a pokemon is obtained, but now im considering ThunderPunch but im still not sure ><

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    For a platinum swords dance-orb scizor which final move slot to the bullet punch, swords dance, roost gives most benefit? X-Scissors I know is useful for neutral stab. Superpower is more powerful verison of brick break, but lowers it's usefulness after the defence loss. Brick Break isn't as powerful. All this still gets walled by gyarados, zapdos.

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • well anyways, with Infernape, HP is out because i tested it last night and it was Bug and i know that it cant be changed since its said that IV's cant be changed once a pokemon is obtained, but now im considering ThunderPunch but im still not sure ><

Infernape@ Life Orb
    Jolly ll Blaze
    252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    -Sword Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge/T-Punch
    -Flare Blitz

Pure physical ape. It hits hard, but it's pretty easy to stop imo. If this set doesn't work out for you (somehow) I'd suggest you breed for a new ape that lets you abuse mixed attacking.

For a platinum swords dance-orb scizor which final move slot to the bullet punch, swords dance, roost gives most benefit? X-Scissors I know is useful for neutral stab. Superpower is more powerful verison of brick break, but lowers it's usefulness after the defence loss. Brick Break isn't as powerful. All this still gets walled by gyarados, zapdos.

I personally use the same set w/ X- Scissors. Roost with Superpower abuse isn't going to assure you a healthy Scizor tbh. So if you're using roost X-Scissor > Superpower. Brick break is meh. It hits for SE on Normal, Dark, Rock, Steel, Ice but Steel/Bug already covers Dark, Rock and Ice. Normal isn't much of a problem with scizor's humongous attack with STAB. So fighting moves on scizor aren't neccessary imo unless you want specifically to cover a steel. Scizor generally can't do much at all to Gyarados or Zapdos.

Is DD-mence still useable in platnium or do I have to go with choice scarf set?

Yeah, of course.

Salamence@Life Orb/Yache Berry
    Adamant ll Intimidate
    120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Stone Edge/Fire Blast

Don't get me wrong, scarfmence is pretty damn good too. It's just the issue of having to set up vs hitting hard and fast(which is what this metagame seems to be about lately).

Last edited:

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Alright, since azelf got a whole new group of physical moves in platinum, I was wondering if a physical azelf is available. If one is, I'd like a set for it.

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • I never tried one before, but I'll give it a go:

Azelf@Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Jolly ll Levitate
    252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Explosion
    -Thunderpunch
    -Fire Punch

yeah..looks a little freaky. I suppose SR and taunt could fit somewhere on there depending on what you're using him for. Hope I helped...

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    kind of.
    So far I have:

Azelf@ Choice scarf
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk/ 252 Speed
    ~Zen headbutt
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Explosion/taunt