• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    This is what I suggested to Tyranitar042 in a different thread:

Me said:
    Salamence Held Item:Choice Band/White Herb
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace
    - Fire Blast
    - Rock Slide

CBMence should be your lead-off hitter. That allows you to hit hard right off the bat with the move of your choice, and then switch out accordingly. This hit and run tactic is vital because with the proper strategy you can bring it back in to sweep towards the end of the game.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 148 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk) or Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Wish
    - Charm/Curse/Toxic

Pretty self-explanatory. Umby makes very strong Subs. Sub first and then have some fun. The last move is strictly your preference. Charm really takes the bite out of any physical attacker (i.e. Machamp), but doesn't do squat against special sweepers. Curse is used multiple times, put up a fresh Sub, Wish as needed, and then Pass to your physical sweeper holding a White Herb. Can you imagine the damage Mence or Metagross or TTar could do behind a Sub and their Atk and Def increased by 3 levels? It destroys EVERYTHING you would ever encounter in BF. Toxic is, of course, a guaranteed KO in most cases. While Umby has no offensive moves of its own, it doesn't have the stats to be effective in that way anyway. SubPassing and WishPassing, not to mention CursePassing, works crazy well in the BF, especially since the AI doesn't switch out nearly as often as a real opponent does.

Gengar @ Shell Bell/Lum Berry/White Herb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 152 Atk / 170 SAtk / 186 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Punch/Giga Drain
    - Hypnosis/Will-O-Wisp/Destiny Bond
    - Explosion/Focus Punch

Your special sweeper. How you utilize though is up to you. I have usually gone TB/IP/GD/FP. TB and IP gives you great type coverage, GD is mainly for Swampert and HP recovery, and FP only if you go with SubPass Umby. Hypnosis for obvious reasons. WOW disables and DB can be useful at times. Explosion takes out physical walls and is a good going away present and is more useful than FP if you don't have the benefit of a Sub. The item again really depends on the rest of your team. Shell Bell might work better on one of your physical attackers. Lum cures all, but White Herb is for CursePassing Umby. Your SubPassed Gengar, with its SAtk and leveled up Atk and Def is pretty powerful.
    Winning team. I would say Gold Symbol guaranteed, but only if proper strategy is followed. Good luck.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I need a team that can get me through either LG/FR or Emerald

Luvdisk
    Magikarp
    Feebas
    Ratata
    Pidgey
    Bidoof

Something like that?

But seriously, no forward planning is needed to beat the game. The games are aimed at ages 3+ and have AI to match. Just play through it, catch the pokes you like, level up as much as possible and aim to hit for SE damage.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    It really depends on what he wants to get accomplished either do great in the frontier or not and just have fun with umbreon (since he said its his favorite im not sure that he wants to make it a supporter like everyone is making him)

Thank you for that team it helped alot and worked really good i have pokerus for my pokemon so it was really easy to ev train.
    SHANECDAVIS

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • i need a final move for the empty slot of my donphan,i gave him choiceband to make you guys happy.for now i gave him strength cus i cant afford return,dont say rapidspin cus this don is for the BT

donphan@choiceband
    adamant
    moves:iceshard
    rollout
    earthquake
    strength/need help(not rapid spin)

oh yeh im not getin rid of roll out cus i think its wicked,

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    i need a final move for the empty slot of my donphan,i gave him choiceband to make you guys happy.for now i gave him strength cus i cant afford return,dont say rapidspin cus this don is for the BT

donphan@choiceband
    adamant
    rollout
    earthquake

Donphan@Choice Band
    172 HP / 252 ATT / 84 SPEED
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Fang

Rollout and Strength suck hard.

Fire Fang gives you coverage and Stone Edge is vastly superior to rollout as it locks you in and takes many turns to do any damage.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
  • i need a final move for the empty slot of my donphan,i gave him choiceband to make you guys happy.for now i gave him strength cus i cant afford return,dont say rapidspin cus this don is for the BT

donphan@choiceband
    adamant
    rollout
    earthquake

Get rid of roll out cause it sucks, use stone edge and use rapid spin cause it's useful, if not use some random filler like fire fang, hell even roar. :/

whishmaker

bored...
    Years
  • kyogre @ leftovers
    modest
    4 hp / 252 spa / 252 spe
    thunder
    ice beam
    surf
    calm mind

groudon @ leftovers/life orb
    adamant
    130 hp / 252 atk / 126 spe
    thunder wave
    earthquake
    dragon claw
    stone edge

both of em are for uber battles

rate :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Can someone help me out with my espeon.

Serious nature@wiseglasses

don't really know the ev's

current moveset

shadow ball
    psychic
    substitute
    morning sun

I was thinking of swapping out substitute for hp ice. I got substitute for annoyers using toxic, swagger, confuse ray, whirlpool, etc. but when up against a pokemon that's super effective against espeon or that has a strong atk, substitute fades in one hit and since it takes away hp, when I go to heal, a super effective move can sweep me. I would replace it with grass knot but already used it on another pokemon. any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2008
    kicking the habit

i was hacking pokemon for a while.( i know its bad) well i have started over and wsa wondering if anyone could give me any ideas for a competition team

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • And this belongs in the request a team, perhaps you should read our stickies too, and give us a general idea of what you'd like to accomplish for us to help you.

Moved.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Best options are Swift Swimmers and Dry Skin pokemon...

Omastar, Kabutops, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Huntail, Gorebyss, Relicanth, Floatzel

Most of these pokemon have average speed, so doubling it due to Rain can make sweepers out of tanks (Kabutops etc). Kingdra and Ludicolo are probably the main ones used in OU, some of the others are better off in UU but can survive if used right.

Toxicroak is the only real Dry Skin useable pokemon, well one could opt for Parasect, but Spore isn't really that great on such a fragile pokemon.

Now as for setting up Rain Dance, apart from the pokemon that actually take advantage of it (Ludicolo, Kingdra etc) you can use pokemon like Bronzong and Celebi to set the rain flowing, hell even Aerodactyl could use a suicidal rain dance set up if you want.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Waterfall is nice if you don't want to miss and only lose 10 BP... Consider LO if you want more power. I won't chance Ice Beam but if you want to keep it, chance the nature to Naive, Jolly just weakens Ice Beam. Rain Dance abuses Swift swim too btw, Crunch helps with Cresselia problems.

Carnivine@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Power Whip
    - Return / Crunch
    - Swords Dance
    - Sleep Powder

just realized something, in Platinum, there's no way to get multiple Life Orbs

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • There has always only been one Life Orb in the game, people just decided to clone it a few times on the GTS.

Plus this forum does have a trading section, I'm sure if you got WiFi someone can give you one

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    There has always only been one Life Orb in the game, people just decided to clone it a few times on the GTS.

Plus this forum does have a trading section, I'm sure if you got WiFi someone can give you one

How do i clone with GTS?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • This belongs in the Request A Team / Individual Moveset thread, but seeing as how it's out of my section, I can't merge it there D: So I'll just move this over to Strategies & Movesets, and one of the mods there can merge it for you~

-Moved-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back