• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    can anyone tell me if my team is a decent one to use in UU, its a NU/UU team
    thanks to anyone that helps, tweaks are encouraged and welcome

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    Jumpluff @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    Chlorophyll
    188 SpD/68 Def/252 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Sleep Powder

-Encore

Basically my lead off pokemon, and my special wall/staller. Depending on the pokemon, i choose my moves carefully. If its a physical sweeper thats weak to one of my pokemon I can try and predict the swords dance and encore it, etc. Or throw a sub up first thing and then Leech, followed by stun spore, and then a possible switch. Variety of things I can do here really.

Jynx @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    Forewarn
    252 HP/6 SpD/252 Spe
    -Mean Look
    -Ice Beam
    -Substitute
    -Perish Song

A semi-common perishtrapper. It sounds as it seems, switch into Jynx and then mean look to trap them and then perish song them. The sub and ice beam are there for other type pokemon that Jynx can do good against. Basically Jynx won't come out to often in matches, just when I need her. I thought about it for awhile and I think that Leftovers is better than a scarf because I need to chain atleast 2 moves for her to be successful......but if you can change my mind, feel free.

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Sturdy
    252 HP/120 Atk/136 SpD
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball

Steelix is basically my physical wall. He can throw up stealth rock, and explosion any of my problems away (LMAO). Gyro ball is also pretty effective because he is not only slow, he gets a STAB bonus from it as well. Earthquake is a very nice filler. He's also going to protect me from any Swellow that come along and try to Brave Bird me. [Credit goes to Pokedra for build and advice]

Poliwrath @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Water Absorb
    72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spe
    -Waterfall
    -Brick Break
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

Ok Poliwrath is my Ice killer, and a good physical sweeper. He has waterfall and brick break to take down and steelixs or clefables that come along. His rock slide was for taking down an electric type pokemon if my jynx is dead or just if i need to, THATS THE ONLY REASON HE DOESNT HAVE ICE PUNCH. And earthquake is there for a filler, a powerful and always useful one. His choice band will also increase the power of all these moves making it easier to kill.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    Chlorophyll
    6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Dark Pulse
    -Grass Knot
    -Nasty Plot
    -Extrasensory

Basically he kills psychic and water types for me. His grass knot can take down any water pokemon and dark pulse will handle the psychic types. Extrasensory is a pretty good thing to have on Shiftry. Nasty Plot is also awesome, especially since EV's are going into SpA. His life orb will boost his stats too, my other option for him was leftovers.

Vileplume @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Chlorophyll
    244 HP/136 Def/128 SpD
    -Stun Spore

-Toxic
    -Aromatherapy
    -Energy Ball

He's my status inducer. Pretty self-explanatory. Sleep powerder and toxic whenever needed and energy ball for some damage. Aromatherapy can help alot in UU too, as far as i know.

LOL NOTE: ignore steelix being green :D

Forever Forum

Its Hell getting into Heaven
    Years
    I have question about friend codes.

I am new to the whole Wi-Fi experience, so when I have one of my friends registered in my Pal Pad, how exactly can I go about battling or trading with them? Where do I have to go/what do I have to do?

Years
    You'll need to register the friend with a Friend Code and then go to the bottom floor of the Pokemon Centre and speak to the lady there. You'll then be taken to the Wifi Center and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Could someone give me some physical and special tanks? Preferably newer sets.

Rhymed

YouSpinMeRightRound
    Years

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Sp.Def
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Payback

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
    Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird

Special.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
    Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Flamethrower
    - Toxic

Also, Ethan, once steelix is dead, or indeed crippled, a dd altaria can come in and 6-0 you if it carries fire blast, or as mentioned before, it's dead.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Could someone give me some physical and special tanks? Preferably newer sets.

HIPPO!

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    Impish nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
    - Slack Off
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

Takes physicals hits like a champ ;) I would say he does physical walling better then Skarmory in some cases.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
    Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect / Softboiled
    - Flamethrower / Ice Beam
    - Toxic / Thunder Wave

All your special walling needs are covered by this fat blob.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    ccould some one give me a lead aerodactyl set. pwitty please

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake / Ice Fang
    - Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Standard support lead. Taunt slower stuff that's trying to set up, and if they end up attacking, you can still get your rocks up with focus sash. Pretty useful set.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake / Ice Fang
    - Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Standard support lead. Taunt slower stuff that's trying to set up, and if they end up attacking, you can still get your rocks up with focus sash. Pretty useful set.

Hey thanx.im gonna use ice fang over earth quake (for dragons) and rock slide over stone edge

Forever Forum

Years
    You'll need to register the friend with a Friend Code and then go to the bottom floor of the Pokemon Centre and speak to the lady there. You'll then be taken to the Wifi Center and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.
    I have friends register that I wish to trade with, but when I enter the Wifi Center it takes me to a room with a tv screen and I don't know how to invite or play with my friends.

Forever Forum

Years
    You go to the TV screen and it'l give you a list of actions that yuo invite people to join...
    For example, I am doing it right now.

I went to the TV, pressed A, and I choose "TRADE".

From there it says "Seeking participants..." and does nothing from there?

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Yeah, you then have to wait for one of your friends to come and accept the trade, afterwards a message shoud pop up saying -insert friend's name here- wants to play with you.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I wanted to try this on my Gravity team:
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 240HP/ 160Def/ 76SpD/ 32Spe
    Wish
    Gravity
    U-turn
    Ice Punch
    I wonder if Doom Desire is usable here...
    Gravity will make it's accuracy 100%...
    Or am I better of with Ice Punch or Body Slam?
    & Which one of those 2 would be better overall?
    Or should I use Thunder, of which will have 100% accuracy
    during the effect of Gravity?
    If you guys know nothing of Gravity teams,
    I can PM you useful info on them.
    (I'd put it here, but advertising is ill-eagle here..)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    kk i need sum help and i always come here to get it lol. Im making a NU team and im looking for a good EV spread for my ursaring. Im using a baton passer to hit him with a agility to boost his crappy speed im gonna be using a toxic orb or flame to get guts and facade going and then sword dance to raise his attack. Ne ideas would be appreciated

Forever Forum

Years
    Thank you guys, got it to work.

I finally managed to get a good amount of the "Power" items from the Battle Frontier. Now, ho wexactly do these items work? I used to use Macho Brace for EV training, so how do these Power items work? Do they still double the amount of EVs gained like Macho Brace? Or do they add a different amount of EVS?

Years
    The Power items work like this:
    Every time you gain EVs, you get 4 more extra EVs in the mentioned stat. In the case of the Power Lens, that says it raises sp. atk. So if you were to KO a Bidoof (1 HP), you'd get 1 HP EV and 4 sp. atk EVs. If you KOed a Gastly (1 sp. atk), you'd get 5 sp. atk EVs.

Forever Forum

Years
    The Power items work like this:
    Every time you gain EVs, you get 4 more extra EVs in the mentioned stat. In the case of the Power Lens, that says it raises sp. atk. So if you were to KO a Bidoof (1 HP), you'd get 1 HP EV and 4 sp. atk EVs. If you KOed a Gastly (1 sp. atk), you'd get 5 sp. atk EVs.
    Wow...ok. Let me get this straight.

Say I am Ev training an Absol and I want to EV train it in attack. Normally what I would so is fight Gyarados since it gives 2 Attack EV. So I would equip my Absol with the Macho Brace and after defeating Gyarados, I would gain 4 EVs to Attack because Macho Brace doubles it. Now if I were to equip it with Power Bracelet(forgot the name of the Power item that raises EV attack, just using Bracelet for the sake of the argument), I would gain 6 Attack EVs after defeating Gyarados? 2 normally from Gyara and 4 extra from the Attack Power item?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back