• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyo tohma

thanks.that helped a ton. I hadn't a clue what these new tiers were when i saw their abbreviations.

Years
    Growlithe EVing?

i want to EV train a growlithe
    but i have no idea how.
    its got pkrs and i guess that helps it?
    will someone tell me what pokemon to battle and how many times to battle it to get my desired results?

Growlithe
    Nature: impish, highly curious, likes sour food
    Lv. 1 UT
    hp-12 Atk-6 Def-5 SpAtk-5 SpDef-6 Spd-6

Desired Results:
    Arcanine
    Lv. 100
    hp-317 Atk-349 Def-184 SpAtk-187 SpDef-185 Spd-289

at least somewhere near that^

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    there are guides for this ya know
    well the question is what do you want to ev train it in?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    If you're going for practicality, that Growlithe is going to want to have an Adamant nature and 31 IVs in Attack and Speed. If it is for competitive use, you should post right here.

It'd be unnecessarily difficult to figure out your EVs for those stats, as we don't know your IVs. You need to tell us the EV spread, and then we can tell you the pokémon you need to fight.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    i want to EV train a growlithe
    but i have no idea how.
    its got pkrs and i guess that helps it?
    will someone tell me what pokemon to battle and how many times to battle it to get my desired results?

Growlithe
    Nature: impish, highly curious, likes sour food
    Lv. 1 UT
    hp-12 Atk-6 Def-5 SpAtk-5 SpDef-6 Spd-6

Desired Results:
    Arcanine
    Lv. 100
    hp-317 Atk-349 Def-184 SpAtk-187 SpDef-185 Spd-289

at least somewhere near that^

Well for one thing, that attack stat isn't possible with an Impish nature, and the stats you are aiming for are all with 31 IV's in everything.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Then I suggest reading the guides here. It'll explain the roles of pokémon, and you will learn that some pokémon can't be good in every stat. Some are there to kill pokémon before other pokémon kill them, as they would die no matter what (IE: Arcanine).

P.S: Nice location d('-'d). Always nice to see a fellow Michigander (Michiganian, take your pick.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    For playthrough, I recommend Leaf Blade (but that's around level 70), X-Scissor, Toxic, and maybe Quick Attack. -shrug- Nothing competitive, cause I don't know much about that stuff, but that set worked for me. ^_^

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Quick question if I have a Pokemon infected with Pokerus and also holding a Power item and knocks out a Pokemon worth 2 EVs what's the total they will get?

Years
    Brute strength is good for in game battles, and though I generally prefer Glaceon, I once had a Leafeon with Leaf blade, Giga drain, Shadow ball and Aerial ace. That combo isn't too bad.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Leafeon's physical attack is higher than its Special Attack, so physical moves would work better. Leaf Blade is a must, but until you get that, stick with Razor Leaf... It learns a couple of decent TMs, such as Return, Dig, X-Scissor, and Aerial Ace. Return is the most powerful of those, and Dig's the only way you're hitting Steel-types. Both X-Scissor and Aerial Ace hit opposing Grass-types. X-Scissor has more power, though.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    Mine hasn't reached 70 yet for Leaf Blade, but here's my current moveset on him if it helps at all:

X-Scissor
    Razor Leaf
    Toxic
    Synthesis

As the others have said, Leafeon's physical attacks are much better than special due to its high attack and not-so-spectacular special attack.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Quick question if I have a Pokemon infected with Pokerus and also holding a Power item and knocks out a Pokemon worth 2 EVs what's the total they will get?

You would get

2(Pokemon) + 4(Power Band) x 2 = 12 EV

Kthankbai

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    I don't know if this should go in either this thread or the Simple Question and Answer thread, but I will just post it here.

What would be considered one of the most annoying Pokémon in the game? e.g. Jumpluff, Togekiss, etc? Thinking of centralizing a team around an annoying Pokémon. :3

the most annoying could be double team pressure dusknoir, but thats band
    i came across an awsome crobat in the battle factory and it had this

Crobat@scopelens
    modest or timid(cant remember)
    dunno evs
    heatwave
    airslash
    darkpulse
    sludge bomb

1.is this a good set
    2.this must have annoyed the com like hell as it kept flinching it (and thorton AKA thorntons chocolate)
    3.what would you replace sludge bomb with

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back