• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
First post!!

Nice going Coolboyman!
A gold hack is number 1!!!!
But it's amazing that Coolboyman only used goldmap and a hex editor! (and transhexion)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Amazing! PRISM! Way to go! Coolboyman.., congrats for having your hack as the 'Hack of the Year 2007' :)

Always keep up the great work (and I'll be expecting the new TM set! ;) )...

Congratulations~

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
You're sure a cool boy, man!

I also expected Shiny gold to earn the gold, but I'm happy the winner is a brand new world instead of a remake (even if it's a superb one).
It may encourage the kids to make their own world, too.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, if I have to be serious, I'm gonna say I'm quite dissapointed of the fact of people's voting being useless in all of this. But meh, may be that I'm a bit down on this, so don't pay too much attention to this.

I still congratulate CBMan for the award. I guess you deserved it more than me, according to the judges... ;)

Well, I'll cheer up myself again, and keep working, because I already have people's recognition that I'm doing a good work. So my next goal is: finishing the game, not caring about awards and that stuff, yay!

This will be the last time I'm gonna be so sincere, sorry...

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Well, if I have to be serious, I'm gonna say I'm quite dissapointed of the fact of people's voting being useless in all of this. But meh, may be that I'm a bit down on this, so don't pay too much attention to this.

I still congratulate CBMan for the award. I guess you deserved it more than me, according to the judges... ;)

Well, I'll cheer up myself again, and keep working, because I already have people's recognition that I'm doing a good work. So my next goal is: finishing the game, not caring about awards and that stuff, yay!

This will be the last time I'm gonna be so sincere, sorry...

Don't feel too bad, you got second place, and of course, theres always next year. I can understand how you feel though, back in 2004 Pokemon Brown didn't win.

Last edited:
Years
Don't feel too bad, you got second place, and of course, theres always next year.
I'd better start with Congratulations Coolboyman. Prism is my favourite hack, you deserved the award.

But... Honestly, I'm glad Prism won, but I, like others, was probably expecting Shiny Gold to win.
And Zel, I was thinking the same thing that you posted, I just didn't type it because I thought it was just being rude to the judges. Shiny Gold easily lead the first and second rounds, by a "crazy" amount, and somehow that meant nothing to the final decision. That after how many voters voted for it, 3 people decided that everyone else is wrong. I can see why you'd feel pretty dissapointed, I would be too.
I don't mean to be rude, this is the first time I've been around for the HotY, and I guess that's just the way I saw it.

And I guess congrats EV, we've still got next year to try again.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
Congratulations to Coolboyman on winning, but also to Zel and Earthvisitor for making it this far. These are all excellent hacks, and perhaps if put in separate years, they would all blow away the competition. All of these hacks are worthy, but in the end, I think the right choice was made.
Great hack, and it deserves this great award

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Haha.
I never expected to win, and I certainly didn't.
Hell, I wasn't even expecting to make it to the 2nd round.
Especially without a BETA of any sort.

Congratulations to Prism and Coolboyman.
Though, I might disagree with the Judges in some aspects, even in my eyes Prism would've won had I judged myself.

My hack is only original and has a fun story. It has nothing that these 2 hacks deliver. Interesting Features, long and fun scripts which really enhance the gameplay.
:)

Congrats and Good Luck next year.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
all right, how many times has Shiny Gold won before? (no neeed to answer that one) Well, I don't have to say "What the Hell?" since my favorite hack actually got in the top three (rocket's revenge)! Yay!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Shiny Gold is probably the most well known hack out there, and it has a cult following...*hides tattoos of Ho-oh*

Good to see that Rocket's Revenge hit 3

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
well, congratulations coolboyman.

But for me, Shiny Gold will be always the best hack and who deserved to be the winner :3

Last edited:

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
It's interesting a GBC hack takes first place. I have a feeling most of the people who voted for zel's Shiny Gold were discouraged by zel's own advice to "look beyond" his hack, like in his thread: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2525299&highlight=vote+hoty#post2525299.

But it's sweet that people couldn't resist and voted for his hack anyway, so it's still all the way up at #2! Good job, all! This was a good year for hacks.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
Years
I'm actually kind of shocked that Prism won. I was totally expecting Shiny Gold to take the cake. But with all the original features Prism had, it's hard for it not to win.

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
Yeah, I share your sentiments. Maybe so many people expected SG to win in a landslide that they voted for the others to make the arena interesting. But still, look what happened! #2 isn't exactly bad in my books--it's still a "winning" score! :)

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
Yeah, I share your sentiments. Maybe so many people expected SG to win in a landslide that they voted for the others to make the arena interesting. But still, look what happened! #2 isn't exactly bad in my books--it's still a "winning" score! :)
Well actually, Shiny Gold easily won round one [the one that was purely fan voting]
And it won round 2 by a decent margin [the one where you voted for categories]
Round 3, which was only between Shiny Gold, Prism, and Rocket's Revenge, was only voted on by 3 people. So, I doubt that other hacks got any 'sympathy votes'. The three judges were impartial and unbiased.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
This results must be reviewed.
All here were expecting Shiny Gold will win this HoTY and the final judges' votes are not only un-democratic but absolutely unfair.

Obviously the judges votes had been partial, so I ask for review it.

Justifications:
I said undemocratic because the votations (1 & 2) pointed by far the SG's victory.
Unfair because in a lot of aspects SG is greater than Prism.
I said partial because I can not understand how the judges votes are so much differents compared with the forum's member ones.
And I ask for a review because supra and because the 5 judges had became suspiciously 3 and their votes are very argueble.
And I made this because Zel is my friend.

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
This results must be reviewed.
All here were expecting Shiny Gold will win this HoTY and the final judges' votes are not only un-democratic but absolutely unfair.

Obviously the judges votes had been partial, so I ask for review it.
While I may agree that the system used to judge it wasn't the best choice ever....but I say the judges were impartial
I don't think it's fair to practically call them cheaters.

What's done is done, but perhaps we can revise the system for next year if enough people don't like the way the judging was done

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
The judging system is fair, and I do not think it will be revised. Most of the people that expected Shiny Gold to win, was because they did not see that there was a judging round.
If this year's system was like last year's, I would be sure, too, that Shiny Gold would win, because of its many fans.

The system will not be like this, next year, the system is going back to the basics. And as I said before, the results will probably not be revised, if members did not like this year's system, they should have had complained in the earlier phases of it.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
Yeah Erimgard but when there is something to do you have to do it.
Well anyway I am not asking to take the HoTY away from CoolBoyman because I personally think is amazing but the logical way is do what was done in 2004: The GBC HoTY 2007 for Prism and the GBA one for Shint Gold, isn't it?

About this Coolboyman had complained various times about the public judged his GBC hack comparing it with a GBA one, then ¿why now both categories had been mixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back