• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Rockruff mystery evolution in Anime teased in cliffhanger

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I'd say take it with a grain of salt for now, but looking at the picture it does definitely look like a hybrid of the two. Hopefully more scans will show in the coming days.

I have a feeling we might get something else before Corocoro. Some merchandise sites have said some of the hidden things are supposed to be revealed on the 6th or 10th. May have been 10th and there is a rumor about a new trailer on the 6th according to a rumor.

Apparently, there was actually 2 place holder images for Lycanroc according to one news source, not just 1.

Looking at the pokemon on the cover, without zooming in too much, it looks like it may have green eyes like Rockruff had in the anime when they were glowing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well guys, it looks like the new issue of CoroCoro has confirmed a new Lycanroc form.

Rockruff mystery evolution in Anime teased in cliffhanger

Serebii took this picture which was on the cover of the September 2017 issue. It appears to have green eyes, and its body is a light red colour, likely to sit between the Midday Form's beige colour and Midnight Form's dark red.

Technically, it's not confirmed to even be related to Pokémon, much less related to Rockruff's new evolution. According to Serebii in the same news:

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - CoroCoro

The first images from CoroCoro has been released, showcasing the cover of the magazine. With this, hidden away in the cover is an image that looks very similar to Lycanroc, just with a different colour scheme and a few aesthetic changes. We're currently awaiting further images from the magazine to confirm what this means. Do note, this is not currently confirmed to be related to Pokémon We'll bring more as it comes
    It has also been confirmed that Shigeru Ohmori is to showcase the world first Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon news during tomorrow's Pokénchi episode, due to air at 00:00 BST / 19:00 EDT / 16:00 PDT. We'll bring full news as it comes

Note that the bold was present on the original site as well.

That all being said, however, if this is indeed related to Pokémon, we'll probably find out tomorrow with that first news thing on Pokenchi.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think we get full confirmation in a day or two. But the possibility of it happening has gone up i admit.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
  • So, Ash's Rockruff will become the new Dusk Form Lycanroc. It was pretty clear the sunset scene and green glow on Rockruff's eyes was pointing towards it.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The news we got today has gotten a lot of salt from people. I am fine with it.

I think the biggest problem is people saying it is just a recolor of Midday, which honestly makes sense. It has aspects of Midnight. I don't think everyone is seeing how different the Midday and Dusk actually are because it has the same body as Midday for most part.

I mean even Midday and Midnight are basically the same models, except one has more hair, stands on 2s and is red. If we get a Dawn, I think it will be the same with Midnight's body and some aspects of Midday.

I mean.... I don't know what people are expecting. Lycanroc are the same pokemon. They can't be totally different because then it wouldn't be a Lycanroc. Especially when they are the same type. It isn't like Oricorio that has 4 forms, by 4 different types apart from flying.

My question is this, how has Dusk and possibly Dawn Rockruff not been discovered in the anime till now? Is there a special power behind it? I mean the sun did turn green as Rockruff looked at it.

Years
  • It's looking pretty good btw, like I said it looks like a mix of the 2 Lycanroc. Can't wait to see it in anime

It's definitely going to be an improvement the S/M series will need, since it has not been well-received by me so far due to drastic formula changes and Ash being made into an unlikable overhyped kid.

Dusk Form giving Ash a reason to promote US/UM is a short step in the right direction, since Ash has never usually been the one to promote new features from an upcoming game before, though one could count his capture of Aipom during Battle Frontier as a foreshadowing to it eventually evolving into the then-new evolution Ambipom after it joined Dawn's team in exchange for Buizel.

Then there was Ash-Greninja as his ace in Kalos, though like the Ambipom situation, didn't debut in the games until the next generation.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I do hope they don't pull another Greninja and have Ash release Lycanroc. I be ticked if they do that. It is his first fully evolved rock type.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know if he will release Lycanroc. It might stay with Prof. Kukui.

I hope this is foreshadowing more story telling though instead of filler fest. Big Island is next, which is the largest island in the saga. Team Skull's base is also here and the story starts ramping up on Big Island as well. Although, they still have a few places left to go on Akala before they move on.

Thinking the will be goign to Ather soon, maybe so that the Aether Foundation can look at his Lycanroc.

If there is a Dawn Lycanroc, I kinda want Lillie to get it, although I don't think it would really match her character.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Dawn Lycanroc is likely to not exist or go to some random trainer. As long as lillie does not get it then it is fine either way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Ash's Rockruff is going to evolve into the Dusk form. That's really cool and i do hope he keep Lycanroc on his Alola team, we don't need to see another Greninja and Goodra thing happening all over again.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Hmm if you think about it Dusk Form Lycanroc maybe the "TRUE" or "PUREST" Rockruff evolution... as Rockruff apparently doesn't need the influence of Solgaleo or Lunala to evolve into this Dusk form.

As if you remember:
    Lycanroc (Midday Form)
    Type: Rock
    In the world of Pok?mon Sun, Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, and Solgaleo?s influence causes this Pok?mon to evolve into Lycanroc?s Midday Form.

Lycanroc (Midnight Form)
    Type: Rock
    In the world of Pok?mon Moon, Rockruff is bathed in an abundance of lunar energy, and Lunala?s influence causes this Pok?mon to evolve into Lycanroc?s Midnight Form.

Source
    https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I was already unimpressed with the design of this thing (an orange Midday Lycanroc, big whoop), but after learning that it's event only, I'm even less so. Looks like we have another Ash-Greninja here, aka. a marketing-driven special snowflake evolution designed solely for the Eternal Twerp. :rolleyes2:

Years
  • I was already unimpressed with the design of this thing (an orange Midday Lycanroc, big whoop), but after learning that it's event only, I'm even less so. Looks like we have another Ash-Greninja here, aka. a marketing-driven special snowflake evolution designed solely for the Eternal Twerp. :rolleyes2:

Heck, a YouTuber named SilverLeagueNetworks actually thought of the same thing in one of his latest videos. Dusk Lycanroc also reminded me of Ash-Greninja as well, so you're not alone.

Back