• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Haha, after being without power for three days, I made my first RP post back count XD

I had more confidence in my sanity without electricity than anyone else in my family... I just thought I'd share that with you all :b

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I'm curious about my own RP, P3K.

I'm not getting many people to apply. I suspect it's that people either aren't interested in journey RPs or that they don't want to read the introduction thread because it is sort of long. :/

Made some significant edits to cut down on the size of the RP's intro.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I love your avvie Scarf Blade~~~ /Rave ftw //random

You're a good GM, Rika! I can't wait to join another one of your RPs someday! /if you do remake Darkrai's Balloon (I think you were talking about it a while ago?) I would totally love to join~

And to answer Shawn's question from earlier, my first (and only RP, so far) was somewhat inspired by a random map I spliced and stuff on MS Paint. The magical kid one was inspired by the fact that there could've been a Madoka Magica RP, but the plot itself was kind of something I thought up, since I wanted it to be dark and not all "happy happy love love".

Finally, I think my Roleplaying might slow down drastically. Not only do I have school, but I also have to prepare for college. I think I'll try and be in a couple here, but Idk how active I can be ._.;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Not sure if this is this the right place to ask this question and I apologize if this is spam but in the RP threads on here does my character have to be a human or a pokemon in most of not all of the RP threads on here?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Well, to figure that out you simply have to look at the SU in each and every RP! You can also look at the Plot/Story, but it's much quicker to look at the SU :B After all, I doubt an SU for a Pokemon wouldn't include what Species you are and ask if there's any difference in Appearance rather than ask that you write at least one paragraph on how you look.

A lot of RPs also generally have you RP as a "human" (that is, sometimes the human is not fully human), but there are some that will let you sign up as a Pokemon and a Pokemon alone if you want.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Not sure if this is this the right place to ask this question and I apologize if this is spam but in the RP threads on here does my character have to be a human or a pokemon in most of not all of the RP threads on here?

I guess it depends on the RP. Sometimes you play as a trainer(human), sometimes a pokemon. Some threads offer options of what to play as, so it varies.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Roswell got it XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Just curious to know whether there's a limit for how many RPs you can have running at once. Is it as many as you can handle without compromising yourself in any way, or can you only have one or two? (I was bitten by the inspiration bug last night. Twice.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Okay, thanks for the info there Roswell and SweetDreams.

I was hoping to be a fully human character when posting a bio TBH but I'll look at the RP threads and see what's interesting enough right now.

Again, thanks for the info.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
@Eight: It doesn't say anything in the Rules about how many RPs you can have at a time, and as far as I know (though I could be well off on this) there isn't a limit and probably won't be (after all, it's not like there's only one confident GM out there, not to mention the RPs still have to be approved and whatnot), so you can make as many as you like!...so long as you can handle them.

I think a lot of people only make one or two RPs because it's a lot to manage, you know? Not only that, but you may be in a couple other RPs already. So on top of managing your own RPs, you'd have to stay active in the RPs you're already in, which is a lot of work. Add in school/your job/insert some other real life situation here, and you may just be setting yourself up for a stressful time!

(Maddy or Rika or Loki or some other ex-RP Mod, feel free to correct me on any of this :P)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Even right now, I'm running 3 RPs; only because I'm trying out different ideas...I've got a lot more! But, I'm only trying 3 so far because then I won't keep up with my own RP threads. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't think I'll join more RPs than my own this time. Life is life and I can only afford to spend a small portion of it on PC. But if you've got lots of freetime, you can probably afford being in 2 or 3 RPs on top of managing one of your own.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
I'm curious about my own RP, P3K.

I'm not getting many people to apply. I suspect it's that people either aren't interested in journey RPs or that they don't want to read the introduction thread because it is sort of long. :/

Made some significant edits to cut down on the size of the RP's intro.

I know how you feel. My own RP, Vector Revolution, hasn't gotten much people attracted to it. I'll check P3K out, though.

*** Edit ***

It looks like an interesting RP, and it has my approval (you can take that as good or bad, I guess - w -' ), but I don't think I should take on any more RP's until I find out how much time I'll have to devote to school work. AP courses are going to naturally suck, but school in general will be eating up most of my time soon enough. Sorry Xlugon o ~ o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Okay, thanks for the quick responses and for the reminder about real life factors. You tend to forget about school and the like when you've been off since May. x:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Just remember, irl stuff is always more important than online stuff, no matter what :P I also forgot what it was like to be in school (though we got out in June...), which is why I've been considering only being active in a few RPs at a time.

I mean, hey, if you're super organized and have time for irl stuff and RPs, then that's good! But if you're like me and kind of unorganized, then you shouldn't force yourself to join/make so many RPs. Heck, even if some seem really interesting and you really want to join them, you should consider your health and business irl before jumping the gun and joining them! 'Course, if you're 150% sure you want in on some RP, there's always the option of dropping another RP. You can't have everything you want all the time, you know? And if you're afraid of disappointment, don't be! People need to understand that you have other stuff going on that cuts into your RPing time. And if they can't understand that, then they really don't have a life, if you ask me :P

/end somewhat lame and boring lecture about personal health and the like

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Haha, it's cool. I can get away with using role playing as a creative outlet when I go back to my studies next month - it's more the social aspects considering I'll be around more of my friends and I need to get a job to fund my living expenses. Of course, I know that real life stuff comes first, but I don't like letting people down in any way (especially when they've also dedicated their time and ideas).

I do only have three days of classes a week until Christmas though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I have a part time job and no school so I can afford to be on PC a lot. I'm hoping to start Uni next year though, so that may or may not cut my PC time considerably. I always have my phone so I can always check stuff on the go. <:

And to Eight; as many as you can manage, I say. Don't bite off more than you can chew!

Oh and everyone; I've decided to start linking to threads I've accepted in the "Check to See if Your Roleplay has been Accepted" thread. It takes a whole 3 seconds out of my time (since I usually have the thread open as I accept them) and makes it easier for everyone to check out the new threads available!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I think that's a capital idea, Skymin!

I always wanted an easier solution to that; because I occasionally check on that thread and try to match usernames.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT EASY TO BE LAZY <3

EDIT:

This thread is number 6,829,268 according to the url.

Thread number 6,829,267 is the the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Club, and thread number 6,829,269 is a thread asking how you would mod if you were one, and the first thing I saw were replies from two members that had My Little Pony: Frienship is Magic themes.

....Best. Thread Number. Ever.

Last edited:
Years
@Skymin: That was a great idea, now I don't have too use much effort into checking new plots out.

@Topic:
Neh, I'm not so active now. Just a stalker and lurker, commenting here and there if need be. Once my exams are over, I could return to my roleplaying career, but it is unconfirmed as of now. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back