• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Roleplayers Daily Chit-Chat Thread (◕‿◕✿)

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Speaking of which, anyone else have super cringey characters and do you or do you not like to go back and look at them? I actually like looking back because it gives me a certain sense of accomplishment that I no longer make such one-note characters lol.

i have a few super old SUs that were very simple characters when i started out as a ~13 year old, but other than that... i think i still write one-note characters lmao. but i like them/playing as them, so it's all good! haha

as for a Naruto RP... i'm actually somewhat in the mood for another Sword Art Online RP xd
    underdeveloped as it was, i quite liked my character in that a lot too, and it's a shame i never really brought it to fruition... i think it's one of the ones i actually thought of the most development for, surprisingly.

Nagi queen of rehashing

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh yeah, SAO! I never joined that RP that went on for a long time, but I was always kind of tempted to. Hmmm.

I'm generally bad with playing characters in a medieval setting, or at least I think I am.

Sayoko

small evening child
    Years
  • Hello! I'm new around these parts and I wasn't sure where else to ask this question, so I figured I'd put it here. Sorry if it's in the wrong place?

Is it allowed to host roleplays that you already have a set cast for? I'd like to introduce some of my irl friends to forum roleplaying, and this seems like a good place to start out, since we want to try a kanto journey... But there is only three (maybe four) of us, so we'll probably want to try expanding the cast a little at least. Is that allowed?

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello! I'm new around these parts and I wasn't sure where else to ask this question, so I figured I'd put it here. Sorry if it's in the wrong place?

Is it allowed to host roleplays that you already have a set cast for? I'd like to introduce some of my irl friends to forum roleplaying, and this seems like a good place to start out, since we want to try a kanto journey... But there is only three (maybe four) of us, so we'll probably want to try expanding the cast a little at least. Is that allowed?
    Welcome to the RPTheatre then! You can talk about anything in this thread, so questions are definitely okay (:

While it's nice if you invite other players to participate, it's of course okay to host your RP here as long as it has at least 4 players. Post the sign-up thread with relevant information first in Roleplay Casting - even if you have predetermined players, you'll need to present a proper RP idea in order to convince us that the RP has enough planned direction to survive for a decent time. Have a look at other Casting threads to see how much information people usually give.

Once you have 4 or more players, predetermined or not, you can post an in-character thread in Roleplay Stage and start RPing!

Uggh so today I have a list of RP stuff to do:

- SU for Sekirei
    - Post in Kalos
    - Start on Astra

I don't like when RPing becomes a chore, but if you put it off for too long, that might happen haha. Trick is to get into the writing mode and just stay there for a bit (8

Last edited:

White Noise

A sound that's always heard, but never listened to
    Years
  • Hey there! I haven't been around PC for a while (4 or 5 years, actually), but I decided to come back with a fresh account to start roleplaying again. But... I don't really see many RPs that are accepting new applicants, and the ones I do see don't really spark my interest. :/ Perhaps I'm just a tad too picky. I'd love to make one, but I'm cursed with a bunch of interesting ideas floating around in my head combined with the lack of skill to put together a decent story for them.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey there! I haven't been around PC for a while (4 or 5 years, actually), but I decided to come back with a fresh account to start roleplaying again. But... I don't really see many RPs that are accepting new applicants, and the ones I do see don't really spark my interest. :/ Perhaps I'm just a tad too picky. I'd love to make one, but I'm cursed with a bunch of interesting ideas floating around in my head combined with the lack of skill to put together a decent story for them.
    Hi, welcome back! What did you use to be called, if I may ask? I used to be Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers back then (:

Hmmmm, what do you like, pokemon or non-pokemon? Actually I think there are a lot of new RPs popping up around now. There's a few journey style pokemon ones, there's a wild western (old though) one, there's a Harry Potter RP even.

But if you've got a lot of ideas, why not let us know here and see if someone's interested? Or if you've got a specific idea, maybe make a thread here in the Theatre for it under the Help Request prefix if you want help fleshing it out~

White Noise

Years
  • Hi, welcome back! What did you use to be called, if I may ask? I used to be Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers back then (:

Hmmmm, what do you like, pokemon or non-pokemon? Actually I think there are a lot of new RPs popping up around now. There's a few journey style pokemon ones, there's a wild western (old though) one, there's a Harry Potter RP even.

But if you've got a lot of ideas, why not let us know here and see if someone's interested? Or if you've got a specific idea, maybe make a thread here in the Theatre for it under the Help Request prefix if you want help fleshing it out~

Oh my gosh, I remember you! I always laughed whenever I saw that username :p I used to be chef30 (yes, I know, I was a laughable RPer back then)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'd love to make one, but I'm cursed with a bunch of interesting ideas floating around in my head combined with the lack of skill to put together a decent story for them.

I really feel you there. But I think that's one of the good things about sandbox type rps and co-gms. For sandbox rps you can provide an idea and some bare bones details and if other people like the idea as well they'll join in and flesh it out for you. Sometimes the story even creates itself, causing you to throw away whatever story you had started to piece together from people's actions haha. And if you can find a co-gm who also likes your idea that just makes it even better/easier.

White Noise

Years
  • I really feel you there. But I think that's one of the good things about sandbox type rps and co-gms. For sandbox rps you can provide an idea and some bare bones details and if other people like the idea as well they'll join in and flesh it out for you. Sometimes the story even creates itself, causing you to throw away whatever story you had started to piece together from people's actions haha. And if you can find a co-gm who also likes your idea that just makes it even better/easier.
    Boy, that sure would be nice. Every RP I tried to make back a few years ago would just die because I honestly had no idea where I was going with the story. I might take a stab at the whole process once more if I have the time, but I'm not quite sure which idea I should go with. Perhaps I should first post a thread to check if anyone is interested.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Boy, that sure would be nice. Every RP I tried to make back a few years ago would just die because I honestly had no idea where I was going with the story. I might take a stab at the whole process once more if I have the time, but I'm not quite sure which idea I should go with. Perhaps I should first post a thread to check if anyone is interested.
    I remember you! :3

First of all you should totally join the Meta Journey (; join Kanto or Hoenn!!

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    AaronStaticBattle.png

White Noise

Years
  • I remember you! :3

First of all you should totally join the Meta Journey (; join Kanto or Hoenn!!

Okay, I will definitely look into it ^.^ I've never been that good when it comes to roleplaying Pokémon battles, but I could give it a go once more.

Also, I love the Undertale references :3

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay, I will definitely look into it ^.^ I've never been that good when it comes to roleplaying Pokémon battles, but I could give it a go once more.

Also, I love the Undertale references :3
    Oh, the Meta Journey doesn't involve any battling yet. Maybe in some optional event at some point. Basically you just pick a region and starter and then you can collect Theatre/Stage posts to use as payments to simply collect pokémon and build a team that way~!

Back