• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Tutoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    [/lazy]

<;TUTOR FORM;>
    Username/Internet Alias:ageangel
    Real Name or Nickname that you go by:Ace
    Means of contact (preferably a Live/MSN account; although e-mail is just as good):[email protected]
    What you are interested in Tutoring for:Music insertion and editing the music{making the music instrument to work with the rom}
    Proof of Work (For each subject you would like to Tutor; five examples max, at least three):Tittlescreen
    Pallet Town
    Check Mitchel1 thread on the music{i insert it}
    Gary_Production hack too
    and i make a tut
    Timezone:I don't know what to put here{but i live in singapore[ASIA]}
    What times you can be tutoring (day, time):06.00 am onwards{following the time here}
    Interests (things you like; used to build a compatible pair, and attempt to make friends):Like to make many friends..Interested in making tiles/sprites..Making a hack{LoL}
    How many students can you handle at once? (one to three; if you can only take on one at a time, that is perfectly fine):2 or 3{Depens on how fast can the students picks the skill}

Your Pc Buddy,
    Ageangel

Well, looks to me that you certainly know how to insert music, and we're at a lack of music inserters right now, so.. You're in. :3

Yeah, I know you got it from me, but it's still a good idea, isn't it? ;)
    If you need help on that subject, just ask as I'm quite experienced.
    Regarding ASM... the problem is simply there aren't many people willing to teach it and those that would aren't experienced enough probably.
    Just one thing: whatever tutor you choose for whatever reason, never go over (high) standards. Otherwhise we would get people learning wrong things or something.

EDIT: forgot something. 12. Other Aspects (Making Tools) and 13. Other Aspects (Writing Documents/Tutorials).

Wait.. so you don't want me to discuss standards (what they need to know beforehand) for the students that want to learn ASM with the Tutors? I think I'm misreading you here.. :/

Also, the reason why I didn't put something similar to Making Tools and Writing Docs/Tuts is that, well, I felt that it really had nothing to do with learning parts of hacking, which is what this thread was originally for. If someone can make a convincing argument, though, I'd let it through. :3

Now, off to go edit in Students, and begin hooking up Tutors! Yeah! :3

NatureKeeper

Real Name or Nickname that you go by: Neon or Donn
    Means of contact (preferably a Live/MSN account, although email is just as good): [email protected]\Pokécommunity PM
    What you are interested in learning: Advanced Scripting
    Timezone: GMT Time Zone
    What times you can be tutored: 14:00 to 16:00
    Interests: Scripting and Catching Tough Legendaries. :P
    Specific Tutor: No one. Some one who can maybe give detailed and understanding explaning.

My work: I have a honey tree script using the very special command that is used in Rock Smash's wild battling. I am also working on a rock climb script that uses Rock Slide as Rock Climb. Honey Tree works perfectly but not the exact same as D\P, 'that's why I'm here, to learn thing such as check daily flags' it only gives a chance of encountering a honey tree POKéMON as soon as you put the honey. I want to make you wait for a day and until the day's over it keeps saying 'This tree has honey already on it, and then after you check in a day, you get a chance of meeting the POKéMON and the honey is removed. I have all knowledge in that, I just need to learn using daily flags. However, I'm not posting them. A tutor might want to PM me to see my work, but sorry I cannot post it, it's text and it cannot be watermarked...

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Username/Internet Alias:07harris
    Real Name or Nickname that you go by:Haz
    Means of contact (preferably a Live/MSN account, although email is just as good) MSN - [email protected] or pm
    What you are interested in learning: Simple Mapping, Spriting(other), Graphical Hacking
    Timezone:GMT
    What times you can be tutored (day, time) [please include all that apply]: 17:30 - 20:00
    Interests:story making, watching tv, making banners
    Looking for a specific Tutor? not really

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What you are interested in learning: Simple Mapping, Spriting(other), Graphical Hacking

There are two categories of Graphical Hacking. Please specify. Also, please try to limit them to two; I don't want anyone to come and try to sign up for all ten at once. :/

Also, amtrax and Arcues9948 have both been taken on by Surf under Simple Scripting. Surf will also take Colorful Summer under Advancing Scripting when finished. So, I will be removing all three of those from the list. :3

Have a nice day.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
    Years
    <;STUDENT FORM;>
    Username/Internet Alias: BananasGoMoo
    Real Name or Nickname that you go by: Gabe
    Means of contact (preferably a Live/MSN account, although email is just as good): Email:
    [email protected]
    AIM: Snowballs3776573 MSN (rarely used): [email protected] Youtube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/ig0tski11z
    What you are interested in learning: Simple/Intermediate Scripting, Other Aspects (Storylines)
    Timezone: Pacific Time, GMT -8
    What times you can be tutored (day, time) [please include all that apply]: Any day (usually), between 6PM and 12AM
    Interests: Video Games, Video Game Making, Pokemon, The Sims, Osu!, Windows 7, Garrys Mod, Rom Hacks, IWBTG, etc...
    Looking for a specific Tutor? (I can attempt to hook you up; however, that is not guaranteed): nope

just message me (email) if you want me to get on MSN, as i dont check it regularly.

i absolutely suck when it comes to storylines, and i havent been using hacking tools in a while, so i may be a little slow at first, lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Normally, I'd agree, but this is just an idea right now. Hopefully, though, it'll bud up into a big part of the community. But until I start kicking the ball so it can roll, we don't really have anything here. So, until then, I hope this does not get stickied. ;3

Thank you, though.

Yeah,i hope all the starter hackers come here to improve.
    I ment the whole idea,its very good.

Hmm...i thought of something...why don't you give the students who are good enough some kind of graduation emblem? So they can prove that they passed? Something like a diploma?

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011

Hmm...i thought of something...why don't you give the students who are good enough some kind of graduation emblem? So they can prove that they passed? Something like a diploma?

Well, not a lot of us are good at Photoshop or anyhing, so we can't make a diploma.

Side note: The guy I'm tutoring, amtrax, is coming along great!

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    Username/Internet Alias: Haz
    Real Name or Nickname that you go by: Haz
    Means of contact (preferably a Live/MSN account, although email is just as good: [email protected] or P.C pm.
    What you are interested in learning: Simple scripting and Spriting (Other)
    Timezone: Australian Eastern Standerd Time.
    What times you can be tutored (day, time) [please include all that apply]: Most afternoons and mornings.
    Looking for a specific Tutor? (I can attempt to hook you up; however, that is not guaranteed): Nah I'll be good.

Last edited:

Exon

Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    <;STUDENT FORM;>
    Username/Internet Alias: Exon
    Real Name or Nickname that you go by: J
    Means of contact: Email (msn hates my comp...) I use gmail, which has a built in chat btw...and would prefer to give email addy only to those that need it...
    What you are interested in learning: Advanced Scripting
    Timezone: ...I'll get back to you on that...(seriously have no clue lol)
    What times you can be tutored (day, time) Usually early-mid day and late night are best...days usually don't matter, but if I know that I won't be on then I'll let my tutor know in advance
    Interests: PC, Hacking....Scripting....Hacking.....Fishing!

--Reasons for wanting a Tutor--
    1- To learn more complex scripting methodology.
    2- To learn why my hack isn't working anymore (which I'll explain in detail to my tutor)
    3- Who doesn't want to learn? ...lol?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Wait.. so you don't want me to discuss standards (what they need to know beforehand) for the students that want to learn ASM with the Tutors? I think I'm misreading you here.. :/

Also, the reason why I didn't put something similar to Making Tools and Writing Docs/Tuts is that, well, I felt that it really had nothing to do with learning parts of hacking, which is what this thread was originally for. If someone can make a convincing argument, though, I'd let it through. :3

Yeah, you're misreading it. I just said you should set up too low standards or something. If you want to discuss them, here I am. As for the other thing,.. hacking is anything about modifying a ROM. So they fit perfectly. I'm tired of seeing bad written tutorials and/or documents. Not to say useless/buggy tools.

At this point, it's just too early. Right now the key word is "organization".

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

Maybe, but I'll probably have to discuss that with someone. Someone staff-y. xD

Well, not a lot of us are good at Photoshop or anyhing, so we can't make a diploma.

Side note: The guy I'm tutoring, amtrax, is coming along great!

If I can, I could probably ask someone that's skilled at Photoshop and ask him/her to make it, and give credit for that in the first post.

Also, I'm waiting on replies for a few more Tutors, and then I'm going to mass-update that tutor listing post. 44tim44 has contacted me and informed me that he will not be able to Tutor until he gets a steady internet connection, so he will be absent for a little while. I'm also assuming that Samike is down for the count until July 21st, as well; at least, that's what was in his signature.

Edit: Did not notice HackMew's post. :x

HackMew said:
    Yeah, you're misreading it. I just said you should set up too low standards or something. If you want to discuss them, here I am. As for the other thing,.. hacking is anything about modifying a ROM. So they fit perfectly. I'm tired of seeing bad written tutorials and/or documents. Not to say useless/buggy tools.

Okay.

Don't forget pointless tutorials/documents, too. o.o
    Alright, I'll add that to the first post, but I don't know if a whole lot of people would end up going for it. :/

HackMew said:
    At this point, it's just too early. Right now the key word is "organization".

Yeah. Better to think about what's happening around you rather than what lies ahead.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe, but I'll probably have to discuss that with someone. Someone staff-y. xD

Isn't my opinion valuable enough? LOL

If I can, I could probably ask someone that's skilled at Photoshop and ask him/her to make it, and give credit for that in the first post.

If Photoshop is the problem, just ask me then. Again, it's just a minor thingy.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    Username/Internet Alias:AnimeFTW
    Real Name or Nickname that you go by:Seany
    Means of contact :MSN:[email protected]
    What you are interested in learning:Scripting
    Timezone:GMT Uk+IRE
    What times you can be tutored (day, time) [please include all that apply]:Bout 4-6pm
    Interests:Scripting,Mapping,Anime,Running

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    He meant Ray Maverick, not you.

Actually, that whole thing was a bit of confusion. I was posting, but didn't realize he posted, so I had to edit my post to include what I was going to say to him. But then he posted in accordance with my unedited post, so yeah. xD

Username/Internet Alias:AnimeFTW
    Real Name or Nickname that you go by:Seany
    Means of contact :MSN:[email protected]
    What you are interested in learning:Scripting
    Timezone:GMT Uk+IRE
    What times you can be tutored (day, time) [please include all that apply]:Bout 4-6pm
    Interests:Scripting,Mapping,Anime,Running
    Specify what kind of scripting please. Also, I have no idea what Uk+IRE means. I don't know what half of the timezones mean anyways D;

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    UK + IRE i *think* means UK/Ireland

also, did you see my post?

That was creepily fast. xD
    Yeah, I think I got that. :x

Yes, I did see your post. In order to not clutter up the thread, I've decided to not reply to the Student forms; I will only say something on the off chance you weren't accepted (which will only happen if you like joined here two days ago xP). Also, I think I said this:

me said:
    Also, I'm waiting on replies for a few more Tutors, and then I'm going to mass-update that tutor listing post.

Basically, I'm going to see if anyone else replies to my PMs that I sent out, and then I'm going to update the first two posts with.. well, basically everything. It might be a little while until I get more Students to have Tutors; as the Tutors are pretty full up right now, I think.

Also: When I send out notifications to Tutors, you should note that I basically list all of the people that signed up for that, with links to their Student forms. If I were you, guys, I'd make my form as appealing as possible; you know, using proper grammar, not using
    annoying colors, things like that. People will tend to pick the ones that look good. Just saying. :3

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
    Years

That was creepily fast. xD
    Yeah, I think I got that. :x

Yes, I did see your post. In order to not clutter up the thread, I've decided to not reply to the Student forms; I will only say something on the off chance you weren't accepted (which will only happen if you like joined here two days ago xP). Also, I think I said this:

Basically, I'm going to see if anyone else replies to my PMs that I sent out, and then I'm going to update the first two posts with.. well, basically everything. It might be a little while until I get more Students to have Tutors; as the Tutors are pretty full up right now, I think.

Also: When I send out notifications to Tutors, you should note that I basically list all of the people that signed up for that, with links to their Student forms. If I were you, guys, I'd make my form as appealing as possible; you know, using proper grammar, not using
    annoying colors, things like that. People will tend to pick the ones that look good. Just saying. :3

lol well i basically am on the forum all day. so i respond fast.

also, i use red because it looks better on the theme i use (dialgia vs palkia) than darker colors.

yellow is still annoying though. :P

also i didnt see that part about updating. okey dokey then. :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    lol well i basically am on the forum all day. so i respond fast.

also, i use red because it looks better on the theme i use (dialgia vs palkia) than darker colors.

yellow is still annoying though. :P

also i didnt see that part about updating. okey dokey then. :D

Yeah, but I mean, I posted that, got a soda, came back, and you had already posted by then. o.o

That was a general statement, not necessarily directed at you. ;3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back