• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Are there rom hacks similar to Pokémon sacred gold?(That don't change the story of the original game but just enhance the difficulty and render all Pokémon available)

Hello! Moved your post here, since ROM Hacks Studio, Progressing ROM Hacks and Slideshow Showcase are for showcasing your hack, and not for asking recommendations.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2023
    For ErSaccocio:
    I'd suggest Bloody Platinum for 4th gen and Blaze Black/Volt White for 5th gen hacks. They have greatly expanded pokedex ranges, a higher level curve, and an overall increase in difficulty of enemy teams, and so far as I'm aware, make no changes to the story or progression.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Is this one still in development?
    If yes I'll wait and try this and thanks for suggesting this. 😀

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    Fan games with no deadly difficulty

Is there a rom hack that has all the features up to gen 8 without being insanely difficult like radical red? Or a way to bump down the difficulty and remove the level cap of radical red?

Years
  • Is there a rom hack that has all the features up to gen 8 without being insanely difficult like radical red? Or a way to bump down the difficulty and remove the level cap of radical red?

Hi! Moved your post here; ROM Hacking Discussions is for discussions related to ROM hacking in general.

Years
  • Is there a rom hack that has all the features up to gen 8 without being insanely difficult like radical red? Or a way to bump down the difficulty and remove the level cap of radical red?

i dunno if it has all the features gen 8 offers since i never played that gen, but pokemon unbound has a heck of a lot of QoL upgrades compared to the usual romhacks (and even main series games). on top of that you can pick between easy, default, hard, or insane at the start of the game, which i love ofc bcs i'm a casual. it's the trending post right now on the romhacks subforum you should check it out if haven't already.

Years
    • Online now
    Unbound doesn't seem like updated to Gen 8, it features Pokémon up to gen 7 and (according to the readme document) some things such as Levitate Gengar, Gale Wings, Parental Bond and King's Shield stay super broken as in Gen 6 (no nerf).

Haven't found anything updated to gen 8 to play yet, I know there's Radical Red but they made a lot of fan-made type/ability changes and I don't like that, plus I'm pretty tired of Kanto :)

Alpha Snowdust

Eevee Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her or They/Them
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    Hey guys! I'm looking for a ROM Hack that has an increased shiny rate. I want to do a shiny-only run but I don't have the time (nor the patience tbh) to do it with the normal rate. I have tried Moon Emerald w/ the increased shiny rate for a normal run. And if I don't find anything that I like better I might just go with that (but I really would like a change of rom hack scenery tbh. I've been doing Moon Emerald for the past few weeks.) I would like it to be completed too.

I don't have a base game preference... most of the rom hacks I've explored are FireRed or Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald anyways. I might be more inclined to play hacks based in regions other than Hoenn... I'm getting tired of Birch tbh. I would prefer for it to be able to be played online without an emulator too... I can't download things with this Chromebook.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    Pokemon game I try out

I tried pokemon radical red - last fire red - supreme fire red - fire red now im not sure what pokemon game to try what will use recommend me

Alpha Snowdust

Eevee Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her or They/Them
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    I believe I started but never finished Saffron so that might be good! Thanks!

Edit: Just trying to find a complete version without having to download now. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I tried pokemon radical red - last fire red - supreme fire red - fire red now im not sure what pokemon game to try what will use recommend me

Hello! Moved your post here, since ROM Hacks Studio, Progressing ROM Hacks and Slideshow Showcase are for showcasing your hack, and not for asking recommendations.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    I give pokemon saffron a try it if I find complete rom thanks for the recommendations people

Years
    • Online now
    Looking for a rom hack or fan game that has:

-Good and challenging AI, like GS Chronicles or Radical Red.
    -Pokémon availability, moves and mechanics updated as close to Gen 7/8 as possible (no absurdities such as Gen 6 Gale Wings or Parental Bond).
    -No fan-made edits to Pokémon types, move sets, abilities, new megas, etc. (or at least as few as possible).
    -No overuse of megas, gym leaders/E4 using legendaries because, etc.

Years
  • Looking for a rom hack or fan game that has:

-Good and challenging AI, like GS Chronicles or Radical Red.
    -Pokémon availability, moves and mechanics updated as close to Gen 7/8 as possible (no absurdities such as Gen 6 Gale Wings or Parental Bond).
    -No fan-made edits to Pokémon types, move sets, abilities, new megas, etc. (or at least as few as possible).
    -No overuse of megas, gym leaders/E4 using legendaries because, etc.

Try Pokémon Unbound.

Years
  • the current version of pokemon saffron is outdated,alpha snowdust,its gonna have alot of stuff like unbound, (im stuck on the 4 th gym in unbound)

Back