• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Are there any games with Mega Evolutions just as an add-on, and not permanent?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Fusion hacks of HG/SS,B/W&BW2?

A while ago,I found this amazing hack of fire red called ultra violet,which let you catch all the Pokemon in the National dex in the same version,and I was wondering if there's a hack like this for the gen 2 remakes and the gen 5 games?

Now,to be clear,what I am really asking is if there is a hack of the above games which act like fusions of the games,removeing the version exclusively and need to trade to evolve,while adding ways to get the event only Pokemon/play their events (which is impossible nowadays) in a sort of "golden soul" version,as well as a "grey&grey 2" versions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Raw Adventure-Style Pokemon Games

Are there any Rom Hacks with just no plot? No evil team, nothing to distract you from the gym challenge if you don't choose to? I've been looking back on Pokemon games and I realized the plots usually kill the vibe for me. I kind of want to just travel a region, challenge it's league and explore it's mysteries. Any Pokemon fangames really.

Years
  • A while ago,I found this amazing hack of fire red called ultra violet,which let you catch all the Pokemon in the National dex in the same version,and I was wondering if there's a hack like this for the gen 2 remakes and the gen 5 games?

Now,to be clear,what I am really asking is if there is a hack of the above games which act like fusions of the games,removeing the version exclusively and need to trade to evolve,while adding ways to get the event only Pokemon/play their events (which is impossible nowadays) in a sort of "golden soul" version,as well as a "grey&grey 2" versions.

Are there any Rom Hacks with just no plot? No evil team, nothing to distract you from the gym challenge if you don't choose to? I've been looking back on Pokemon games and I realized the plots usually kill the vibe for me. I kind of want to just travel a region, challenge it's league and explore it's mysteries. Any Pokemon fangames really.

Hello! Both of your posts have been moved to the Fan Game Recommendations thread, as you were requesting a recommendation.
    Cheers!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Need help finding a game please

Anyone know of a hack or fan made game with the Pokemon world tournament in it or something similar and the ability to randomize the game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    Hello :)
    is there any rom hack with Pokémon of generation 8 only.
    I would love it if it was emerald style. I do not want story , i just want to play with new Pokémons. :)

Years
  • Hmm i dont like it because you start and see raticate and all pokemons is so random. You see 2 lvl charizard etc

Really? I haven't actually played it, but since a lot of people recommend it, I thought I'd do the same. You can have luck in Saffron Demo v3 then, but it hasn't been released.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    I wanna one game like moon emerald. Old story with the new gen pokemons
    I try the saffron thanks :)

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    So I just failed miserably at a Fool's Gold Nuzlocke (amazing game if you haven't tried it, I loved how quirky the Pokemon designs were). I'm looking for a hack where I can go in blind and do a satisfying Nuzlocke-- something that isn't too story-driven and is relatively challenging, but not as sadistically difficult as something like Vega or Radical Red.

Years
  • So I just failed miserably at a Fool's Gold Nuzlocke (amazing game if you haven't tried it, I loved how quirky the Pokemon designs were). I'm looking for a hack where I can go in blind and do a satisfying Nuzlocke-- something that isn't too story-driven and is relatively challenging, but not as sadistically difficult as something like Vega or Radical Red.

You can try something like Mega Blue or Delta Emerald.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm looking for a rom hack or fan game that has this:
    -Competent trainer AI
    -Pokémon rooster/moves/mechanics as close to gen VII or VIII as possible
    -Fair battle rules (No items in battle, level caps, etc.)

But that does not have this:
    -Fanmade changes to Pokémon types (such as making Lapras Water-Dragon or Electivire Electric-Fighting), changed abilities or learn sets.
    -Kanto as the main region

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2020
    Hi, I'm looking for a hack that has:
    - a completable dex
    - updated movesets
    - physical special split

But does NOT have:
    - changes in mons' stats
    - changed evolution methods
    - easily available items (like TMs or event items in marts)
    - silly fanfic
    - mons cut from the dex

I don't think it's too specific to ask for but if nothing like this exists I'm considering just making my own hack series following these rules.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2023
    I used to play a ton of ROM hacks and fangames quite a while ago, but I hadn't really checked on very much of what's being made now. It's pretty amazing how far things have come since the days of stuff like Quartz! However, I'm also more than a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options around now. I took a peek around the Showcases and the Hall of Fame (along with this thread), but I was wondering what you folks suggest. Is there any particular game you really, really enjoyed?

Major pluses for me would be a ROM hack or fangame that has:
    -An original region without too much focus on story. A lot of these story focused hacks tend to get a bit melodramatic for my taste, and the ones in old regions have sort of a "Been there, done that" feel sometimes.
    -Some crazy new mechanic. Mega Evolutions and regional forms are all well and good, but is there anything out there that does something really wild?
    -A lack of random difficulty spikes or focus on competitive teams prior to postgame. The kind of Pokemon I use in normal gameplay and the ones in competitive are wildly different. I want to be able to use my Dunsparce in peace.

I'm not expecting to find things that meet all of the criteria, but that's sort of my ideal wish list. While I'm here, I figure I'd drop a few general recommendations of my own for anyone else reading this thread.

I really enjoyed Focas Lens' Puppet Dance Performance/幻想人形演舞 and expansion. It's far and away the most polish I've seen in a fangame. I'd imagine it's pretty hard to get legitimately in the west as they don't ship internationally (Though they do sell it digitally), and if you don't know Touhou, I'd imagine it's pretty hard to get into a Touhoumon standalone game. It has some pretty fantastic quality of life features like the 6th gen EXP share, along with a slew of original ones like a shared resource gained like exp used for swapping abilities, moves, and purchasing EVs. There's also some interesting mechanical changes, like instead of evolving, a level 30 everyone gets to pick a specialization that changes learn lists, abilities, and sometimes typing as well. It has a very fair difficulty curve, a stupid amount of content with the expansion in place, and a wonderful soundtrack. It's also in full Japanese, but I'd imagine there's patches floating around to change that.

The novelty of the Crystal Randofuser is still absolutely crazy to me. It's a randomizer that mixes evolution lines of the same stages with proper difficulty checks and consistency so routes and trainer's teams make some kind of sense. I had a great time playing through it over the course of a lazy afternoon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Hello Everyone,
    Can someone suggest me a Rom Hack with all gen Pokemon, Mega Evolution and graphics like Fire Red. Would love to hear your answers.
    Thank You.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
  • Personally, i myself would like a hack of any gen 3 gba game and change it to take place in the Orre region, with shadow Pokemon, cipher, and lots of johto Pokemon. Maybe even add megas in too! If you decide to make this, i will certainly be the first to download.

Years
  • Hello Everyone,
    Can someone suggest me a Rom Hack with all gen Pokemon, Mega Evolution and graphics like Fire Red. Would love to hear your answers.
    Thank You.

Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2021
    Hack roms

Are there rom hacks similar to Pokémon sacred gold?(That don't change the story of the original game but just enhance the difficulty and render all Pokémon available)

Back