• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sacred Ash

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Time to revive an old topic.

Anyway, for those who caught Ho-oh in HG/SS, what did you do with the Sacred Ash that it held?

As for me, I didn't do anything with it because it's limited in supply and using it at the wrong time could be a waste.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I've never come across a situation where I would need it, so no, I've never used it. Revives and Hyper Potions work well enough for me. To be honest, the fact that it cannot be used in battle makes it nearly useless.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I kept it and never used it. I always stayed stocked with Full Restores and Revives and things, so it pretty much just sat there since I never came across a need for me to use it.

Years
  • I planned on saving it for my first battle against Red as a last resort, but didn't know that you couldn't actually use it in battle. If you could, I might have just used it for convenience rather than wasting a bunch of turns trying to revive my Pokemon, but as it stood, I never even bothered to use it.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • You know you can get two, right? Oak's aid between Pewter and Viridian hands it out in the check point building south of DIGGLET's Cave.

But anyway, I was under the assumption it was a battle item, to which, in my time of need (during battle) it proved useless. So it's probably going to stay right there. In my bag.
    Because there is no f'in Item Storage PC... :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If Ho-oh had provided a more useful item upon capture, I'd probably have considered capturing it instead of just letting it faint for the experience. So... no Sacred Ash for me, unfortunately. But, I guess it had to be included just to complete the update from GSC; it'd probably have been slightly weird if it wasn't there.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I kept it; had no need to use it (I suppose it can be useful inbetween battles in say the E4), and often had enough ordinary healing items to manage as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Time to revive an old topic.
    I'm going to pretend this was intentional because it is such a good pun.

Anyhow, I agree with everyone else on the sacred ash. It would be useful if it could be used in battle, but otherwise it's just a much faster alternative to five revives and six hyper potions. Without being usable in battle, there's no "too awesome to use" factor going for it. May as well use the thing if you ever have five Pokemon fainted and aren't willing to fly to a Pokemon Center.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    The fact that there was only two available in the game made my brain immediately think "TOO IMPORTANT - DO NOT USE." with flashing red alarms and sirens and everything. Which is a shame, since I can think of a few situations where it may have been handy. But I just can't bring myself to use it, so it ends up being left alone in my bag.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I never used it. First I had no occasion to use it, and then, like some other people, I wanted to keep it as it is a rare item.

Richard Nixon

Banned
    Years
  • I Used them when I was training a team of Exploding Electrodes at Mt Silver. It's ok cause i wasn't planning on using them when i discovered that i couldn't use them during the batlle against Red. Man it was annoying when i found that out. :cross-eye

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I never saw the point of it. The game is too easy to need it. The only time where it might be useful is against Red, but it isn't a battle item.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I kept it as a collector's item just to show off, I recall finding 2 of them at some point though.

I bring you to my first response in this thread...

Me said:
    You know you can get two, right? Oak's aid between Pewter and Viridian hands it out in the check point building south of DIGGLET's Cave.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I didn't use it. :x I wanted to keep it because it was rare and I like to say I still have rare items. :3

Back