• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Pokemon movie

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2019
    So I just watched the I choose you Pokemon movie and I was not ready. This movie had me in tears and I'm almost 30 pretty on par with the Nina scene from FMA. What's the year jerker for you?

Years
  • The 5th movie Heroes: Latios and Latios. It's a well-made, but also I think the most somber in tone overall. I can't believe how much suffering Annie and Oakley caused. The ending really tore me up. Saddest pokemon movie in my book.

Years
  • Heroes was very sad, yes. I also cried during the last scene for Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Both are probably tied for me, but I absolutely adore them still!!

Years
  • almost all pokemon movies have sad elements and moments, I don't even know how to rate them.
    heroes is a good one. it helps that the atmosphere has a darker (or rather somber) tone. poor latios :((
    the entei one is a bit more unfortunate than sad but I find it heartbreaking how the little girl just wanted a caring mom and dad. a complete family

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Heroes and Lucario are definitely up there for me. The Victini is one as well albeit for different reasons and thus not one I could really say is "sad" for me.

Wishmaker is also sad honestly especially if you're a fan of Max. Max and Jirachi was cute af.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • The Volcanian/Megearna movie.

I hate that film so much. Its dark, depressing, wicked scary, and just shows too much how unkind humanity can be (i won't even go INTO detail about IN WHAT WAYS....) :( Why did Pokemon make a movie like this one?.....

The only thing I can respect about this film, at all, is that it happens to be the only film Korrina plays any part in (she's battling alain in the intro).

Because I love Korrina so much, thats the one thing in this film i'll look at willingly. But the whole rest of the film was just pure sadness and darkness. It made mega evolved pokemon look like demonic monsters, too....(the way they all ganged up on the heroes and seemed all 'possessed'. WHAT A WAY to ruin a pokemon film....>/)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Dude, the Latios and Latias movie crushed my soul... also Lucario because of course my favorite Pokemon needs to be within that very small group of Pokemon that died in the anime...

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    The ORigin of Mewtwo: the deaths of Aitwo/Ambertwo and the other clones--her final moments spent comforting Mewtwo. ;____; Professor Fuji's story is also quite tragic and then, then comes the chilling final line in the movie proper.

Jirachi - Wishmaker: as soon as May starts humming her mother's lullaby and Chiisaki Mono/A Small Thing kicks in, I am gone. Utterly defeated. Such a deep and close bond with a little kid is necessary for Jirachi to wake up, but then, it can only stay awake for a week, before sleeping for a thousand years... it's such a tragic thing, there's so many sad playmates who never see Jirachi again. ;___;

The Guardians of Alto-Mare: Latios' final sightsharing with his sister and everyone breaks my heart. That glass-like tinkling of their claws as their paws separate.... ;_;
    How the world looks, shrinking away, as his soul leaves the earth...
    Misty's line where she softly says, as the planet shrinks away into just a distant, quiet sphere in space:
    "It's our world... it's so blue."

Victini and the White/Black Hero: Reshiram/Zekrom: Ash suffocating from air deprivation, altitude sickness, and freezing to death, the light already leaving his eyes, but he's still shedding tears [that freeze before they shatter on the ground!!!], and with the last of his strength, just apologizing to Victini... it's so noble and selfless and heartbreaking.

Spoiler:

Pokemon I Choose You!: Souji/Sorrel's backstory, which also makes how cautious he is about Pokemon and bad weather good foreshadowing.

Everyone's Story/The Power of Us: Harriet's backstory, which makes the insults and assumptions made about her by those rowdy kids in the beginning hurt that much more.

Last edited:

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • Celebi's death scene in the 4th movie was so sad and the revival scene was even sadder because the music was so beautiful and it made me cry.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemon Heroes, for sure. Latios sacrificing himself was just really...really sad. Pokemon 4ever made me cry as a kid, so that one is another one of the saddest for me.

Back