• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Santa's Murdershop 2018 [THERE WILL BE AN END POST AT SOME POINT I SWEAR]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have to agree that, while the phrasing of Neon's post was iffy, I believe it was more the case of someone just not reading the OP rather than someone being scummy. So I disagree (for now) about throwing a vote his way because of his misreading. God forbid I've done that before when a new phase changed over.

Meanwhile I'm not exactly sure where Aldo is coming from re: doof. Unless I, ironically, didn't read Doof's post correctly I don't see how it can relate to him not being the turkey or the gingerbread. The only thing I see about doof possible being mafia is what gimme said about him jumping on Neon for not reading the OP which to me isn't exactly a viable reason right now.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Sparkin's post was about a page top and all metroid said was the night could have gone worse, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, or whether or not you think they're suspicious.
    I was saying that both didn't read Nakuzami's post.

Also not sure where you're coming from about Doof because famine starting had nothing do with who died, famine was going to start at the beginning regardless just due to the turkey being in the game. Even though your reasoning doesn't make sense I'm also going to ask why you aren't voting Doof if you think he's mafia?

Meanwhile I'm not exactly sure where Aldo is coming from re: doof. Unless I, ironically, didn't read Doof's post correctly I don't see how it can relate to him not being the turkey or the gingerbread.

It's not about whether famine had already started or not. Reading Doof's post and his later post, he says he assumed famine started because the elf-baker had died, which Kitty explained that was just an idea she had. I think he would make a calm post about famine if he were either Gingerbread or Turkey, because as Gingerbread Man, he could still give bread to other players to allow them to survive a longer time, and as Turkey he would still have a chance to win.

Even though your reasoning doesn't make sense I'm also going to ask why you aren't voting Doof if you think he's mafia?
    At the moment I made the post, I was waiting for more input from other players.

If mafia kills turkey we don't get food though?
    Ah. I had thought killing them by any means would give us food.

##Vote Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Maybe im just tl;dr didn't read all of it but slight suss feels on doof and metroid for the neon thing. They said the same thing but with different words. Actually no they used pretty much the same words. Like its one thing to point it out its another to get a lynch off it

Also neons post was still helpful imo he gave his input on what he can give inputs on (posters analysis)

But its just a feel so

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • There is too much to discuss that I feel like following random lynches is equivalent to attempting to erase the discussion.

I would assume Sparkin and metroid come from the same source, since their posts are similar, so both didn't read the phase post carefully.

Bidoof's first post is enough to warrant he's neither the Gingerbread Man nor the Turkey. Knowing he's not the Turkey (basing this the fact that his reaction to famine starting was genuine). I'm speculating that his genuinity is due to him being mafia that changed the kill from someone else and created famine.

Also, it seems the other posters forget that Gingerbread Man can opt to give bread to town and then create a situation where only town are against the Turkey, which can be a backup option if lynching mafia doesn't work for the next days.

(Lowkey hoping mafia kills Turkey)

I was saying that both didn't read Nakuzami's post.

It's not about whether famine had already started or not. Reading Doof's post and his later post, he says he assumed famine started because the elf-baker had died, which Kitty explained that was just an idea she had. I think he would make a calm post about famine if he were either Gingerbread or Turkey, because as Gingerbread Man, he could still give bread to other players to allow them to survive a longer time, and as Turkey he would still have a chance to win.

At the moment I made the post, I was waiting for more input from other players.

Ah. I had thought killing them by any means would give us food.

##Vote Bidoof FTW

Got quite the long arms with a reach like this. Going to be 100% real with all of you I had not fully read the OP when I made my first post and based it off of the ideas of Kitty the post before, which would explain my complete ignorance on the famine. Got a little excited about a mechanic we don't often see and seeing it occur d1 was interesting (again, wasn't aware of the facts). To say that I must be mafia because of my confusion is a tad ridiculous.

I find Aldo acknowledging people for not reading the OP but also not having a firm grasp on the roles himself is a bit of a pain. I don't like your reach on me and pointing out things you have made a mistake with yourself are too things that ping me. [##Vote] Aldo.

Years
  • ##unvote Bidoof FTW
    ##vote Metroid

I've decided to change. I'm not giving Bidoof a town read or anything of the sort but of the two Metroid feels worse for the previous outlined reasons.

Sparkin

Random vote, will def change this later when i read

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Got quite the long arms with a reach like this. Going to be 100% real with all of you I had not fully read the OP when I made my first post and based it off of the ideas of Kitty the post before, which would explain my complete ignorance on the famine. Got a little excited about a mechanic we don't often see and seeing it occur d1 was interesting (again, wasn't aware of the facts). To say that I must be mafia because of my confusion is a tad ridiculous.
    This still doesn't give me an idea of what your alignment is. In other words, that's a NAI explanation. You could say the same thing as town or mafia or even thirds. And, if we're talking about reaches...

It looks like Neon Sword made a post without reading a single part of the thread so I'm going to throw my vote his way

[##Vote] Neon Sword
    You voted someone who explicitly said they didn't know about the roles, and by the reasoning that they didn't read the thread. If they didn't, they wouldn't be able to give out townreads.

I find Aldo acknowledging people for not reading the OP but also not having a firm grasp on the roles himself is a bit of a pain. I don't like your reach on me and pointing out things you have made a mistake with yourself are too things that ping me. [##Vote] Aldo.
    The first step towards self-improvement is acknowledging that you're wrong. Therefore I don't see what wrong I did by doing it.

##Unvote Bidoof FTW
    ##Vote No One

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Its past noon which means the day is about to end. I don't feel anyone is super suss so I'll go ahead and random vote someone who hasnt spoken at all this phase

##Vote Charlie Brown

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2019
    Ah geez where to start with this. There weren't as many accusations during this as there were leans. But the main one I'm getting a bad feeling from is Neon. Mainly due to the fact that he said hes saying he can't contribute anything of use. There is always a way to be helpful. But the fact that irks me is that he just immediately points fingers. Based off a couple messages. Then after pointing fingers he second thinks himself in the same post...yeah I'm just gonna vote for him. I just get bad vibes.
    vote Neon Sword
    Honestly, this vote feels as if Metorid is reaching to hard to make a case. Firstly, I stated that I'm not great with all the roles and I'm very confused so I will not be of much help to the discussion of roles however I said that I am able to contribute with analysis of players which I expect to be of some helpful use, I find it odd how Metroid kind of twists my words about what I said about not being able to contributing to role discussion to mean that I said I can't contribute at all. Secondly, I was giving my early D1reads as a means to which to generate discussion, as I have seen plenty of other players do, I stated who I thought who could've said more, I wanted to hear more from these people so I could get a better read (which I have done now) in no way did I immediately point fingers at you with a definitive read.
    ##vote: Metroid711
    The way in which he responds to someone saying they would like to hear more from them to get a better read suggests to me that he's scared of even a little shade being cast on him (iirc mafia are the most likely to overreact to someone who even may slightly cast a little shade on them which I similar to what Metroid has done if you can understand what I mean) as he's hiding something.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Night One
    Sunlight lasted longer than it was meant to. The denizens of the North Pole felt betrayed. Why would mother nature lie to them so? In the end, the sun eventually fell, and night enveloped the icy landscape once more.

As the light of day died down, the people of the pole decided that someone needed to die in order to preserve their cheerful way of life.

metroid711
    gimmepie
    Pecilia
    Sawsbuck
    Neon Sword
    Abby
    EvilChameleon
    Ash
    Salzorrah
    Aldo
    Bidoof FTW
    Charlie Brown
    Sparkin
    Kitty
    Superjolt
    Neon Sword
    Bidoof FTW > metroid711
    gimmepie
    No One
    metroid711
    N/A
    Kitty
    Charlie Brown
    Abby
    Bidoof FTW > No One
    Neon Sword > Aldo*
    N/A
    Ash
    EvilChameleon
    N/A
    *Did not unvote before switching

Or perhaps no one would die? In the end, it came to a coin flip between slaughtering Neon Sword, or killing no one at all. But then Neon Sword threw in their own vote at the last moment! . . . Creating a three way tie with metroid711 as well. So the coin flipping commenced! Unfortunately for poor Neon Sword's head, the result of heads in two consecutive coin flips meant theirs would be lopped off. Ironic that they could have saved their own life had they voted to kill no one instead!

So the elves quickly went to work, fashioning medieval blades from their toy forges and bringing them down across Neon Sword's neck.

And that night, everyone would dine upon Turkey . . . or, at least, they would have if Mrs. Claus hadn't decided to leap into the crowd and convince them all to throw a bangin' rager! They put their turkey slices away, saving them for another day, and dove into the feast provided by the first lady of the North Pole.
    Neon Sword is dead! They were the Turkey!
    Everyone received a slice of Turkey!
    There's a party tonight! Everyone may converse in the thread as if it were day, and certain actions may be performed! No bread will be consumed tonight.
    Rules
    • All PokéCommunity rules apply.
    • No Private Messaging other players about the game.
    • Any discussion of the game should be kept in this thread.
    • Do not post here once you have been killed or otherwise removed from the game.
    • Do not post during the Night Phase.
    • Night actions should be sent to me by PM or via Discord (Nakuzami#0743).
    • If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
    • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed at any time.
    • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Vote[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
    • If you wish to change your vote, first put [b]##Unvote[/b] Player before casting your new vote.
    • Plurality Vote. This means that the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if they only have one or two votes on them.
    • Mafia Hammer Vote. This means that the final mafia member to vote on a night kill will be the one to carry it out.
    Cast List
    Nakuzami as the Game Master

metroid711
    gimmepie
    Pecilia
    Sawsbuck
    Abby
    EvilChameleon
    Ash
    Salzorrah
    Aldo
    Bidoof FTW
    Charlie Brown
    Sparkin
    Kitty
    Superjolt
    jdthebud as an Elf
    Rabinov as the Heat Mister
    Neon Sword as the Turkey

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2019
    Ouch, well I tried at least, I think I might have helped the town find scum anyway.

Good luck everyone.

Back