• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019

Just trying some 3rd Gen style stuff.
    Thoughts?

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Looks good, the only thing weird for me is that wooden sign, the post is on the road side. You should mirror the tile to have the post on the right side.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I'm having some fun with Game Maker at this moment.

View attachment 76489View attachment 76490
    View attachment 76491View attachment 76492

I started making my little game not long after posting this last October:

If I could work with an established publisher on an existing franchise, however, I would take the money to Sega and direct a sequel/reboot to these beauties:

[...]

The Wonder Boy series, or more precisely, the Monster World sub-series. An amazing series IMHO, and that would really benefit from a 3D treatment.

Since then, I decided to make a spiritual successor... in time for a proper sequel to be announced two months later. That's my luck, huh :) ? But by then, my game, while still in the same genre, became something different enough to distinguish itself from that series.

A few comments:
    • I like to draw my own graphics, even if they do come out as simplistic. I plan on redrawing some stuff after I'm done with the actual content of the game.
    • The reason this game is not in widescreen is because I wanted to keep the 320x240 resolution as a homage of sorts to my first game making tool, RPG Maker 2000. It's silly, but I really wanted to do this :) .

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Only issue I'm seeing with it is the fact that the gradients behind the character don't line up(there's a hard border between the two, which you could fix by either reworking the gradients to line up closer, or otherwise perhaps cover the seam with the VS. sprite.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • Only issue I'm seeing with it is the fact that the gradients behind the character don't line up(there's a hard border between the two, which you could fix by either reworking the gradients to line up closer, or otherwise perhaps cover the seam with the VS. sprite.

You mean the Vs Bars? That's just because of the gif quality.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • They don't match because the color quality is lower than gameplay? O.o It looked to me like the colors of the gradient were of different values, creating that weird edge.

All the bars are created the same way but all are different colours and the gif can only have a maximum of 256 colours so that's what created that effect.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Screenshot/Music Showcase

Was messing around with Unity's animation editor. I'm not a good animator, but it's pretty slick(sorry about the low framerate; I'm actually not quite sure how to record a high framerate gif. :/ )

EDIT:
    If you want to see the walk cycle in action, go ahead and check out the following link. If you aren't walking, it resets to what's called a T-pose(a default spread out pose for rigging purposes), because I was too lazy to make an idle animation. :P
    https://www.tbmgames.com/games/unitedemo/UNITE_Demo.html

Last edited:

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    A simple solution might be to use a program like ScreenGet/AnimGet and merge all the frames into a GIF using Gimp or Photoshop.

I like the animation, it's fairly smooth and natural, though the way his hands are held as his arms move forward is a bit strange. Also it looks like he lifts his back feet off the ground a bit too high for a casual walk cycle. (Maybe the bob up and down is a little extreme too)

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • A simple solution might be to use a program like ScreenGet/AnimGet and merge all the frames into a GIF using Gimp or Photoshop.

I like the animation, it's fairly smooth and natural, though the way his hands are held as his arms move forward is a bit strange. Also it looks like he lifts his back feet off the ground a bit too high for a casual walk cycle. (Maybe the bob up and down is a little extreme too)
    Fair enough; like I said, I'm not a particularly skilled animator, so I just used the first rotoscoped walk cycle I liked, and didn't bother too much with hands because this was meant more to serve as proof-of-concept that I was understanding how Unity's animation system worked. I'll give AnimGet a try next time!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2017

Hey everyone!

Just a screenshot of in battle Mega Ninetales! (the opponent sprite is animated!)
    Needs to be resized a bit, but I think I like how it turned out! :P

Any suggestions?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Screenshot/Music Showcase

Hey everyone!

Just a screenshot of in battle Mega Ninetales! (the opponent sprite is animated!)
    Needs to be resized a bit, but I think I like how it turned out! :P

Any suggestions?
    Your interface has multiple different resolutions (compare your text and buttons and cursor; the pixels are all different sizes) and I'm personally not a fan of your color palette for Ninetales(looks a lot like the MS paint palette plus like two shades, and the pink/purple/blue color scheme clashes and looks poorly thought out).

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2017
    Your interface has multiple different resolutions (compare your text and buttons and cursor; the pixels are all different sizes) and I'm personally not a fan of your color palette for Ninetales(looks a lot like the MS paint palette plus like two shades, and the pink/purple/blue color scheme clashes and looks poorly thought out).
    Noted, I'll see what I can do. :)
    Thank you!! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back