• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Search Engines!

Years
  • Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Dogpile, you name it! There are several search engines available on the internet for you to use that assist in bringing results to you based on a query. Whether it'd be for a certain topic of discussion, or maybe you're looking for assistance in something you might not have basic knowledge of.

Which search engine(s) do you guys use? What are some features of said search engine(s) you easily take advantage of? If you could switch to another search engine, what would you try?

Bay

Years
  • I too pretty much used Google as it's what I'm used to for a long while now and I probably won't switch anything soon. When I first used the internet, though, I used Ask Jeeves. Don't know if anyone remembers it, but basically you type what you want to search answers for, and the results can be hilarious sometimes.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I used Google most of the time because it's one of the best search engine available. At times, I would rely to DuckDuckGo as well, for privacy and stuff.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I use Google, since I have Chrome and Google gives the best results.

Periodically, I use Bing for some searches. I'm a member for their rewards program, and when I remember that it exists, I make a few searches on some days.

Reactions: EC

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I use Google almost every other minute, to be honest. I find that there's always something to look up, whether it's to verify the statements of another or to find out more about something you come across while surfing the interwebs. Plus the image search has that nifty function where you can search using an image and that's often very helpful in finding uncredited sources and such.

Years
  • Google of course. =p It loads the fastest and provides me with the most relevant information. Everything Yahoo! puts out seems to be extremely clunky and laggy, from the search entires to their e-mail, so their search engine is the last thing I'd want to use. :(

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • I've changed, now a massive DuckDuckGo fan. !bangs and "official site" make it so much better than google

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Very common I use google and a lot and DuckDuckGo for very high privacy

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I use DuckDuckGo because of the "!" trick. You can quickly search on many sites if you use DuckDuckGo ^^.

For example, if I open a new tab and I want to search for something on Google, I type:

!g "thing I want to search".

Or for Google Images:

!gi "thing I want to search".

Even when I want to quickly check an anime out on MyAnimeList:

!mal "Anime Name"

or Amazon:

!amazon product I want to search.

And I think there's many more ^^.

I think Google gives better results than DuckDuckGo, but I love that tiny feature I get out of DuckDuckGo so I use it as my default engine.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Google. But I use Bing every morning for their Bing Rewards program. Have gotten so many $5 Amazon giftcards over the years. Which I then use to buy $5 .mp3 albums.

Back