• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Seasonal Changes

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
  • I don't know about you, but I'd love for them to bring back seasonal changes, like in B/W/B2/W2 when a season changed, the trees and etc would be different, and so forth. What do you guys think?

- I've made a lot of threads and I am just expressing speculation about what I want in the game.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Naaaah, not seasons in Hoenn. It's already got such a diverse terrain that seasons would just make things complicated and crazy imo. And it's a tropical climate, too, which means not so much variation in seasons anyway. I'd prefer more weather effects like people have been saying and for god's sake a day/night cycle. Although given that it's tropical, the days would probably be much longer than those in Johto and that.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Naaaah, not seasons in Hoenn. It's already got such a diverse terrain that seasons would just make things complicated and crazy imo. And it's a tropical climate, too, which means not so much variation in seasons anyway. I'd prefer more weather effects like people have been saying and for god's sake a day/night cycle. Although given that it's tropical, the days would probably be much longer than those in Johto and that.

So true, man. From Fallarbor to Fortree to Dewford, I don't think an exotic place would even change with seasons realistically. I live in a tropical place, so I have experience lol. But then again, it would be kind of harsh not to see ice types anywhere other than in Shoal Cave. Hopefully that would change!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Since Hoenn is a tropical region, it would make sense not to have winter but I think North Hoenn should get a little bit of snow, particularly in the Fallarbor area, I don't know why but it still cool tho :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I dunno, but I think it would be pretty cool. I think they should save that feature for another game, though, since Hoenn is half water and it wouldn't really change that much with the seasons. :)

That reminds me! You think they'll include a full daytime cycle like they did in DPPt? That would be pretty cool looking.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • The daytime nighttime cycle would be cool in these remakes actually!

If they implement the season thing in these games, please, for the love of god, don't have the message pop up before you get to play the games saying, "spring........summer.....fall....." it was so tedious. If there's snow on the ground it's obviously winter. I don't need the game telling me that. X_X
    As well, most of the time it would be off. It would be the middle of June and it would claim to be winter in my White game.
    I understand that seasons are different around the world but at least have it so it would be accurate in each continent. If it can be done in Animal Crossing, I don't see why they can't handle it in Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Like with the other remakes, I wouldn't expect much in terms of adding in content that didn't exist in the original games. Time was in the original so I can see day and night, but seasons were an exclusive gimmick to Unova. I think it would have some odd effect with berries too.

Kinda see them using Kalos' berry system.

Years
  • As well, most of the time it would be off. It would be the middle of June and it would claim to be winter in my White game.
    I understand that seasons are different around the world but at least have it so it would be accurate in each continent. If it can be done in Animal Crossing, I don't see why they can't handle it in Pokemon.

This is because the seasons changed by month. June was set to Winter, July to Spring, August to Summer, and September to Autumn. It was kind of a weird way to do it, and it led to some weird occurrences, like Winter in June.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I hope Seasons debut in ORAS, it would be amazing to see Hoenn covered in snow! Just imagine Fortree City..

Lol, whats up with the Fortree joke, been hearing theese everyday, for eg:,"I wonder what Fortree City would look like in 3D..." heard that on the HOENN Remakes CONFIRMED Thread. :)
    :D

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    If seasons were to be implemented again, a monthly rotation of dry season/wet season is more suitable for a tropical region than a rotation of Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I say no to seasons imo. I figured those were too iconic in the Unova region. Echoing others, Hoenn is like Hawaii in a way...it's too mild and it doesn't have cold winters like other regions.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Originally I wanted season, but Hoenn being in a tropical climate could clash with the concepts of seasons.. Maybe if the affected seasonal area was limited?

More weather effects like Sinnoh had would definitely be nice. A day/night cycle is practically a must (to this day, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald still get criticized for being a downgrade in that regard), with visual effects like Sinnoh and Johto had.

(I recently learned that XY added a light for the bike at nighttime; would be nice to see that in Hoenn, too. :3)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Hoenn will be like the Kanto remakes (which lack night and day too) and lack the seasons as XY lacked them. By the way why haven't many people criticised XY in this regard but criticised RSE for lacking day and night.

If they were to add seasons it should be a dry and wet season like in some real life tropical areas.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Since Hoenn is a tropical region, it would make sense not to have winter but I think North Hoenn should get a little bit of snow, particularly in the Fallarbor area, I don't know why but it still cool tho :)

North hoenn is just a volcano, though. An active one, at that. I don't see any snow being able to settle on the ground any time soon.

Plus, seasons in Hoenn would just be...blegh. Like, more rain n some areas, thunderstorms, and maybe even lots of wind and rain, but as far as snowy winters and brisk autumns go, it just seems weird for Hoenn.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • well at first i wanted seasons and then i read this...

Naaaah, not seasons in Hoenn. It's already got such a diverse terrain that seasons would just make things complicated and crazy imo. And it's a tropical climate, too, which means not so much variation in seasons anyway. I'd prefer more weather effects like people have been saying and for god's sake a day/night cycle. Although given that it's tropical, the days would probably be much longer than those in Johto and that.

now i dont see much point of seasons since its tropical. tho i would like to see some ice/snow somewhere in the game

Years
  • I say no to seasons imo. I figured those were too iconic in the Unova region. Echoing others, Hoenn is like Hawaii in a way...it's too mild and it doesn't have cold winters like other regions.

I agree with Megan, Hoenn's tropical climate would make seasonal changes irrelevant plus I think those should be kept to just Unova so that the region would have something still unique for it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd be a little weirded out if it started snowing in Hoenn. .w. Day / Night system is a given at this point, I'd think, but a full weather system might be a bit much. Hoenn seems like it's supposed to be bright and sunny a lot, and people are able to swim and dive on a daily basis. There are towns build so carefully on the water that I doubt that region is supposed to have too many severe conditions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think seasons need to be added in these games.

Hoenn is suppose to be tropical climate. Would be a bit odd to have some snow. Then again, it is real.

Back