• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Secret bases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are unique in that they're the only games where you get your own little pad-- a secret base! And no, I'm not counting in that miserable excuse for a base in DPPt's Underground. You needed to meet too many requirements to decorate that nasty mess. But anyway! Using TM43 Secret Power, you could make your own base inside of a rock, bush, or tree. A lot of people found this to be a great feature, and I know most of that same group was disappointed with generation IV's attempt at it. And when you mixed records with a friend, their base will show up in your game, and they'll have whatever party of Pokemon they had when mixing records, so you could battle them everyday! So here are a few questions...

Where is your secret base?
    Do you tend to forget where it is?
    Do you spend time and money to decorate it?
    Feel free to post a screenshot! (use spoiler tags please!)

- Looks like I'm on Route 110 on my storage Emerald.
    - ...Had to go to the little boy in Mossdeep. XD So yeah, I did. I never forget where my old Sapphire base is though. I mixed record with it before restarting and it's on Route 117...I think. ...Near Meteor Falls in a tree idk. :(
    - Not anymore, since no one plays RSE and there's no one to mix records with. D: But I used to spend a lot of time on it and I waited on those department store sales!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Secret bases should come back. :D

Route 110
    No, not at all. I still remember where it is. xD
    I remember doing so, and had tons of fun with it. I don't...exactly remember how I decorated it, though. xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Spoiler:

Featuring the secret base I've made who knows when! XD
    Route 119

I'll admit, I had to go to the guy in Mossdeep to recall where I had made my secret base. I've tried searching, and I guess I should have known it was on Route 119, seeing as back in the days I had always made it there mainly.

I know I had spent quite a lot of money to make a pretty looking secret base. It may have not been too worthwhile for many, but it was part of what made the games fun for me I suppose.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Eehhhh this brings back memories. I can't say I remember where exactly my secret base was - route 110? I do remember that I spent hours and hours decorating it to look perfect for me. I would just go in and walk around for a bit. I remember that made me really happy.. Better pull out my ruby again. @_@

Years
  • Where is your secret base?

I think it's that one right by Fortree City, by the water.

Yes, obviously xD

I remember that I used to go all out when I decorated it.

Don't have one sorry :(

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Where is your secret base?
    To tell you the truth, I honestly can't remember. I've moved it more times than I can count. I think my most recent location was in a bush on Route 120.

All the time.

I used to buy every single item at the furniture shops in Slateport and Fortree. I probably spent over $300,000 (or whatever currency is called in the Pokemon world) exclusively on my secret base.

I don't have one, thankfully. My base looked like a wreck anyway.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I'm not sure why this isn't in the newer games, I can think of lot of places to put secret bases in Heartgold :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2011
    aww, secret bases. I miss them :)
    Generation V doesn't have them? Too bad.... That was one of the best pokemon's feature, along with pokemon contest. Pokemon musical in gen V doesn't seems very fun.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • alright first things first the mixing of records i bought a used ruby so i mixed with that and found their secret base....but i could not battle them because they where blocked my a wailren.....and that was a beast pic of a base mine and i thought mine was good..my secret base is in a mountain above rustburo city near where you catch jigglypuff .i spent so much money buying all i could for my base.and i did the trick house to get the tent.this all is in effect of poke emerald.

Eehhhh this brings back memories. I can't say I remember where exactly my secret base was - route 110? I do remember that I spent hours and hours decorating it to look perfect for me. I would just go in and walk around for a bit. I remember that made me really happy.. Better pull out my ruby again. @_@
    ikr just what i thought even though i didnt know how to decorate XD.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I loved the secret base function, and I somehow managed to get two articuno statues, even though you're only supposed to be able to get one. Also the bases are great for leveling up your pokes. I never forget where my base is, even though I hide it in the most remote places I can find. Currently it's on a little island that you have to surf out of mossdeep/pacificlog/evergrand/sootopolis to get to. I'm too lazy to post a screen, but I spent several weeks to get it just right. That includes the pretty desk that you have to walk around forever for, and several battle frontier things.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    aww, secret bases. I miss them :)
    Generation V doesn't have them? Too bad.... That was one of the best pokemon's feature, along with pokemon contest. Pokemon musical in gen V doesn't seems very fun.
    I know right. :( The underground brought into DPPt just doesn't make up for it, imo. Though that's probably because secret bases in RSE just give me more of a nostalgic feeling.

alright first things first the mixing of records i bought a used ruby so i mixed with that and found their secret base....but i could not battle them because they where blocked my a wailren.....and that was a beast pic of a base mine and i thought mine was good..my secret base is in a mountain above rustburo city near where you catch jigglypuff .i spent so much money buying all i could for my base.and i did the trick house to get the tent.this all is in effect of poke emerald.

This, this, this. Mixing records between someone and being able to battle them within their secret base was a huge pro with the little addition. I remember mixing records with some of my friends just for this in specific. I was more of a battler then, and we had always built teams to challenge each other in our own little base. In a way, it's nice to be able to battle a friend nearby and entering their secret base instead of going into a Link'd Up room. maybe in remakes we'll be able to visit/battle one another through secret bases with Wi-Fi :P

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Where is your secret base? Route 120.
    Do you tend to forget where it is? ALL. THE. TIME.
    Do you spend time and money to decorate it? I used to, but I really don't care that much anymore. I still, every once in a while, change up my base though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Where is your secret base? Mine's on whatever route the bike path is on. It's in that big tree on the island in the middle of the river.
    Do you tend to forget where it is? Nope, I chose that location specifically because I knew I would remember it, even over a year since I last picked up Emerald.
    Do you spend time and money to decorate it? Mine's fully decked out but I haven't switched it up in forever since I'm satisfied with how it looks.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • This is the feature that got me engaged with the Pokemon games! ^_^
    LOL; I'm serious, by the way. As a kid, someone was playing a Pokemon game on their GameBoy Advance, and I was amazed that you could have your own little compact treehouse Secret Base with little decorations and stuff. XD Thank goodness for this feature, or I might not even be posting here right now!

Proceeding onwards:

Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are unique in that they're the only games where you get your own little pad-- a secret base! And no, I'm not counting in that miserable excuse for a base in DPPt's Underground. You needed to meet too many requirements to decorate that nasty mess. But anyway! Using TM43 Secret Power, you could make your own base inside of a rock, bush, or tree. A lot of people found this to be a great feature, and I know most of that same group was disappointed with generation IV's attempt at it. And when you mixed records with a friend, their base will show up in your game, and they'll have whatever party of Pokemon they had when mixing records, so you could battle them everyday! So here are a few questions...

Route 119 (Hoenn)!
    It's at the right of the southernmost waterfall, complete with its own Berry Patch nearby!

LOL, of course not. Don't really see how you could, but I guess it's possible, especially with the ones located in more obscure areas. Secret Base Boy of Mossdeep City to the rescue!

Indeed. Sometimes I take several minutes pondering the decorative choices and possible arrangements! And I've probably spent up to $999999 just purchasing items. The dolls exclusive to the Exchange Corner are like heck to get! Surprisingly, I have enough Battle Points for the majority of them, but you can only fit so many in the base, and my current Emerald file isn't even intended to be my permanent one. >_>

Secret bases!
    Secret bases!
    Secret bases!

I have no idea why those Regi dolls weren't included in the post-game or at the Lilycove Dept. Store clearance sales or something! :(
    -Oh...well, apparently, players of Japanese copies of Ruby/Sapphire got these as e-Reader rewards, yet they're unobtainable in all other language copies! WTF?! T_T

Secret bases!

Well, all of the Gym Leaders have stone/metal variants of this Ornament in their Gyms, so I typically place two of these near the door.

Secret bases!

WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO OBTAIN IN THE BATTLE TOWER, GOLD SHIELD
    Ooh, shiny!

Secret bases!

So pretty...aside from the Shields and the Sand Ornament, this is probably my favorite ornament. It just seemed so intriguing, and due to this, I was going to catch Pidgeot with a Premier Ball, thinking that Pidgeot was associated with a "commemorative event" or something. Hey, it even forms an abstract and Farfetch'd GSC (glass=crystal) reference with the shields! XD

Spoiler:

It's the one immediately east of the southern waterfall you see there. For some reason, I've always envisioned a Trainer named Landon residing in the other Secret Base across the waterfall that is parallel to mine - this is because I name myself Sean in Sapphire/Emerald permanent files, and Landon is a fitting parallel.
    Also, I have fond memories of the Secret Base directly east of the Weather Institute, next to the northernmost waterfall. One of my elementary school classmates named himself "Pooky" in-game and made residence there. I will always remember his leading Level 37 Weezing. XD

Where is your secret base? Mine's on whatever route the bike path is on. It's in that big tree on the island in the middle of the river.

I love that island-bound Secret Base tree on Hoenn Route 110. One of the easiest Secret Bases to remember, with the main drawback being the requirement of the HM Surf for navigation to it. I think that was my first-ever dedicated Secret Base location...

But yeah, Secret Bases of Hoenn were fantastic! Not only did you get to customize your own personal treehouse or cave, you also got to visit your friends and battle them once daily after you Mixed Records! Major interactivity boost, that's for sure. And possibly the best part of the Secret Bases: THE TRAINING. If you get tired of the monotonous and somewhat weak Elite 4 and Champion, you can go challenge your friends! Who have unrestricted Pokemon and items! And utilize Medicine during battle! With the potential of LEVEL 100 POKEMON! The EXP gains I got there were simply sublime.
    I mean, just imagine how quickly you could train with this scenario: Lucky Egg, trade boost, against a Blissey. In my current Emerald save file, as a sidegoal from getting Totodile from Professor Birch, I was intending to construct Secret Bases like this and Mix Records specifically for training purposes. Several Level 100s were trained for this reason. Blissey would even be more preferable, though I only have one at Level 100 at the moment (UNLESS I USE THE CLONING GLITCH). Furthermore, I lack a second GameBoy Advance and another copy of RSE, so such a plan is currently infeasible for me.
    Secret bases!
    Secret bases!
    Secret bases!
    Secret bases!
    Secret bases!
    Secret bases!

Blissey x6, Level 100
    *drools at the potential EXP gain in RSE Secret Bases*

So yeah...the dummying-down of Secret Bases in Generation 4 were essentially the first-ever case I had of They Changed It, Now It Sucks across Pokemon generations. :cer_cry: I am REALLY hoping that they return in RS3DS, once again promoting collaboration and benefiting long Training sessions. Generation 5 already worsened long-term Training with its modified Experience formula, and I don't see any NPC Trainers owning Blissey anytime soon... :( Maybe the PokeNav could feature an application to display your friends' Secret Bases (additionally, the Registry limit should be higher)?

PoketalkCreator

Just Some *****
    Years
  • My base inside a tree in the middle of a lake under the cycle road( forgot the route). I spent moderate amounts on it, but I dont bleed myself dry. I forget where it is lol

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Secret bases are like the coolest thing in pokemon. Another reason why Hoenn is my favorite region. (So glad gen 3 is the main hacking gen. :D)

My secret base was on route 115, next to that one girl running in place on the beach. (Or, at least it used to be... I just checked, and I apparently moved it to one of the most out of the way rocks at the very tip top of route 115... probably the most out of the way secret base in the whole game, actually. It's a cool looking one too though, so I'll leave it there.)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I change my secret base every week haha. I barely remember where it is half the time.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • Mine was south of Fortree at the spot behind a lake. I waited SO LONG for that department store sale to come so I sould buy the platform and get to the other half of my base.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back