• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[September] Would You Announce to Everyone if You Won the Lottery?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Well I'd tell my closest friends, my brother and my dad. I'd tell the media to **** off and probably move to a different area.

Years
  • I'd tell pretty much everybody, no harm in that. I'd then jet off to my new private island to avoid all the potential ass-kissers. Problem solved!

Years
  • I'd probably mention it to close relatives. Though I wouldn't make the habit of telling people for the sake of it. I've recently learnt that people will pretend to like you and care about you if you have money. Trust me, it's a hard and horrible thing to have to go through.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • If it's a big enough lottery then I would probably end up making the news, but regardless I wouldn't want the information to be public. All of a sudden I'd be reconnecting with all these lost friends who'd want to be pals again out of the blue. I ain't into people trying to mooch a quick buck off of me. Hell, I'd probably even cut off my own family if they got too persistent.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I don't think I'd tell anyone, but not for any major reason. Not sure what it says about me that I don't consider a lottery win worth bringing up in conversation.

Years
  • I'd tell close family and close friends but that's it. The parents might accidentally spill it to other family members though, but even so it wouldn't be too bad. All I know is that I wouldn't let the world know about it.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • I would keep it between my family, meaning my mom, dad, and my brother. I wouldn't tell my relatives because some may get picky or start giving us the stink eye for babbling. Probably a close friend, that one friend that has been with me through the ups and downs. I should play the lotto right now. lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Absolutely not, that would be a great way t probably get a lot of people to beg me for money and stuff >_< Im a private person, and I figure why do other people need to know? It's not for them it's for me. It just would probably attract the attention you wouldnt want, money does crazy things to people.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • I wouldn't want to win it, i'm not in to gambling ..the money i didn't work for (or not my dad's) isn't for me i won't want it even if it's millions i don't care much.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I'd be like "look at me *****es I'm rich as hell and you ain't getting **** holla at yo momma~" *drives off in Lamborghini with hot models*

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Why would I want to be on the news or something? You tell someone you won and you're a superstar from then on. I'd just pay back my debts, give some to my family, and put the rest in a retirement plan. I'd then leave this sorry old town and go on an ADVENTURE!!! Having everyone know I won would attract too much attention x.x

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • In the midst of all the excitement, I'd probably want to shout it to the whole world. However, the only people I'd actually tell is really close family and friends. No one else needs to know. I have a horrible fear of being robbed or kidnapped, so I really don't need anyone knowing I won the lottery. Then again, I guess with that kind of money I could always install some high security alarm systems and get some body guards and guard dogs, but still, the fear would always be there. Plus, telling everyone just changes things too much. You're life changes, and if you let it get to you, it changes who you are as well. Although I feel confident I would keep a leveled head, I'd rather play it safe.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I would tell people through VMs that I talk to alot I would probably donate heaps to this place along with other forums im on since I want to have some sort of input and I want to see myself in green.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd be tempted too, but I'd only tell people I trued i.e Family and Friends. I know safety would be breached if I broadcast it on Twitter.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Though I would try avoiding telling as much people as possible, I'm sure people around me would start growing suspicious when they see an Audi R8 parked in-front of my house. So really I think that it's more the case of how you hide it as well.

If I win the lottery and it got to the news somehow however I'm sure I would get countless calls from all the 'cousins' that I have, which would be annoying.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Of course I'd tell family. And the first thing I'd do would be to give some of my money to them (just as they would to me if one of them won the lottery). After that, probably friends. But only the ones who I actually communicate with on a regular basis. It certainly wouldn't be a Facebook status update, that's for sure. Word would eventually spread - unless my lifestyle absolutely doesn't change after winning the lottery, which is slim-to-none - but people will find out when they do.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I wouldn't tell many people at all. I'd pretty much just tell my immediate family and that's it. If I did tell anyone because I wanted to treat them to something, I'd tell them I won a small amount on a scratch card or something so dinner/trip/whatever is on me and leave it at that.

I just wouldn't want something like that to get between friends/family and I. I've heard a few horror stories of people winning the lottery and having friends/family coming to them for money all the time and I wouldn't wanna deal with that for a lot of reasons.

Back