• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[September] Would You Announce to Everyone if You Won the Lottery?

Years
  • If I were to win the lottery, the only person that'd I'd trust to be able to keep it under wraps would be my dad, so he's the only person that I'd tell. I wouldn't mind helping him out as much as I could, but as for everyone else, I'd do something similar to what Lightning said, pretending that I won a much smaller amount than I actually did. That way, I'd still be able to treat those close to me, but I'd have plently left in my bank account to hold onto down the road.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I won't announce it to the whole wide world. There are people out there who will take every opportunity to get that huge sum of money off you by whatever means possible. Instead, I'll only tell my family and my close friends about it. People I can trust.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I wouldn't announce it whatsoever. I'd just disappear without a trace; Let them figure it out.

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    Nope. I would keep working whatever job I was working, and figure out what I'm going to do with my life from there before telling anyone. I'd probably end up moving out after a little bit and try not to indulge too much. It sure would be a test of self control, but I could do it.

I also think that announcing it to people would prompt friends to indulge and have fun with you or ask for loans they'd probably never pay back. That's why I would keep it secret :p

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Not at all, otherwise anyone I tell would be so jealous of me they'll be begging for some of my bucks. I'd rather keep that sort of discussion at home.

Aurora2698

Unofficial Semicolon Queen
    Years
  • Since I get enough people hounding me to do their homework for them or some other meaningless task which they could easily do for themselves, I'm sure such a mentality would extend to me winning the lottery, so I wouldn't tell anyone with the exception of my family - I don't need people haggling me for money.

But then again, my view on the lottery matches that of Voltaire (i.e. that it is a tax on stupidity) so I probably wouldn't touch such a thing in the first place.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I like to show off and flaunt what I have, so, yeah, I probably would.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'd tell everyone I went in contact with. I'd probably brag about it then move to California. I was poor for a majority of my life, so after college I would save the extra money I had then I would donate it to charity and other philanthropic causes.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
  • I'd hide it away from the World, no point in showing it to the World. Upon reaching further maturity and gaining some respect in the broader World then I would begin using it as an asset to make this World a better place, even if that change would make only the slightest difference.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Who's business is it that I won the lottery? No one's. Why the hell should go an tell the whole world I have half a million dollars?

EB

Re: World
    Years
  • Such an announcement would require personal participation foremost, which I haven't felt the urge to dabble in.

However, if I did miraculously win, I don't think I'd tell anyone but my immediate family. I don't like the thought of being treated differently because of how wealthy I am.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'd tell my family, and then I probably wouldn't tell anyone else because then they'd tell everybody they knew, and it's not like I did anything to win, and it's too much unwanted attention ;;

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I would tell my parents or my families if I won the lotto, but I won't tell my friends about that, because bragging about it would bring many troubles.

Back