• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
  • ...mother of god... do I have a story to tell you guys...

So where to begin, my friend tells me about this good way of getting heart scales, He uses a pokemon with Thief and fishes for Luvdisc, he K.O's them with the move and gets heart scales. I decide to one up him a bit so I get my Suction Cups Malamar, give it Thief and then used a PP Max on it to get 40 uses. I then start using the old rod in Cyllage City.

After 35 Luvdiscs K.O'ed and about 15 heart scales I noticed something Different. A Gold Luvdisc...a Shiny Luvdisc

Lv15
    Male
    Brave Nature
    Swift Swim
    Heart Scale
    Caught in Ultra Ball

My First Shiny from the Kalos Region and my first Water Type! I was incredibly happy because he also gave me a heart scale.

I decide to continue chain fishing for more Luvdisc even after I run out of PP on Thief. For some reason the chain broke after the shiny (not sure why) so on my 12th encounter after the 1st...

Lv15
    Female
    Lonely
    Swift Swim
    Heart Scale
    Caught in Ultra Ball

A second Luvdisc of the opposite gender also carrying a heart scale, seriously that couldn't be any more perfect, so I have both a Female and Male Luvdisc in my collection. If I get any more I will likely trade them since I now have a Male and Female (there isn't a difference in sprite, but I don't want to separate the two)

Finally my first non traded shinies. I'll update my Signature to match, and separate my personal ones from the traded ones.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • (snip)
    I decide to continue chain fishing for more Luvdisc even after I run out of PP on Thief. For some reason the chain broke after the shiny (not sure why) so on my 12th encounter after the 1st...
    (/snip)

Unlike chaining with the pokeradar, when you chain fish finding one ends the chain. Not a big deal given how easy it is! Congrats on the luvdiscs though!

Anyway, I have now done 6500 SR's to get a shiny starter in SoulSilver (19500 starters seen....) and nothing. Longest hunt ever for me now, oh well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • also, the spring challenge says water types...does that count?

I would say so. You have to get 4 though, unless it falls under the 3rd category where you need 12, which I think is a bit much lol.

I do not know what I want to get, I want to do an RE that doesn't involve chain fishing or radar, but I get impatient lol. I'll have an updated shiny list whenever I get my next shiny.

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
    Years
  • I would say so. You have to get 4 though, unless it falls under the 3rd category where you need 12, which I think is a bit much lol.

I do not know what I want to get, I want to do an RE that doesn't involve chain fishing or radar, but I get impatient lol. I'll have an updated shiny list whenever I get my next shiny.

Ah so the Kalos Shiny rate is halved? wow, I'm surprised I didn't find one through normal play. Anyway, I'll try to get different Water Shinies for the quest other than Luvdisc.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ah so the Kalos Shiny rate is halved? wow, I'm surprised I didn't find one through normal play. Anyway, I'll try to get different Water Shinies for the quest other than Luvdisc.

It is only halved if you have the Shiny Charm I think. But Chain Fishing makes it even easier to get. But there is no doubt that shinies are far more common in Kalos for one reason or another. You will have to wait for Gmoney to give you a 100% answer. This is just my thought.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • It is only halved if you have the Shiny Charm I think. But Chain Fishing makes it even easier to get. But there is no doubt that shinies are far more common in Kalos for one reason or another. You will have to wait for Gmoney to give you a 100% answer. This is just my thought.

The basic rate of 1/8192 applied up until X/Y, but now it is 1/4096. So the encounter rate is twice as high. It is also halved for breeding (including Masuda Method). This obviously is altered further for chaining, shiny charm, friend safari etc.

Years
  • Anyone have any good tips on rock smashing for shinies? Binacle is one of the last two kalos shinies I need and I don't know yet if I want to take a break on spritzee to try for that or not with mm.
    I guess it depends if anyone knows a good rock smash method or not. XD. I haven't read about any though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I still think 12 is a bit much, 1 in 1000 is still rare as heck and not guarnteed. Also, just feels like 12 is just too many and feels like rushing. Didn't know it had been cut in half, without shiny charm, though. But oh well. Anyways, was trying to get a shiny Miltank today, but instead got a Shiny Mareep. So all is good lol.

Spoiler:

Here is my shiny list update.

Spoiler:

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
    Years
  • I still think 12 is a bit much, 1 in 1000 is still rare as heck and not guarnteed. Also, just feels like 12 is just too many and feels like rushing. Didn't know it had been cut in half, without shiny charm, though. But oh well. Anyways, was trying to get a shiny Miltank today, but instead got a Shiny Mareep. So all is good lol.

Spoiler:

Here is my shiny list update.

Spoiler:

Congrats on the Mareep, another Mega Shiny there!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Thank you. I want to get a few more Unova pokemon and Kalos pokemon, but not sure what to get. Tired of getting water shinies lol. Might try to get another Kanto shiny to bring it up to 8 total.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

• Omg!! Super congrats! You beat me to it! you should head over to my shop and pick you out anything you see as a freebie. You did beat my challenge after all;)
    I'd like a copy of Meloetta if possible :)

Spritzee has some decents IVs too. Atk, Def, SDef. Hidden Power is Grass, so her other IVs can't be too bad either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I have a question, when everyone hunt a pokemon that only appears at night do you change the hour or just wait until the night ?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Velveteenwolf!

Congrats on all the shinies!

Anyone have any good tips on rock smashing for shinies? Binacle is one of the last two kalos shinies I need and I don't know yet if I want to take a break on spritzee to try for that or not with mm.
    I guess it depends if anyone knows a good rock smash method or not. XD. I haven't read about any though.

I'm not sure on a method. I just know that I must be doing something right, because the first Pokémon I encountered from smashing a rock on X was a shiny Dwebble.

I have a question, when everyone hunt a pokemon that only appears at night do you change the hour or just wait until the night ?

I wait.

This week's random hunt is… Drifloon!

Back