• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
I've been getting really lucky with the shinies this week. I hatched a shiny totodile, and I found random shiny eevee, roselia, shroomish and mantine.

Also ran into a shiny ralts, but it teleported away before I could catch it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Just found shiny Slakoth while dex naving for Shroomish, I did about 140 encounters for Shroomish and also ran into 30 Slakoth's and it was the 30th Slakoth.

Edit: 8/28
I should have done this sooner. Found shiny Wurmple in about 14 encounters.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
28882 Petalburg Woods encounters

I wonder why there aren't any shinies here...?

Just found shiny Slakoth while dex naving for Shroomish, I did about 140 encounters for Shroomish and also ran into 30 Slakoth's and it was the 30th Slakoth.

Oh, Maserati was here. That's why. :pink_laugh:

Congrats on the shinies, dude! Nice target picks, too; those are some cool Pokemon to hunt for! They seem oddly familiar, though...

*fades to flashback*

...I'm especially hoping for a Shroomish, Wurmple, or Slakoth...

Hmm...

"lol"

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I've tried several times for a Shiny Yanma (one of the few Shinies I like that I've never gotten). Hordes, MMing, swarms... never any luck. I recently reset SoulSilver again and was hoping to get one on my team before finishing the game (preferably pre-E4), but I got fed up with hatching and beat the game without it. I didn't even find any other Shinies along the way...

I like to go on walks to clear my head sometimes (and look for fossils). On one of these walks, I spotted a dragonfly perched on a stick poking up from the ground and thought it would be a great opportunity for a photo. I didn't have my camera on me, so I darted inside to get it and headed back out. The dragonfly was still in place, so I edged closer. It flew away. (It's just like the danged Safari Zone/Great Marsh.) T_T

Since I still had my camera on me, I walked around trying to find another photo-worthy subject (preferably another dragonfly). Instead, I found a damselfly and was able to get a shot of it. :D

damselfly_by_icycatelf-daf6gez.jpg

And of course this reminded me of Shiny Yanma. Back to the hunt.

I really wanted to get one in Gen. IV so it could follow me around (a feature I hope they bring back in the future), so I was back and forth between MMing eggs and resetting the date on my DS to trigger Yanma swarms. Of course a random encounter would've been cooler, but I finally hatched my blue dragonfly after 231 eggs (excluding those I hatched on other games)!

fzShN7K.gif

I soon traded Daniel to Pearl, reset SoulSilver (yet again) and traded him back. I'm in the middle of the Kanto League right now and he's been my lead throughout the majority of my journey.

I'm not evolving him.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! ^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ ^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! ^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHINY SHROOMISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo!!!! YEAH!!! My 30,109th Petalburg Woods encounter was a shiny Shroomish!! I'm so thrilled at this, haha. I yelled a cry of victory and laughed out loud ("lol") upon finding a shiny for the first time in quite a while - this hunt turned out to be quite arduous! After realizing how long I've been at this hunt and how many more legs I still have to do on my Hoenn mini-tour, I was really driven to get this hunt done and leave the Petalburg Woods! I've been doing lots of extra encounters over the past few days and really ramped it up today, and it sure paid off!

I named her Felucia, since she kind of looks like the flora and vegetative growth of the floral world. Her pink color really fits in with that theme, which is a pretty cool vibe. When I first encounted it, I was like, "Oh, it looks like that Shroomish has chicken pox!" :pink_laugh:

I'm also super-glad that the shiny I got after so many encounters was a real Petalburg Woods shiny and not one of those ones that are ubiquitous throughout Hoenn!! {XD}

And OMG I actually beat Maserati to a Petalburg Woods shiny! :cheeky:

I've now moved back to Central Hoenn (I've been gone since February!), and I'm going to try to make this part more tour-y by switching up my hunts between the four locales every once in a while. I'm starting out with another Phase of Route 110 (I got a Wingull here last time, but there are lots of other cool shinies to be found!), and I'll be moving around between the Fiery Path, Jagged Pass, and the Desert.

I don't know what the longest hunt's been in Club history, but my 30,000+ might be up there! :pink_laugh:

Shiny Yanma

That's really awesome, congrats!! Yanma's a beast shiny and I totally agree with you on the HG/SS walking - having shinies follow you around is the best! That sounds like a really fun playthrough with a shiny Yanma following you!!

Your picture's really amazing, too! That's fantastic quality and it looks like an irl shiny Yanma, haha. But your camera quality's got nothing - nothing - on mine! Check out my top-notch pics of my new shiny Shroomish:

Spoiler:

Also, I'm kind of honored that kowap posted in this thread. He only got in eight posts before his untimely demise, but he chose the SHC as one of his first targets! We're big, guys. He could've attacked any thread on the site, and he chose ours!!! The SHC is the place to be!!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
That's really awesome, congrats!! Yanma's a beast shiny and I totally agree with you on the HG/SS walking - having shinies follow you around is the best! That sounds like a really fun playthrough with a shiny Yanma following you!!

Your picture's really amazing, too! That's fantastic quality and it looks like an irl shiny Yanma, haha. But your camera quality's got nothing - nothing - on mine! Check out my top-notch pics of my new shiny Shroomish:

*snipped*

Thanks and thanks! :D

Congrats on the Shroomish! *bows down to your patience and superior camera skills*

Hopefully next Gen. unveils some sweet Shinies, because now the only Shinies I like that I haven't gotten are Shuckle and Lileep. First I'm going to finish this file on SoulSilver (hopefully finding a random Shiny in the process), then I might start on my hunt for one of those.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I've been busy...

133.png

Eevee, 8/21/2016, Calm/Anticipation - X/Y Friend Safari

190.png

Aipom, 8/21/2016, Brave/Skill Link - X/Y Friend Safari

193.png

Zipster the Yanma, 8/21/2016, Lonely/Speed Boost - X/Y horde

299.png

Easter the Nosepass, 8/21/2016, Quirky/Magnet Pull - X/Y horde

299.png

Groucho the Nosepass, 8/22/2016, Relaxed/Sturdy - X/Y horde

327.png

Lime the Spinda, 8/24/2016, Careful/Tangled Feet - ORAS horde

268.png

Jessie'sGirl the Cascoon, 8/28/2016, Quiet/Shed Skin - ORAS

318.png

Green Meanie the Carvanha, 8/28/2016, Rash/Rough Skin - ORAS chain fishing

539.png

Sock the Sawk, 9/3/2016, Gentle/Inner Focus - X/Y Friend Safari

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Found a shiny Scraggy on my third or fourth horde encounter. At first, I was confused as to why it wasn't green until I remembered that it was only shiny Scrafty who is green.

Edit: Found a shiny Zubat in another horde encounter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I was in a bit of a drought finding shinies but I did finally find a shiny Alomomola on a chain of 5. That's actually my shortest chain.

Edit: Finally found shiny Marill after 335 dexnav encounters.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Got my first DexNav encounter! He didn't get the Adamant nature I was trying to synchronize for, but still... shiny! :)

261.png

Sleepy the Poochyena, 9/5/2016, Gentle/Quick Feet, Sleep Talk egg move, ORAS DexNav

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new here and would really like to join this club!

The shinies I have are: Zorua, Unfezant, Ambipom, Tropius, Palpitoad, Shellos, Raticate, Swalot, Crawdaunt, Bouffalant, Seviper, Ponyta, Swablu, Cottonee, Unown, Wailmer, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Taillow, Machop, Munna, Shuppet, Zubat, Tauros, Aron, Spheal, Gardevoir, Gallade, Dragalge, Golem, Poliwrath, Gogoat, Gyarados, Seaking and Kingdra.

I'm not hunting a specific pokemon right now I just hunt whatever I feel like going after.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Another Pokemon from DexNav. I was able to synchronize Timid nature, but got a 0IV in Defense (yikes!).

137.png

Tri-Hard the Porygon, Timid/Trace, ORAS DexNav

Finally caught a shiny on 130 by chain fishing. I was having awful luck. A female Horsea; Going to evolve her into Seadra.

116.png

Horsea, Rash/Swift Swim, ORAS chaing fishing

Last edited:

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys! I am new to the forums but would love to join this group! I will fulfill the requirements below.

Currently Hunting:
- Shiny Latios (Runaway chain 7000+ ORAS)
- Shiny Surskit (Masuda Method Box 8 (Pkmn Y)

Current Shinies:

Oras:
- Treecko
- Magikarp
- Magikarp

Pokemon Y:
- Togekiss
- Talonflame
- Swirlix
- Trevenant
- Azurill
- Crawdunt
- Basculin
- Pachirichu
- alomomola
- Lucario
- Kingdra
- Pansear
- Ponyta
- Wooper
- Wigglytuff
- Sealeo
- Crustle
- Luvdisc
- Politoad
- Gyrados
- Swoobat
- Octillery
- Noibat
- Cincinno
- Mushrana
- Mawile
- Salamance
- Goodra
- Huntail
- Gorebyss
- Swirlix
- Shellder
- Swallot
- Goldeen
- Skrelp
- Dusclops
- Hoppip
- Krokodile
- Torkoal
- Furret
- Pawinard
- Tyrantrum
- Arorous
- Zoroark
- Sygilyph
- Pandogoro
- Cubchoo
- Dedenne
- Garchomp
- Poliwrath
- Gardevoir
- Gardevoir
- Gallade
- Kingler
- Usaring
- Vanillish
- Luxray
- Luxio
- Arcainine
- Larvesta
- Spritzee
- Spiritomb
- Venusaur
- Blastoise
- Charizard
- Greninja
- Chestnaught
- Delphox
- Piplup
- Chimchar
- Turtwig
- Froakie
- Chespin
- Fennekin
- Tepig
- Oshawott
- Snivy
- Totodile
- Meganium
- Typhlosion
- Blaziken
- Mudkip
- Treecko
- Infernape
- Pyroar
- Carnivine
- Alakazam
- Furfrou
- Espurr
- Aggron
- Carbink
- Pancham
- Lombre
- Bunneary
- Poliwrath
- Gourgiest
- Togepi
- Axew
- Camerupt
- Manetric
- Electabuzz
- Rydon
- Magmortar
- Saybelye
- Clefairy
- Clefairy
- Clefairy
- Lilleep
- Victrebeel
- Scyther
- Gogoat
- Skidoo
- Zigzagoon
- Inkay
- Bunelby
- Bergmite
- Heliopite
- Crogunk
- Gliscor
- Manertric
- Frostlass
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Vivillon
- Flababe
- Flababe
- Flababe
- Flababe
- Flababe
- Absol
- Relicanth
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Honedge
- Smeargle
- Ledian
- Roselia
- Buneary
- Shuppet
- Zorua
- Pinsir
- Ditto
- Binacle
- Noveirn
- Arecydactl
- Ninetails
- Chespin
- Beldum
- Aromitisse
- Inkay
- Ferroseed
- Pilloswine
- Dragalge
- Qwillfish
- Staryu
- Wooper
- Poliwrath
- Chandulure
- Kangaskhan
- Eevee
- Flareon
- Glaceon
- Espeon
- Umbreon
- Sylveon
- Vaporeon
- Leafeon
- Jolteon
- Gliscor
- Whismur
- Audino
- Nidoking
- Hawlucha
- Florges
- Gyrados
- Lucario
- Pumpkaboo
- Fletchling
- Fletchling
- Gengar
- Glameow
- Aegislash
- Tyranitar
- Chansey
- Dragalge
- Beautifly
- Venomoth
- Phione
- Greninja
- Zorua
- Gulpin
- Durant
- Novern
- Yamnega
- Steelix
- Klefki
- Aimbipom
- Kecleon
- Metagross
- Nincada
- Dragalge
- Novern
- Tyranitar
- Zangoose
- Milotic
- Charizard
- Charizard
- Trevenant
- Leafeon
- Relicanth
- Furfrou
- Camerupt
- Immulise
- Mareep
- Corsola
- Unfeazant
- Ducklett
- Spoink
- Nidorina
- Spinda
- Spinda
- Spinda
- Minum
- Golem
- Poliwhirl
- Dragonair
- Lopunny
- Haxourus
- Swampert
- Gallade
- Sceptile
(Not including all obtainable shiny legends, can't be bothered to list them all, Also not including shinies that aren't Kalos bred, that would be another 80 Pokemon)

Good Luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
I have shiny arcanine, dragonite, giratina, typholsion, diancie, genesect, darkrai, arceus, metagross and a shiny charizard

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I've been doing some fish chaining recently, I caught a shiny Clamperl and evolved it into Gorebyss. It was a chain of 24.

I also caught two shiny Feebas today, the first was a chain of 45, the second a chain of 11. Yesterday I did a chain of 142 before it turned night. So was glad to get them. I discovered there was a second Prism Scale in Couraway Town I never got so got it and evolved Feebas into Milotic.

Now just need another Clamperl for Huntail.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I just did some chain fishing and found my second shiny Clamperl. I nearly forgot to press A when the ! appeared above my head and I'm glad I didn't miss because that's when the shiny appeared.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Hey guys, congrats on all new finds and welcome to all new members!

Sorry I haven't been online for a while. I have had some health issues that have prevented me from spending any time on gaming. The good news is that it's all sorted and I am back :)

My first priority is to get my PokeBank organised with all of the current Pokemon, so when I get Sun/Moon I will have a good head start for the shiny charm :)

Back