• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Hey, it's been a while since I found any shinies.

I found a shiny Growlithe in a random encounter on Gold, but I failed to catch it because it used Roar.

Fortunately, I managed to do the shiny Ditto glitch so I can get nearly all the Gen 1 and 2 shinies for my living dex more easily. I managed to hatch a shiny Eevee within 4-5 eggs and because I already own the first five eeveelutions, I plan to evolve it into Leafeon, Glaceon or Sylveon when I transfer it to Gen 7.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I cleared Gold (VC) a few days ago and have since been trying to SR a Shiny Tyrogue, taking the occasional break to level-up my recent Shiny Victreebel. I just found this beauty during one of those breaks:

RVqGGOC.jpg

And it's one of my favorite Gen. II Pokémon! <3

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I just hatched a shiny Chikorita on Gold. I'm currently trying to get two more for Bayleef and Meganium.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
New shinies hatched since my last post - Misdreavus, Duskull, 2 Cubones, and a Sableye on Moon, and 2 shiny Klinks on Omega Ruby. I've now hatched shinies of every ghost-type line.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I now have three shiny Chikorita, two of which I will evolve. I just hatched a shiny Cyndaquil on Gold and because I've already got Quilava from another game in my living dex, I just need one more Cyndaquil for Typhlosion.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I gave up Shiny Hunting in Silver, so I drowned my pain in Horde hunting and got a Shiny Murkrow. Also hatched a Shiny Dedenne in Sun!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Pure insanity. I've played a significant amount of Gen. II over the years and, up until the Virtual Console release, had only found four Shinies total in these games. This is the sixth Shiny I've found in VC Gold in under a month! O_O

05LSBES.jpg

Not just that, but all the Shinies I've found are Pokémon that I've never found on any game with full-odds. LUCKY!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 27, 2017
I've been busy battling and trying to find traders for ashs pikachus that I never checked these other topics buuuut

My pride and joy is my Charizard I hatched in Omega ruby then EV trained and Move Tutored it for battle, it fell short because of IVs BUT THANKK YOU S/M for HyperTraining because now he's my main compadre I bring him with every battle. Whether or not I use him is a different story.

Currently hunting Mareanie, that elusive mon.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Finally caught a Shiny Oricorio after 4 tries and more than 400 Oricorio. Caught him in a Love Ball <3

Years
Hello! I have a bunch of shinies in my Pokemon Moon game. I don't remember them all off the top of my head, but here's a few:
Gardevoir
Primarina
Umbreon
Decidueye
Goodra
Zubat
Delibird
Grubbin
Toucannon
Buneary
Lycanroc (Midday form)

...All I can remember atm. XD Every single one of them, I bred or encountered via SOS chain myself. ^^ Oh, except a shiny Hypno my boyfriend traded me.

Currently I am starting a new game in Pokemon Sun and I plan to do some shiny hunting in it as soon as I finish the story + dex! I'm super excited. c:

Also can't wait to fill out the dex in the new USUM game I get! (I haven't decided on Sun or Moon yet.)

Oh, since it says to say what I'm currently hunting... Currently breeding Miniors in Pokemon Moon and soft resetting for Totodile in HeartGold. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Its been awhile and I've found 19 more shinies. All through friend safari and hordes.

For hordes I've found 2 more Nidoran males, 2 more Stunky, also a second Aron that will be a Lairon. The 8th Nidoran male actually took 2,152 hordes to appear then the 9th was 46 hordes later.

For Friend Safari I found Floette, Grumpig, Bergmite, Metang, Whirlipede, Eevee, Ledyba and Sandile. The Metang caught in 2 balls on half health and asleep.

In addition I got a ton of duplicate shinies including 2 Audino, Mawile, Delibird, Kakuna and Togepi.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Finally! I just now hatched a Shiny Wurmple!

So, the reason why I wanted the Shiny Wurmple so badly. My best friend and I have a joke about Wurmple. He hates Wurmples, but masks his hatred as sarcastic admiration for Wurmple. So I wanted to breed a shiny Wurmple and level it up to 100 without evolving it and give it to him as a joke gift.
Now I must grind this shiny Wurmple 100 levels as fast as I possibly can! :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Ok something insane just happened to me. It might be rarer then finding 2 shinies in one horde. But 2 shinies appeared in 2 games at the same time.
I like to double hunt, FS in Y and Horde hunt in X. I've been in a Friend Safari for awhile now looking for Hoothoot and was horde hunting for Gulpin, I previously got a Scraggy at 235 hordes yesterday.

Today on encounter 1,615 FS encounters and 542 hordes, at literally the same time, 2 shinies appeared. Will evolve both.

I also got my first shiny in Pokemon Go earlier today, a Magikarp.

I dexnaved for shiny Linoone and got it at 563 on Halloween.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Hello all, I am back after a hiatus with playing (RL issues).

I got a shiny wingull last night on my ORAS! I was playing a shiny nuzlocke challenge before I quit playing for a while, but I got this guy yesterday when I picked my games back up.

278.png

LVL 15, Quiet nature, Keen Eye, named Minty.

Last edited:

Haggerella

Captain Butts
Years
Spent all week trying to hatch a goddang shiny Solosis for my ultrasun team, in X&Y. Nothing all week.
Gave up to spend an hour breeding the other ~regular~ dudes I wanted, including a Larvesta. After the first egg realising he was 10,500 steps, decided to be careful with how many eggs I bred/hatched. 8th egg - shiny larvesta, and he was perfect with 4 max ivs I wanted. Pretty stoked cause omg shiny volcarona is beautiful, but also mildly furious lmao

10/10 still working towards that shiny reuniclus called Jellybean~

Years
here are some shinies i got during the past 2 months:
Haina Dessert:
4/9 and 12/9 caught 2 Trapinches through SOS call
5/9 and 7/9 caught 2 Sandiles through soft reset as i hate to deal with embargo and some of its moves
Mount Lanakila:
12/9 and 13/9 caught 2 Sneasels and got both females
14/9 caught Glalie through SOS call
Tapu Village:
17/9 caught a snorunt with SOS call
19/9 caught Absol through SOS with less than 20 encounter after second try
Thrifty Megamart:
21/9 caught Haunter
22/9 caught klefky
Route 15:
26/9 caught my third Slowpoke, going to evolve it to Slowking
Route 16:
6/10 caught Pelipper. dealing with its Flling was really hard to not make it struggle
Ula-ula Meadow:
8/10 caught Ledian through SOS
Route 17:
9/10 accidentally caught Goomy while trying to SOS pancham
9/10 finally caught Pangoro. never thought to get the evolution before
Seafolk Village:
10/10 caught (again) fully evolve one, a Wailord through SOS call
Poni Wild:
15/10 caught Rellicanth with some trouble on its call rate and fishing rate
15/10 caught Tentacruel through SOS
17/10 caught Lumineon, its Aqua Ring was no big deal
28/10 caught Lapras. probably the most annoying hunt with so much complicated preparation and anxiety if it used Perish song
31/10 caught Wailmer through soft-reset method as i was afraid to get another Wailord if i went through SOS
Ancient Poni Path:
18/10 caught Exeggcute through SOS
30/10 caught Gastrodon through SOS
Vast Poni Canyon:
2/11 caught Golbat
5/11 caught Boldore
6/11 caught Dragonair as i was aiming for Dratini instead
7/11 caught Machoke
7/11 caught a Murkrow

breeding:
2/9 got 2 Misdreavous while looking for its 6 IV for shiny breeding
12/9 got an Eevee from leftover for its 6 IV breeding
19/9 got a Cubone from breeding leftover
27/9 got a Gooomy from breeding leftover
30/10 got a Vanilite from the first batch egg

i think my shiny Island Quest will likely to end as there are only 4 areas to go. going to soft-reset for Type Null and Porygon after the quest over. and going to do the most hardest quest, Breeding for shiny, after all was done.

Back