• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I moved over to Azure Bay to random encounter for Exeggcute and got a shiny Slowpoke in 795 random encounters. It's my second shortest full odds random encounnter shiny after the Aerodactyl I fossil reset for appeared at 656.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I continued horde hunting for Nidoran female and found 12th male on the 27th at 1,240 hordes.

Today I started again and got a shiny Starly at only 233 hordes. Can't believe I finally got my first 5% shiny in a horde and only after about 30,000 Pokemon seen in hordes.

Years
I have gotten a shiny Moltres, shiny Quagsire, shiny Yanmega and today got a shiny Xerneas after 216 SR with the syncro working meaning that it is Timid and I caught it in a Moon Ball

Muzique

The Vixen Pokémon
Years
Soft-resetting for Shiny Litten in UltraSun.

At 540 SRs. 60 more today.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Nooo! Another Shiny Exeggcute while hunting Burmy in HGSS... And it's a male. Such a tease. T_T

Guess I'll evolve this one into normal Exeggutor since I evolved the other into Alolan Exeggutor.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I've got the Shiny Charm in Ultra Sun and went to soft reset for a Shiny version of my favourite Ultra Beast and after around 1200 soft resets I got:

Titus the Hardy Shiny Buzzwole - My first ever Successful soft reset legendary. I really like the eye-catching green here and a neutral nature is fine considering I wasn't synchronising and will still be fine for the Battle Tree.

My reaction on the Shiny finally appearing:

'Oh, Oh, that's the Shiny'.

He was caught in a Beast Ball after my Lilligant used Sleep Powder. This makes Buzzwole my first Shiny of the year and a great one at that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Since my last post I've caught 8 more shinies

Hoppip #3 in 203 hordes, I evolved to Jumpluff finishing the line.
Yellow flower Floette in 585 friend safari encounters
Blue flower Floette in 263 friend safari encounters
Jigglypuff #2 in 155 Dexnav encounters, evolved to Wigglytuff
2 extra Drowzee's in friend safari, first at 247 then at 75.
Pidgey at 188 friend safari encounters finishing the line.
Sunkern #2 in 82 friend safari encounters, evolved to Sunflora.

Some of my current hunts, I'm currently at 2,134 re's for an Azurill in X on Route 22. So far this is the only route to have taken me over 2,000 encounters before a shiny appeared. Phase 1 found me a shiny Psyduck at 2,753.
I'm at 1500 fossil resets for Omanyte
And I'm at 1230 eggs hatched for a shiny Nidoran. Preferably the female since I have 12 males.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Got another one:

Shiny Careful Kartana - I got the Grass Ultra Beast in about 600 soft resets which is a very quick hunt. I almost soft reset over him but noticed the white arms and dark accents at the last minute.

Kartana's defence isn't the highest so I did the old-fashioned method of throwing Beast Balls. It took two then he was caught.

I like this Shiny. It is a nice contrast to the yellow armed Shiny but I haven't thought a name for him yet. I am very pleased it was a reasonably short SR which is odd as I seem to have higher luck with Grass type Shinys. I now have both the original Sun exclusive UB's.

I may try for a Shiny Reshiram or Virizion next. It's unfortunate that Pheromosa is Ultra Moon exclusive.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I may try for a Shiny Reshiram or Virizion next. It's unfortunate that Pheromosa is Ultra Moon exclusive.

I have my Black 2 cartridge saved at the Virizion encounter. I tried soft resetting for a long time, and was planning to go back to it some day, but doing it through a wormhole might be easier. Shiny Charm and all that jazz :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I have my Black 2 cartridge saved at the Virizion encounter. I tried soft resetting for a long time, and was planning to go back to it some day, but doing it through a wormhole might be easier. Shiny Charm and all that jazz :)

I think the odds with the Shiny Charm in Gen 7 are 1 in 1033 which is a lot lower than 1 in about 8000 in the pre Gen 6 games without the Shiny Charm.

There's Roto Catch in USUM too which makes catching legendaries easier although I've got a Master Ball just in case.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have returned with my 2nd USUM Shiny! Shiny Stunfisk! It was my first Ultra Wormhole Shiny when I was looking for Ho-oH to start SRing it.

I will be honest, I almost ran from it because it was a Stunfisk. I do want to do some updating to my list. I didn't post for a very long time here and I was doing my "Ash Challenge".

I am going to give up on that challenge for a bit and I think I am gonna go with the flow. I will say this, this year I want to try to catch 1 shiny of every color of the Rainbow or the colors of the Hawaiian Islands. I also want to try to SR a Ho-oH as it is my #1 most wanted shiny.

I do not currently have the Shiny Charm in Pokemon US, because I haven't transferred my pokemon, not even from ORAS yet. So it will be a long grind, probably.

Last edited:
Years
Two more shinies to add to my US list, I got a shiny Drapion that I was able to SR for to get a jolly one for competitive after I used an ability capsule on it to have sniper. Today as I was trying to find Suicune in the wormholes I got a shiny Stunfisk

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I took a break from soft resetting to try some SOSing and in about 130 SOS calls in Melmele Meadow I found:

Ophelia the Shiny Quirky Yellow Flower Flabebe The Flabebe line may have some of the most underrated Shinys in the entire game. Shiny Flabebe has bright blue eyes and a purple body. The Flower does not change in the Shiny form.

She is now a Shiny Florges which has a mainly purple body with a little bit of bright blue. The Yellow Flower goes with the Purple well and she has the Flower Veil Ability which assists Grass types in Double Battles. Fitting an elegant Pokemon like Florges I caught her in a Luxury Ball.

Speaking of Grass Types my next soft reset will be Shiny Virizion although I may try for a red flower Floette first, with its use of Grassy Terrain and Wish I will need to bring the False Swipers.

Last edited:

Platigx

Delete my Account
Years
Ähh i think i Replys are Posts.So here we go:
So currently i have:
-A Shiny Gachomp
-A Shiny Gliscor
-A Shiny Poochyena
-A Shiny Alola Muk
-A Shiny Smeargle
-A Shiny Magikarp
-A Shiny Chandelure but i lost the Game which it where in so i dont know if its count
Edit: Shiny Chespin on Pokemon Y.I Forgot i Completly so im sorry.

Next i want to Hunt a Shiny Rotom on Pokemon Platinum and i stopped a masuda Hunt for a Shiny for a Joltik becouse i dont really want to play Pokemon Sun so i keep going later.
Please apologize my Grammar and word spelling im not a native speaker

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My latest Shiny in Ultra Sun:

Shiny Reshiram -Found in a Green wormhole after about 700 soft resets with the Shiny Charm. I was going a little slower than usual as I was worried of soft resetting over it but it is in fact a very noticeable Shiny. The rings it has have changed to gold and it has red eyes and pink flames. A very elegant Shiny that works incredibly well and I particularly like the pink flames.

It was caught by False Swiping with my Decidueye (Luckily Reshiram decided to not use Fusion Flare) before I used Roto Catch and caught it in an Ultra Ball. It has a Gentle nature which whilst not great competitively fits the Pokemon well and I'm not a competitive battler anyway.

Pokemon Black was the game that got me back into the series after taking a break throughout the whole of Gen 4 and naturally I had Reshiram in my first ever Unova team (Along with other Unova Pokemon I really like such as Lilligant and Gothitelle). :) Reshiram was of course Shiny locked in Gen 5 and I couldn't get it in Gen 6 either due to getting Alpha Sapphire.

Whilst Virizion is my favourite Legendary overall Reshiram is my favourite 'Box Legendary' and I am very pleased to obtain the gold ringed white dragon. :)

Surprisingly in the Normal Battle Tree modes box legendaries are allowed so I took Reshiram straight to the Battle Tree to get it a Battle Tree Ribbon.

Pokelover586

Shiny Hunter of 6 Years
Years
This is my very first post. I have been a shiny hunter for 6 years now, yet surprisingly haven't come across this thread before. Well, I will list off every shiny I have gotten, and beware, there are a LOT. I will start with my Shiny Badge Quests.

Shiny Badge Quests:
Pokémon Black
[BQ#1] Snivy - 2,704 SRs
[BQ#2] Sawk - 1,921 REs (Dark Grass)
[BQ#3] Pidove - 4,619 REs (Dark Grass)
[BQ#4] Venipede - 266 eggs (Masuda Method)
[BQ#5] Blitzle - 2,236 REs (Dark Grass)
[BQ#6] Minccino - 980 REs (Dark Grass)

Pokémon SoulSilver
[BQ#1] Totodile - 2,018 SRs
[BQ#2] Mareep - ? REs

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
[BQ#1] Treecko - 4,382 SRs
[BQ#2] Ralts - DexNav Search Level: 264

Other Shinies:
Generation 2 (Pokémon Silver):
Totodile - 13 eggs - Shiny Ditto Breeding
Cyndaquil - 54 eggs - Shiny Ditto Breeding
Chikorita - 14 eggs - Shiny Ditto Breeding
Chikorita - 1 egg - Shiny Ditto Breeding
Dratini - 6 eggs - Shiny Ditto Breeding

Generation 4 (Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum):
Zubat - Random Full Odds Shiny
2 Shinx - Pokeradar
10 Aron - Pokeradar
2 Absol - Pokeradar
3 Mareep - Pokeradar
Starly - Pokeradar
9 Eevee - Pokeradar
Bagon - Pokeradar
2 Gastly - Pokeradar
2 Gligar - Pokeradar
Skarmory - Pokeradar
Poochyena - Pokeradar
3 Bellsprout - Pokeradar
Vulpix - Pokeradar
5 Buizel - Pokeradar
2 Meowth - Pokeradar

Generation 4 (Pokémon HeartGold):
Gyarados - Lake of Rage

Generation 5 (Pokémon White):
Oshawott - 1,306 SRs

Generation 5 (Pokémon Black 2):
Haxorus - Nature Preserve
Gible - Floccesy Town Gift
Cottonee - ? REs (Shiny Charm)
Vibrava - 20 REs (Shiny Charm)
Sandile - 827 REs (Shiny Charm)
Driftblim - 1,177 REs (Shiny Charm)
Tropius - 582 REs (Shiny Charm)
Purrloin - 2,641 REs (Shiny Charm)
Pidove - 687 REs (Shiny Charm)

Generation 6 (Pokémon X and Y):
Skrelp - 23 fishing reels
Poliwhirl - 26 fishing reels
Poliwhirl - 25 fishing reels
Chinchou - 26 fishing reels
Clamperl - 16 fishing reels
Frogadier - Random (Friend Safari)
Fennekin - 930 eggs (Masuda Method)
Minccino - Random (Friend Safari)
Houndour - 202 eggs (Masuda Method)
Snivy - 544 eggs (Masuda Method)
Doduo - Random Full Odds
Mudkip - 534 eggs (Masuda Method)
Torchic - 2 eggs (Masuda Method)
Oshawott - 668 eggs (Masuda Method)
Chespin - 178 eggs (Masuda Method)
Wingull - 24 Horde Encounters
Magikarp - 25 fishing reels
Charmander - 700 eggs (Masuda Method)
Spoink - Random Full Odds
Cyndaquil - 568 eggs (Masuda Method)
Treecko - 1,328 eggs (Masuda Method)
Froakie - 52 eggs (Masuda Method)
Tepig - 97 eggs (Masuda Method)
Fletchling - Pokeradar
Pikachu - Pokeradar
Eevee - Pokeradar
Riolu - Pokeradar
Klefki - Pokeradar
Phantump - Pokeradar
Skiddo - Pokeradar
Croagunk - Pokeradar
Goomy - Pokeradar
Totodile - 263 eggs (Masuda Method)
Turtwig - 5 eggs (Masuda Method)
Braixen - Less Than 100 REs (Friend Safari)
Scatterbug - 2 REs
Skiddo - Random Full Odds
Abra - ? REs (Friend Safari)
Duosion - ? REs (Friend Safari)
Pawniard - Pokeradar
Litleo - Pokeradar
Lillipup - Random (Friend Safari)
Espurr - ? REs (Friend Safari)
Chikorita - 1 egg (Masuda Method)
Purrloin - 86 eggs (Masuda Method)
Dedenne - Random (Friend Safari)
Vullaby - ? REs (Friend Safari)
Nosepass - 341 Horde Encounters
Electrike - 315 Horde Encounters
Nosepass - 191 Horde Encounters
Nosepass - 343 Horde Encounters
Nosepass - 820 Horde Encounters
Yanma - 394 Horde Encounters
Swanna - 2 REs (Friend Safari)
Bulbasaur - 1,007 eggs (Masuda Method)
Piplup - 282 eggs (Masuda Method)

Generation 6 (Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire):
Feebas - 14 fishing reels
Reshiram - 981 SRs (Shiny Charm)
Zorua - 39 DexNav Encounters
Lugia - 468 SRs (Shiny Charm)
Tyrunt - 516 eggs (Masuda Method)
Porygon - 3 DexNav Encounters

Generation 7 (Pokémon Sun and Moon):
Torkoal - Random Full Odds
Mimikyu - 240 SOS Encounters
Rowlet - 29 eggs (Masuda Method)
Pyukumuku - 13 SOS Encounters
Litten - 306 eggs (Masuda Method)
Popplio - 188 eggs (Masuda Method)
Fletchinder - Random (Shiny Charm)
Squirtle - 455 eggs (Masuda Method)

Generation 7 (Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon):
Altaria - Ultra Wormhole
Sigilyph - Ultra Wormhole
Groudon - 393 SRs (Shiny Charm)
Crustle - Ultra Wormhole
Medicham - Ultra Wormhole
Giritina - 382 SRs (Shiny Charm)
Swellow - Ultra Wormhole
Latios - 76 SRs (Shiny Charm)
Ho-Oh - 1,185 SRs (Shiny Charm)
Rayquaza - 823 SRs (Shiny Charm)

Years
So I am currently SRing for Cresselia in Ultra Sun and in my copy of Soul Silver I was running in the grass on route 34 to find a ditto for breeding Bill's Eevee for my playthrough so that when it becomes Espeon it has access to Confusion and low and behold I run into a shiny one holding quick powder, shame that I don't think I will ever transfer it up to the most recent games but this is the first shiny I have gotten pre-gen 6.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Shinys since my last post (All in Ultra Sun)

Prima the Shiny Gentle Smoochum - Found after about 120 SOS encounters in Seaward Cave. Now a Shiny Jynx. I like how the hair lightens a little and the dress turns pink.

Max the Lonely (Mega) Houndoom - Found after about 42 SOS encounters. He has the Early Bird ability. I'm not sure the blue and yellow on Shiny Houndoom works too well but the darker blue and orange on Mega Houndoom looks great especially the dark orange snout. Also another Ultra Sun Exclusive Pokemon.

Shiny Jolly Swanna - Found in a Red Wormhole. The Purple is a nice touch.

Rose the Shiny Jolly Virizion - Took a while to find a Wormhole containing Virizion but when I did I put a Jolly synchronise Gardevoir at the front of the party and started soft resetting. Incredibly it shined after only about 270 Soft resets : 0 :

I swapped out Gardevoir and started false swiping with Decidueye as he was immune to Virizion's fighting moves. After a few false swipes a Roto Catch Ultra Balls it was caught. :)

The Jolly Synchronise worked and the pink Virizion has high IVs in everything except HP (Which can be bottle capped anyway) and Special Attack which I won't be using.

Virizion is my favourite Shiny Legendary Pokemon and I really like the pink here. Getting it so quickly was a nice surprise too. This might quite possibly be my best ever Shiny Catch. :)

Last edited:
Back