• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Congrats on all new shinies!

Jigglypuff! It's only 10% so it's gonna be quite a few phases, I imagine, and this is only my 2nd. I'd just appreciate it if the phases didn't keep going over 10k -grumbles at games-

Gee, good luck! I would be overwhelmed at the thought of hunting something with a 10% chance!

I just added another cool Pokemon to my shiny collection, though this one came through Wonder Trade! I had heard of people sending off shinies but never actually thought I would get one! In return I gave him a 3IV (at least, was 3 stars in DexNav) lvl 45 Buneary and *I think* its hidden ability, at least it wasn't something like a lvl 3 Surskit!

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• Yesterday was a lucky day! I finally chained that Ralts I was looking for (no HA though), and traded with a lovely person for these two cuties!

I'm pretty excited about the Nidoran since I'm a big fan of that color scheme. Hoping to eventually get a shiny female Nido to match. c:

Years
  • Oooh congrats all on your new shinies! So much envy. I'm still on the hunt for a shiny female Buneary, I've bred two so far but they were both male. How fun.

Don't think I'll be able to participate in a random hunt with how busy I am in the game but here's hoping!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Congrats!! That's an awesome list of targets, too - I'd really like to see you get all of them! Go for it!

Thanks! I finally managed to get another chain of 40 Miltank last night and it took less than 10 resets for a Shiny patch to appear. Now I have a Shiny Miltank named Robin. Adamant nature, too! Not bad at all considering that I wasn't using Synchronize.

IV-bred about 5 Pokémon on my list, but didn't hatch any Shinies in the process. Currently IV-breeding Vulpix.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years

Was going through Seafloor Cavern in OR, and this guy popped out (full odds). Looks like this year is going to be a lot better to me than last year!

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Look who I finally caught!! Her name is Cappy and she has her hidden ability, which I'm pretty thrilled about. I love my little red mushroom baby. ;o;
    (And thank goodness I'm through with chaining in the Petalburg Woods asdfghjkl.)

Congrats to everyone else on their recent finds! Miltank's colors are lovely, gosh.

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I got another polar pattern scatterbug shiny from MM breeding yesterday. The first was in a dive ball, this one is in a luxury ball. 4ivs again. Too lazy to take a picture with my son's DS of him though lol.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years

Was going through Seafloor Cavern in OR, and this guy popped out (full odds). Looks like this year is going to be a lot better to me than last year!
    Thanks. :3

Congrats! I'd still like to get my own Shiny Golbat in memory of my very first Shiny. I'm hoping that one will pop up while I'm training in Sky Pillar.

Look who I finally caught!! Her name is Cappy and she has her hidden ability, which I'm pretty thrilled about. I love my little red mushroom baby. ;o;
    (And thank goodness I'm through with chaining in the Petalburg Woods asdfghjkl.)

Congrats to everyone else on their recent finds! Miltank's colors are lovely, gosh.
    Congrats! Breloom has really nice Shiny colors! It's not on the top of my list, but I may try hunting for one myself eventually. Adorable name, btw.

Yes, Shiny Miltank is beau~ I love the blue-colored Shinies. I wouldn't mind getting all of them, as well as the pink and purple Shinies.

I got another polar pattern scatterbug shiny from MM breeding yesterday. The first was in a dive ball, this one is in a luxury ball. 4ivs again. Too lazy to take a picture with my son's DS of him though lol.
    Nice! I usually don't mind what IVs my MM'd Shinies have. I do try to breed them with good Natures and IVs, but I settle for whatever they have, even if the IVs didn't distribute the way I would've liked (like my Shiny Sentret/Furret that didn't get a 31 Speed IV and my Lapras that didn't get a 31 Special Attack IV). Not good for competitive play I know, but I'm just a casual.

- - -

Chained another Shiny! I was running out of interesting things to chain in Pearl and, even though it isn't one of my favorites, I decided to chain for Houndoom. Found a Shiny one on my very first attempt.

I was so scared that I was going to lose him because he knew Roar and had gotten my Suction Cups Octillery in the red, but I luckily caught him before Octillery fainted. I named him Kero. :3

Training my recent Shiny finds, hoping to find another Shiny along the way. I'll go back to hatching eggs afterward.

Shinies Found: 136
    Currently Owned: 97

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Thanks. :3

Congrats! I'd still like to get my own Shiny Golbat in memory of my very first Shiny. I'm hoping that one will pop up while I'm training in Sky Pillar.

Congrats! Breloom has really nice Shiny colors! It's not on the top of my list, but I may try hunting for one myself eventually. Adorable name, btw.

Yes, Shiny Miltank is beau~ I love the blue-colored Shinies. I wouldn't mind getting all of them, as well as the pink and purple Shinies.

Nice! I usually don't mind what IVs my MM'd Shinies have. I do try to breed them with good Natures and IVs, but I settle for whatever they have, even if the IVs didn't distribute the way I would've liked (like my Shiny Sentret/Furret that didn't get a 31 Speed IV and my Lapras that didn't get a 31 Special Attack IV). Not good for competitive play I know, but I'm just a casual.

- - -

Chained another Shiny! I was running out of interesting things to chain in Pearl and, even though it isn't one of my favorites, I decided to chain for Houndoom. Found a Shiny one on my very first attempt.

I was so scared that I was going to lose him because he knew Roar and had gotten my Suction Cups Octillery in the red, but I luckily caught him before Octillery fainted. I named him Kero. :3

Training my recent Shiny finds, hoping to find another Shiny along the way. I'll go back to hatching eggs afterward.

Shinies Found: 136
    Currently Owned: 97

Yeah, I'm just happy to get a shiny most of the time. I'm also casual and don't battle, I just enjoy breeding pokemon. I also enjoy searching for the perfect names for them. I've stopped playing just to spend an hour researching stuff on the internet in order to get the perfect name lol

Cute names for a houndoom and a breloom :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm just happy to get a shiny most of the time. I'm also casual and don't battle, I just enjoy breeding pokemon. I also enjoy searching for the perfect names for them. I've stopped playing just to spend an hour researching stuff on the internet in order to get the perfect name lol

Cute names for a houndoom and a breloom :)

I research for nicknames a lot, too. I like giving Pokémon names that I can relate to them, but could also be people names.

Glaceon: Endymion (a beautiful male youth from Greek mythology)
    Persian: Jasper (not only is it a gem, but it's also a Persian-origin name)
    Lapras: Timaeus (a character from one of Plato's works referencing Atlantis)
    Gallade: Aelfric (means "elf ruler")
    Mothim: Thomas (contains all the letters in "moth")
    Dragonair: Frey (a weather god)
    Slowking: Reine (sounds like "rain," since Slowpoke's yawn is said to summon rain, but also means "to rule")
    Quilava: Baelfire (Celtic name meaning "bonfire")
    Houndoom: Kero (short for "Keroberos," the romanized Japanese name for Cerberus, the three-headed guard dog of Hades)

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I research for nicknames a lot, too. I like giving Pokémon names that I can relate to them, but could also be people names.

Slowking: Reine (sounds like "rain," since Slowpoke's yawn is said to summon rain, but also means "to rule")
    Houndoom: Kero (short for "Keroberos," the romanized Japanese name for Cerberus, the three-headed guard dog of Hades)

I love them all :D That's about the way I do it, though I sometimes pull from fandoms I'm a part of as well. I researched flowers and plants for over 3 hours to find names for each Vivillon pattern on my wishlist lol. My favourite is Sura for the garden pattern (Inuit name for Willow, my favourite tree, for a vivillon in my favourite colour).

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • So I was Wonder Trading my non-shiny hatches that I left in my boxes and this happened:

Spoiler:

Well that's pretty fantastic if you ask me.

Years
  • I research for nicknames a lot, too. I like giving Pokémon names that I can relate to them, but could also be people names.

Aw man I'm glad I'm not the only one obssessed with finding their perfect names. A couple of my favourites are Argorok for a Noibat, after the dragon boss from Zelda, I named my Moltres Ra, Articuno Odin and Zapdos Thor for obvious reasons. Hmm. My recent Litwick was Hitodama:
    Wikipedia said:
    In Japanese folklore, Hitodama (Japanese 人魂; meaning "human soul") are balls of fire that mainly float in the middle of night.
    And my Gastly was Cheshire, because Gengar's grin!
    /end random naming post.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Aw man I'm glad I'm not the only one obssessed with finding their perfect names. A couple of my favourites are Argorok for a Noibat, after the dragon boss from Zelda, I named my Moltres Ra, Articuno Odin and Zapdos Thor for obvious reasons. Hmm. My recent Litwick was Hitodama:

And my Gastly was Cheshire, because Gengar's grin!
    /end random naming post.

Your whole name researching process sounds very similar to mine. Mythology is usually one of my first go-to places, though sometimes it's scientific names or terms dealing with their elements. My shiny Karrablast was named Vlasta after the leader of a group of warrior women in Bohemian myth. However, once she evolved and looked like a jousting knight an homage to Brienne of Tarth came to mind and I named her Tarthienne instead.

The Maiden's War story is interesting though so I may use Vlasta for another poke.

Anywho, yeah, I can geek out about nicknames hehe. It's the perfect crown for that shiny you've been hunting awhile. In the immortal words of Hagrid "He's gotta have a name now don't he?" or in the less immortal words of Walter from Tremors "We gonna be sorry we don't give it a name."

For me, the best trades come with nicknames like yours :D

Years
  • Huge congrats to Saronai on Charmeleon, KKN on Misdreavus, Paul on your interesting wonder trade catch, and Trainer Wren for.. all those beautiful shinies! Sorry if I missed anyone D:

I do tend to geek out about my nicknames XD It gives them so much more personality. And the hunt gives you plenty of time to think of one!

Anywho, it seems I have also been blessed by the gods of the hunt...

After 14,674 (and a lovely 26,000 seen since my last shiny), Marley the shiny shaymin appeared<3

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Huge congrats to Saronai on Charmeleon, KKN on Misdreavus, Paul on your interesting wonder trade catch, and Trainer Wren for.. all those beautiful shinies! Sorry if I missed anyone D:

I do tend to geek out about my nicknames XD It gives them so much more personality. And the hunt gives you plenty of time to think of one!

Anywho, it seems I have also been blessed by the gods of the hunt...

After 14,674 (and a lovely 26,000 seen since my last shiny), Marley the shiny shaymin appeared<3

Awesome catch! Grats!

I got lucky again today too. I was uncovering all the pokes in the friend safaris I recently opened up thanks to my egg giveaway and encountered
    Selena (because I didn't have time to research so various names for Catwoman came to mind lol)

I don't have access to a second 3DS right now to take a picture of the actual Selena >.>

Also...how do you all keep track of such huge numbers of non-encounters? I lost count so many times just breeding less than 500 Audinos.

Years
  • Awesome catch! Grats!

I got lucky again today too. I was uncovering all the pokes in the friend safaris I recently opened up thanks to my egg giveaway and encountered
    Selena (because I didn't have time to research so various names for Catwoman came to mind lol)

I don't have access to a second 3DS right now to take a picture of the actual Selena >.>

Also...how do you all keep track of such huge numbers of non-encounters? I lost count so many times just breeding less than 500 Audinos.
    Huge congrats! Definitely a future target of mine, Liepard is so pretty.

I always hunt sat at my computer (so I can film while keeping my phone on charge and having youtube for entertainment), so I just keep the windows calculator up and do 1 + 1 and keep pressing the = button every time I do an encounter.

Back