• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Yowser! I guess that's why it's called Wonder Trade.

During an Hour of Wonder Trading yesterday I was traded a Shiny Latias. I really like the Yellow colour and White colour scheme here although am not a big fan of the Green Mega.

She has an Adamant nature and whilst not a fan of using Legendaries, Latias is my Favourite Psychic Legendaries and will be great fun to use in Contests. :)

Shiny Male Sandshrew - Obtained on the GTS for a Dialga. Whilst generally not a fan of Green on Shinies I think it works surprisingly well here. I may evolve him into a Red Spined Sandslash.

Shiny Male Mudkip - For a mere male Axew. The Purple works well here. He is very cute in Pokémon Amie and I don't think I will evolve him.

Years

Yowser! I guess that's why it's called Wonder Trade.

During an Hour of Wonder Trading yesterday I was traded a Shiny Latias. I really like the Yellow colour and White colour scheme here although am not a big fan of the Green Mega.

She has an Adamant nature and whilst not a fan of using Legendaries, Latias is my Favourite Psychic Legendaries and will be great fun to use in Contests. :)

Shiny Male Sandshrew - Obtained on the GTS for a Dialga. Whilst generally not a fan of Green on Shinies I think it works surprisingly well here. I may evolve him into a Red Spined Sandslash.

Shiny Male Mudkip - For a mere male Axew. The Purple works well here. He is very cute in Pokémon Amie and I don't think I will evolve him.

You have some shiny luck on wondertrade

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 6336 Route 116 encounters

Shiny Boss Nincada will be mine! Someday. Someday... {:3}

I got Hoopa yesterday!

Congrats to CharmedGardy on the nine (9!!!) shinies since I last posted, 5 days ago! "lol" awesome job!

This years one required 25 by my count, including 6 legendaries (which you have to SR for) and SRing takes a LOT more time than horde hunting (take it from someone who has done both extensively!). But if you wanted to make it 30 include chaining/FS that would work as well, as both those methods are pretty easy/quick. AFAIK I am the only one who did the yearly quest, so maybe an easier one would be a better idea?

Hmm, good point. Although, I didn't really think of the completion of the Yearly Quest as requiring completion of all the tiers. I wasn't really sure how many shinies would be appropriate, so I thought the tier system would be a good solution. I decided to make a ridiculous number of tiers that no one would ever be able to complete, and people would just compare their progress at the end of the year to see who got furthest. "lol"

We could try the tier system again, so that people could complete the Yearly Quest without having to get so many shinies, but there'd be like "Bonus Tiers" or something for people to go even further and push their shiny hunting limits? I'll have to remember to double whatever I think is way too much this time! {XD}

A couple days ago I was able to catch my second shiny Terrakion. It almost killed itself with struggle but able to catch it in a timer ball.

Congrats! It almost killed itself with Struggle!? Man, that must've been a long battle. Nicely done to be able to catch such a tough shiny!

Nice! I got alpha sapphire today and I'm currently dex naving Slakoff

Sweet! How's the hunt going?

I've been hunting for a shiny Delibird in the Friend Safari but no joy yet. I'm not enjoying it as much as chaining or horde encounters as with those methods, chaining especially, I feel like I'm actually hunting rather than just wandering around and hoping the next encounter will be the one! If I'm successful however I'll probably change my mind!

Good luck! Imagine yourself as a shiny hunter stalking throughout the tall grass, searching for that ever-elusive shiny!

*attacks a wild Nincada, but then realizes it's not shiny*

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • 6336 Route 116 encounters

Shiny Boss Nincada will be mine! Someday. Someday... {:3}

I got Hoopa yesterday!

Congrats to CharmedGardy on the nine (9!!!) shinies since I last posted, 5 days ago! "lol" awesome job!

Hmm, good point. Although, I didn't really think of the completion of the Yearly Quest as requiring completion of all the tiers. I wasn't really sure how many shinies would be appropriate, so I thought the tier system would be a good solution. I decided to make a ridiculous number of tiers that no one would ever be able to complete, and people would just compare their progress at the end of the year to see who got furthest. "lol"

We could try the tier system again, so that people could complete the Yearly Quest without having to get so many shinies, but there'd be like "Bonus Tiers" or something for people to go even further and push their shiny hunting limits? I'll have to remember to double whatever I think is way too much this time! {XD}

Yeah, I know what you mean - it should be tough, but more people participating would be good :) Anyone else who has any comments should speak now :)

2 more ideas I have had:

Pokemon Alphabet - get 1 shiny for each letter. EITHER (depending on desired difficulty):
    - Catch a Cyndaquil, counts for C
    - Catch a Cyndaquil, counts for C, Q and T
    - Catch a Cyndaquil, counts for C, Q OR T (you choose one)

OR

Come up with like 20-30 teams (like I suggested before, all a theme of some sort. Maybe even more if we have some good ideas). Any one Pokemon can count for many teams. Whoever can make the most teams from the list (or the first to do all) wins :)

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • @G-Money keep it up, that nincada will be yours soon, believe in the sparkles!!

So today I decided to try my hand at another method to catch shinies (have only being successful with the pokerader in Platinum.)

I have been chain fishing in Omega Sapphire and ended up with
    Wailmer x5
    Barboach
    Magikarp.

7 shinies in a day whoop whoop! ^^

One wailmer will be evolved into a wailord, one will stay a wailmer the rest is for trading prolly.

I'll continue my chain fishing quest, to get every single pokemon obtainable by fishing shiny!

Pics will follow! :)

EDIT: add a Shiny Corphish!!! to that list :D

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • Oh my gosh! "lol"

SHINY TAILLOW!!!!!! This is the third one, haha. That Boss Nincada really is throwing all of his henchmen at me! {XD} This Taillow came on encounter #7047, 2 months and 18 days after turning the game on. Now to vanquish the remaining shiny Taillow bodyguards and get to the Shiny Boss Nincada!

I'm at 999:59 in Emerald now, haha!

Not to well but I've decided to wait and shiny hunt after I complete the game

I do the same thing! I like to enjoy the game my first time playing each set of games, and then I start hunting after doing everything else I wanted to do. Have fun!

Yeah, I know what you mean - it should be tough, but more people participating would be good :) Anyone else who has any comments should speak now :)

2 more ideas I have had:

Pokemon Alphabet - get 1 shiny for each letter. EITHER (depending on desired difficulty):
    - Catch a Cyndaquil, counts for C
    - Catch a Cyndaquil, counts for C, Q and T
    - Catch a Cyndaquil, counts for C, Q OR T (you choose one)

OR

Come up with like 20-30 teams (like I suggested before, all a theme of some sort. Maybe even more if we have some good ideas). Any one Pokemon can count for many teams. Whoever can make the most teams from the list (or the first to do all) wins :)

Those are excellent ideas!! I'm totally going to use those for the Yearly Quest, if you don't mind! :)

@G-Money keep it up, that nincada will be yours soon, believe in the sparkles!!

So today I decided to try my hand at another method to catch shinies (have only being successful with the pokerader in Platinum.)

I have been chain fishing in Omega Sapphire and ended up with
    Wailmer x5
    Barboach
    Magikarp.

7 shinies in a day whoop whoop! ^^

Thanks, DarkTorchic! And yes, I was hunting on this same route when you last posted 4 and a half (!!!!!) years ago! :pink_laugh:

Congrats on your 8 shinies in a day - that's awesome!! Hope you find many more soon!

Have a Merry Christmas, SHC!!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Oh my gosh! "lol"

SHINY TAILLOW!!!!!! This is the third one, haha. That Boss Nincada really is throwing all of his henchmen at me! {XD} This Taillow came on encounter #7047, 2 months and 18 days after turning the game on. Now to vanquish the remaining shiny Taillow bodyguards and get to the Shiny Boss Nincada!

I'm at 999:59 in Emerald now, haha!

Those are excellent ideas!! I'm totally going to use those for the Yearly Quest, if you don't mind! :)

Have a Merry Christmas, SHC!!

Congrats on another shiny, even if it isn't the one you really wanted.

My next hunt is likely to be to MM a Dratini, but not sure yet. I will hunt for one at some point. That one will take some time though! Either way, will wait for the new yearly quest and see what it brings as I will have a lot of time over Jan to hunt so will be nice to get a head start!

If I didn't want you using my ideas I wouldn't have suggested them lol :)

And a (late) Merry Christmas to all!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

It's my first ever full odds Shiny. :)

Heart Gold - Kim

Shiny Male Golduck (GOLDUCK) - So grinding my Grass Monotype team for Red on Mount Silver when I run into this guy and caught him in a Net Ball. He has a Naive Nature with the Cloud Nine Ability.

Luckily I knew What Golduck's Shiny form looked like or I may have missed it. I like the darker blue here but what does the pink beak signify, are Shiny Golduck bloodthirsty?

My Shiny luck in non-Gen 6 games is horrendous (My only two Shinys are Shiny Lake of Rage Gyarados and the White Treehollow Dratini) so to finally find a full odds Shiny (1/8192) is great news. (I think in Gen 6 the Shiny Odds are much lower).

Due to the rules of the Monotype I can't use him but will transfer him to my Gen 6 games soon.

X - Stephanie

Shiny Staryu (Kasumi) - Found during a short round of Chain Fishing. I really like the White and blue here.

My first Shiny Staryu (Misty) is now a Shiny Starmie. The Red ring looks a bit off to me but the blue gem and outer is nice.

Kasumi is Misty's Japanese name and I now have her Red/Blue Team in Shiny Form.

Next Hunt-...I am finishing my Monotype before going Shiny Hunting again, maybe I will run into more.

Good luck to everyone on their current and upcoming hunts. :)

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • @G-Money
    Congrats on another nincada bodyguard, your taking out his defensive! Next up the boss himself!

@CharmedGardy

Congrats on the golduck, good thing you caught the fact it was a shiny, look at that pink beak ^^

Pics of the chain fished shinies :D

I ended up also getting a Carvanha, so that's 9 shinies total on the chain fishing trip ^^
    Here are the shinies! :)

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post... :s

Today's shiny fishing trip yielded another two wailmers & LUVDISC :t370: yay
    ^^ ^^ ^^

pics will follow!
    Good luck to everyone on their hunts, sending the shiny vibes your way {:3}

Years
  • I have some serious Wonder Trade shiny luck seeing as last night I got a level 100 shiny Starmie and a friend of mine in America got a shiny Jigglypuff which is one of her favourite pokemon

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • OMG OMG OMG

Just hatched a shiny charmander on the 29th egg AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    So darm happy, gonna push my luck & get another i hope *fingers crossed*

@Lrachelr5
    Congrats on the shiny luck on wonder trade, never got a shiny like that

UPDATE

Fishing trip #2 shinies

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Hi everyone, I'm new to PC so I thought I'd poke my head into a few threads starting with this one here.

I don't have many shinies yet, but I've recieved a few in trades, and bred a couple.
    My first shiny was a shiny Zangoose I found in a random encounter when I played White. I was pretty surprised! I wasn't really searching for shinies at that point, but I think that initial excitement is what made me want more shinies in X, which is what I play now.

I have so far bred a shiny Charmander which I evolved into Charizard, and a shiny Dratini. I recieved in trade these shinies: Milotic, Sawsbuck (on WT!), Ho-Oh, Articuno, and Yveltal.

I'm currently hoarding foreign pokes with the aim to breed more shinies, but I also want to get better at breeding in general. I'm still pretty confused when it comes to breeding for IVs and natures.

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask questions but I'd be interested to hear what everyone's first shiny experience was like. What was the Pokemon? Were you excited? Do you still have it?

Years
  • Hi there, welcome to PC ^^.

Ooooh fun, another shiny hunter XD. Always glad to see more~

Mine was a Zubat that I came across on a Sapphire grinding session... I only noticed the color as it fainted, so I was bummed. The first one I caught was a Shinx on Diamond, after a Pokéradar chain of 42.

Hope you have fun around PC!

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Hi everyone, I'm new to PC so I thought I'd poke my head into a few threads starting with this one here.

I don't have many shinies yet, but I've recieved a few in trades, and bred a couple.
    My first shiny was a shiny Zangoose I found in a random encounter when I played White. I was pretty surprised! I wasn't really searching for shinies at that point, but I think that initial excitement is what made me want more shinies in X, which is what I play now.

I have so far bred a shiny Charmander which I evolved into Charizard, and a shiny Dratini. I recieved in trade these shinies: Milotic, Sawsbuck (on WT!), Ho-Oh, Articuno, and Yveltal.

I'm currently hoarding foreign pokes with the aim to breed more shinies, but I also want to get better at breeding in general. I'm still pretty confused when it comes to breeding for IVs and natures.

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask questions but I'd be interested to hear what everyone's first shiny experience was like. What was the Pokemon? Were you excited? Do you still have it?

My first was a Rapidash and is to this day my favorite shiny! SILVER FLAMES FOR THE WIN!!!!!!! I found it and at the time had no idea what a shiny was so I flipped out and cause I was afraid I might faint it I used my only master ball to catch it. I then went to professor Oak (in Soulsilver) and thought something might happen if I talked to him with it in my party but nothing happened so I went to google and learned everything I could! So in other words I was really really really in to infinity excited! My second shiny was a Bibarel that I found in Platinum using Pokeradar after a chain of about 10-15 but the thing was I was chaining Bagon so I got a shiny after I broke the chain lol!

P.S I just found a challenge in the challenges section that has you go through the game with any Pokemon but you have to start with a shiny starter and get a shiny before each gym and each of the e4 and the champion and if you want ANY OF THE BIG FIGHTS. You can also opt to have your team be nothing but shiny Pokemon. I intend to do a run of Black with this challenge!

G-Money

Years
  • Happy 2016! It's time for a new Yearly Quest!!

The 2016 Yearly Quest: The Shinies are Teeming!!!!
    It's 2016, and the shinies are teeming! They're also teaming, creating teams to band together!

Create as many of the following teams as possible!

• Six Grass-type shinies!
    • Six Fire-type shinies!
    • Six Water-type shinies!
    • Six Electric-type shinies!
    • Six Normal-type shinies!
    • Six Fighting-type shinies!
    • Six Ground-type shinies!
    • Six Rock-type shinies!
    • Six Ghost-type shinies!
    • Six Poison-type shinies!
    • Six Flying-type shinies!
    • Six Bug-type shinies!
    • Six Ice-type shinies!
    • Six Psychic-type shinies!
    • Six Dark-type shinies!
    • Six Steel-type shinies!
    • Six Dragon-type shinies!
    • Six Fairy-type shinies!
    • Six shinies from Gen I!
    • Six shinies from Gen II!
    • Six shinies from Gen III!
    • Six shinies from Gen IV!
    • Six shinies from Gen V!
    • Six shinies from Gen VI!
    • Six starters!
    • Six legendaries!
    • Six Pokemon whose names begin with the same letter!

The Yearly Quest lasts until 11:59 PM on December 31st, 2016. Chained and Friend Safaried Pokemon are not allowed, but they can be counted in a parallel "Chained/Friend Safaried Yearly Quest."

Each Pokemon can only count for one team, but you get to pick which team it counts for at the end of the year. Each team may only be completed once.

In addition, there is also a 2016 Challenge: Find Pokemon whose first letters spell out T-W-E-N-T-Y-S-I-X-T-E-E-N! You must find 13 Pokemon to complete this challenge. One Pokemon can only count for one letter (you get to pick which one), but its evolutions could count instead if you so choose. For example, shiny Cyndaquil could count for one of C, Q, or T. Unown count for their letter.

Completing the 2016 Challenge counts as three teams towards the Yearly Quest.

Instead of Monthly Quests, 2016 will feature Seasonal Quests. These will last for several months and allow you to create teams for the Yearly Quest that will not be available as choices during the other seasons of the year. Get the Seasonal Teams while they last!!

It's Winter, so we get to have The 2016 Winter Quest!!!!

The following teams are available:

• Six shinies whose names spell WEGOOD
    • Six shinies whose names spell ILOVEU
    • Six blue shinies
    • Six white shinies
    • The Kit Fisto Team!!!

In honor of the unambiguously coolest Clone Wars Jedi, The Kit Fisto Challenge is available for you to complete in shiny form!

To complete the amazingly-cool Kit Fisto team, you must find one of each of the following:

• A green shiny!
    • A shiny who smiles!
    • A shiny who can learn Dive!
    • A shiny who can learn Calm Mind!
    • A shiny with a base Special Attack over 120!
    • A shiny who is undeniably cool! Submitting a Pokemon like Oddish or Sunkern for this portion of the Quest will result in immediate banishment from the club.

The 2016 Winter Quest will last until 11:59 PM on March 31, 2016.

Huge thanks to Paulthagerous for the Yearly and Seasonal Quest ideas!!

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    That's an awesome first shiny to get! And your challenge sounds super fun - let us know about your progress as it's going on! I'm sure you'll get a ton of cool new shinies!

Ok right now I am bored out of my mind soft resetting for a shiny Chimchar. Currently around 80 something soft resets.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Happy 2016! It's time for a new Yearly Quest!!

Huge thanks to Paulthagerous for the Yearly and Seasonal Quest ideas!!

Good luck and have fun!

We've successfully completed 2015, and we can now look back on the regions we created! My region has 10 Pokemon: Rotom, Misdreavus, Totodile, Shelmet, Sandshrew, Taillow, Yamask, Mantyke, another Taillow, and another Taillow! Thirty percent of all Pokemon encountered on my island would be Taillow, but it's pretty cool too because you have a 30% chance of encountering a Rotom, Misdreavus, or Yamask. My region is probably a haunted island, with 3 Ghosts, 2 Waters, a Ground, a Bug, and 3 Flying, haha.

You're welcome, and happy new year!

You really made the quest this year impossible to complete lol! Hopefully I can at least put in a solid showing....

Anyway, couple of questions:

• Can you use the same Pokemon for both a Seasonal team, the 2016 challenge, and the yearly challenge? Or is it 1 only?
    • Does the Cyn = C Q or T rule apply to the seasonal teams?
    • If, say Eevee doesn't count for a team but, say, Espeon does because it is green, do you have to evolve it to count? Or can you just leave it as an Eevee?

@Toastededibles, my first Pokemon was a Shuppet. I caught it on Sapphire, before Emerald was even out, and was climbing Mount Pyre when it appeared! I knew what a shiny was, but never thought I would actually catch one! Now of course, I have a few more....

Back