• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2008
    i got 1 but it probably sound fake.
    i used to have a pokemon emerald, japanese version. i got a normal trapinch and when it evolve to a vibrava, it was a shiny vibrava. a red one. once it evolve agained it turn back to a normal flygon not shiny. but i really have 1.

i dont really expect you guys 2 believe in me but it really did happen and im positive about it. if anyone kno y it turn out like that please tell me

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I was using my friend's saphire to get a ludicolo for a team i was bulding,

He said I should breed him a decent Lotad while Im at it.

Of course, I told him I would get the first one and he would get the second one...

Mine was shiny ^^ they are so cool when they are red tbh :D

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    i got 1 but it probably sound fake.
    i used to have a pokemon emerald, japanese version. i got a normal trapinch and when it evolve to a vibrava, it was a shiny vibrava. a red one. once it evolve agained it turn back to a normal flygon not shiny. but i really have 1.

i dont really expect you guys 2 believe in me but it really did happen and im positive about it. if anyone kno y it turn out like that please tell me

I've heard of this happening before. If the Emerald you have was used when you got it, there probable used a hacking device like gameshark on it. Useing hacking devices can accualy rewrite the program permently even when its not what it was intendid for. Its also possible that you have a pokemon emerald rom hack that make vibrave shiny for no apparant reason.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    Okay, so I was just experimenting with the Arceus event with my AR( I don't do anything with the Arceus ) so I battled one in the Hall of Origin. Guess what. It was shiny on the first try! I didn't even use the shiny code! I just decided to toss a luxury ball at it for the heck of it, and before I knew it, it captured Arceus! I guess I'm really lucky.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2008
    well, i played my emerald on the actual gba handheld console so i dont think that it would be hacked

Blaine's Best Student

Elite 4 Member
    Years
    without cheating Ive seen three shinies in my lifetime, 1st was on crystal it was a shiny ditto, the second time was on fire red and it was a zubat, and the third time was on ruby and it was a whishmr

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I've caught a shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone. It was a dull pink. :3

Unfortunately, I accidentally saved over my data and now that Rhyhorn is gone. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2014
    I found a shiny unown (i) on pokemon firered. Used pal-park to put it on pokemon pearl

Never seen any other shiny pokemon though >_<

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    Just today I had a strange coincidence with my Poke'mon Leaf green game.
    Last night I had some strange dream I was playing my pokemon game (yeah you know your a nerd when) and I dreamed I caught a Shiny Red Gyrados that for some reason was slightly stronger than regular Gyrados and it knew Dragons Claw, Fire Blast, thunderwave and I forget the last one.

Anways I forget the rest of the dream but the coincidence is this morning I was playing my game and I was training my Starmie in Victory cave and I ran into another Shiny Machoke. O_O

p.s. I caught the Machoke

Years
    Well I did catch a Shiny Wurmple, it was erm ugly. Very very ugly, and the only reason I was catching it, was because I restarted my game. That was because I drained my old save file of the strong pokes and basically made all the pokemon remaining look so weak.

So really, I hated the Wurmple but it was like the only Shiny poke I had, besides this one Magikarp, which was Modest nature. ._.

Xenart

Organization XIII Member
    Years
    I was raising a Totodile in Firered (no not a hack trade from emerald for completing pokedex) so anyways While I was raising it, I had come across a shiny Spearow and I didn't have any pokeballs so I couldn't catch it. So lesson learned here, is always have pokeballs with you.

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    first shiny was a zubat
    second was a shiny sneasel

then to my bad luck i found....... a shiny delibird without any pokeballs. i was ready to toss my ds at the wall and hang off the telephone wires till i blow up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    I'm trying to find a shiny Poochyena. Been looking on Route 103 as it appears more often in sapphire. I would try Emerald but I haven't gotten a shiny out of it in over 3 years.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Mi first pokémon shiny was a duskull, and I catched it! :)

After that, I see more, ratata, pidgey,zubat, ryhorn...etc
    But I never see/catch one pokémon legenday shiny :(

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    In sapphire i was hunting for a bagon and kept getting golbats and the first bagon i saw was a shiny one i was so excited i threw my master ball at it and had to trade the one from emerald to catch latias lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    My shinies are in my signature. I've been SRing for shiny Lileep in Emerald, the one that gave me my second shiny Torchic(the first is now a Blaziken). Also have several other targets in various games, but no shinies yet.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Shiny Shuppet outside Safari zone in Sapphire, oh and in Ruby when I battled Poochyena when he was attacking the prof IT WAS SHINY!!! I was pissed as hell

Back