• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Shokugeki no Souma

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I find Nikumi tolerable most times. But when she stands still and they animate her chest to jiggle that much? Eeeeeeeh

Also, this show makes me want to eat more and more foods. XD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I really like Ikumi as a character. But I can see why people don't. She's just a jiggle show for the most part and resident tsundere part 2 (1 being Erina). Her boob jiggle was ridiculous in episode 23, dear god. I like how they're ending where they are. A showdown between Soma and Hayama. Cool shizz right there. :3

The manga's going in a direction I like, too! Can't wait for the latest chapter! (whose raws are already out and something big is DEFINITELY happening!)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I personally thought the jiggle-physics breaking in episode 23 was pretty funny, because it was definitely meant to be more ridiculous than...I dunno, sexually appealing. It went the full mile from standard to gratuitous to humorously ridiculous, and if they'd stopped half way I probably would have been annoyed or even disappointed.

Not that it added much to the episode. That paired with the twins doing what they do really threw off the equality balance that this show's known for.

derozio

Years
    In the anime, yes, donny. :p But don't worry, she gets her share of the spotlight later on. In fact, the current arc is all about her. And it looks like it'll be glorious. :'D

Years
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to Erina development but it'll be a slow progress given the weekly wait.

Well its fine, I already like her enough as is so any developments are good developments.

derozio

Years
    Yeah, that kinda sucks. But you can be sure that she gets focus, at least :p

Same as Crackin, I love her enough as a character to like any kind of development she sees. In fact, her interaction with Soma are some of my all time faves from the manga. :3

I don't even need to say this but I'm kinda biased towards her too. Her design is just too friggin cute for me to not be biased lololol. As far as male characters go, I like Ryou's design the most. Alice's aide. Guy looks like a badass. <3

Edit:
    Spoiler:

this face of Erina's in the manga. so friggin adorable <333

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Just watched the last episode. It was a really good sendoff. It looked great, there were so many gif-able moments (I'd say more than the entirety of the series), it's hilarious and never hits the chill button, and it has a good amount of fanservice (in the more literal sense, doing one of my favorite last episode practices, though the sexual stuff's there too, of course).

Don't regret watching it, though I'm gonna miss Shokugeki.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    Great end to the series. every episode of this show has been thoroughly entertaining and manages to get me excited for the next. All the characters are likable and I've never heard the word 'umami' being used more than anywhere else besides form this show. Hoping this gets a season 2 in the future.

derozio

Years
    I've heard that the sales for this series weren't all that great. Or am I confusing sales with the TV ratings? I'm not sure. Just a rumor I heard from people who are skeptical of a second season for this. They even used this last episode as evidence - said that it felt more like a proper closure than something that's definitely leading upto something more.

But I doubt the fact that a JUMP series as popular as this would just get the shaft (bad one I know...). It HAS to get another adaptation. It consistently ranks in the top 10 of most sold manga per year so I can't just imagine it disappearing after just one season. I don't want it to. It'll be too sad of a thing after such a wonderful adaptation this was.

It was a wonderful ride. One I enjoyed the most out of all the shows I watched. Love Soma and the gang and all the epic reactions and all those delicious dishes. I'll miss it so bad. ;___;

I'm glad we have the manga that's a regular release at this point. Otherwise I'd have felt a really humongous void. That's how much I liked this series.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I am on the 10th episode now and I like it. the constant food tasting moment stuff was getting sort of annoying when it lasted like 3 hours, so I am glad the scenes are shortened. They just took a bit away from the show when they lasted an extremely long time. I dont really mind the ecchi.

I like Soma, but I can't tell if he is just purposely cocky or not. It seems like its just his personality and he does not mean to offend anyone.

I have heard the recipes are in the manga, which is really cool!

Last edited:
    Back