• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Sirfetch'd revealed

Years
    It's nice they gave an evolution but I never thought Farfetch'd needed one.
    Agreed. I feel like I'm in the minority, but I've always disliked it when pokemon get new evolutions in later generations. Don't particularly know why lol just kind of a pet peeve.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    So smug, I love it already, first time since Corviknight that I immediately liked a new Pokemon tbh. Doesn't seem like Sirfetch'd are cooked with their weapons like Farfetch'd - that'd be an unfortunate way to retire. Now all we need is the Shield counterpart.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2019
    This evolution is truly worth the wait. I really like the design of it having a lance. I wonder how it evolves, like is there a special method or are we just going to level it up? Anyway, now I want my Chatot to have its own evolution as well because real-life England is known for their Music Artists.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I love him. It's odd that he's pure Fighting and a Sword exclusive but he has a smug face and a huge leak sword and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Honestly, if they were going to give an evolution to Farfetch'd, they could have given him his original swan-like evolution that was eventually dropped.

Sirfetch'd revealed

And it would make sense for an UK-inspired region.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I wonder if there might be a Shield exclusive Sirfetch'd variant that is completely defensive based and has armor or something. :o

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
    It's... fine? It's okay. But I'd rather we get more Pokemon announced at a time. A bit more for everyone to find something if you don't like the one or two that were just revealed, you know?

Years
    It's underwhelming to say the most.
    I just don't like it. He feels underdesigned to me. Very plain and basic, only discerning feature being a smug face.
    Even the name, it's the definition of pandering.

Madam was way better designed, they should've used it as inspiration.

Years
    I was going to get Pokemon Shield because I prefer Zamazenta of the two cover legendaries, but I am curious about this Sirfetch'd now. So my choice may not be so locked in. I admit it's unexpected and perhaps unnecessary to evolve Farfetch'd since this Pokemon was always meant to be a joke. On the one hand I think they could have directed their attention to other previous generation Pokemon in need of an evolution, on the other hand I do like the design for Sirfetch'd, his name and his noble dex entry. Since he is here I would be willing to try him out. Let's see if Pokemon Shield will have an answer to Sirfetch'd among it's version exclusives.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I wonder if there might be a Shield exclusive Sirfetch'd variant that is completely defensive based and has armor or something. :o
    I think it's more likely we're getting a Galarian evolution for another standalone Pokemon for Shield version. KInda like how Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix were version exclusives.
    Great design poor moveset
    Eh, we only know of the one new move - maybe there'd be other changes to its movepool.

Will the Stick item apply to Sirfetch'd as well, I wonder? (It increased its critcal hit rate.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Considering how highly anticipated this pokémon was, they'll really need to pull something big and cool to get anyone to buy Shield now lol

Back