• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slow Pokemon that need to be fast

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • So basically, are there any mons that are normally slow statwise that you think should have been fast instead?

I know someone's gonna say Vikavolt, and my guess to why that one is slow is because it takes time for it to charge an attack. But base 40 speed is still an exaggeration.

Why is Samurott slow, though? It looks sleek, it uses blades to attack, shouldn't that all make it fast instead? Even if we see the speed stat as like, reaction time or reflexes it still doesn't make sense, in fact, that just makes it more questionable why it isn't fast! I don't think I'll ever understand why that, Decidueye, and Lurantis are all slow.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    On appearance: Luxray. It's a lynx, and it's Electric (one of the fastest types on average). You wouldn't expect Speed of all things to be literally its worst stat.

On lore... well, this Dex entry comes to mind:
    "It flies across the sky at Mach speeds. Removing the seal on its chest makes its internal energy go out of control."

Nobody would imagine by the first half of the sentence that this description is about a Pokémon with 55 base Speed, which is a Robot but it's Ghost type, and flies at mach speeds but it's Ground type.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    On appearance
    • Dewgong. How is Speed its worst stat (base 70, tied with its offenses)?
    • Absol. Always expects this thing to be quick. Nope. Just base 75 Speed.
    • Spidops. What did it do to deserve base 35 Speed? Looks faster than Kakuna and Cherubi.
    • Mudsdale. Also base 35 Speed. Understands being slow, but not this slow.
    • Glastrier and Copperajah. Shares a base 30 Speed. Why are these as slow as a Smoliv? (Gave the former ridiculous stats. Understands the in-game stat reason. Also notes base 40 Speed on Cufant.)
    • Ariados. Since when is this thing base 40 Speed? Why is it tied with Shellder?

On in-game stats
    Sunflora. Moves way too slow for its statline. Ties Slakoth at base 30. Underspeeds even with Chlorophyll.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm playing Colosseum right now and using a furret.

It has a base 90 speed stat. That's okay, but for something that crumbles so easily I wish it could be a little bit higher. It's very weak in all other stats and I thought they might be a little more generous with how fast it is.

Granted...it is an early route pokemon after all.

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
  • Well, throught my mind comes Bisharp. It's looks like a agile and intrepid Pokémon, able to attack easily with great precisition. But no, Gamefreak made it pretty slow for any apparent reason

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Frosmoth. Base 65 speed is low and I continuously expect it to be faster. Still love it though!

Oh yes, that too. Also a fan of that mon but don't get why it's slow. Recendtly decided to add it to the same club as Decidueye, Lurantis and especially Samurott who I'll continue to mention. Seriously that should not have been slow, I can only imagine it'll be so much better it were fast, just the statement of 'a giant sword weilding sea creature is one of the weaker starters' just sounds wrong to me…

Years
  • Crabominable - It doesn't necessarily need to be super speedy, but it's slower than it's previous stage.

Wishiwashi - It's mainly because of New Snap, where you can see these little fishies dart of very quick. A speed of 40 or 30 just doesn't match at all.

Rhyhorn - Charges at you pretty fast in Legends Arceus.

Back