• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Already? Wow. I'm still 3500 words till the end beginning lol.
    i tend to fall in the 1k-3k range with everything i wtite, be it chapters or one-shots. thats what it takes for me to say what i need to say ig! so it doesnt take me long to smack it down and the rest is just refining word choice. i lost my wordiness a long time ago lol

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Sadly I now have too many responsibilities all at once, which is such a shame because I had it planned and was excited to try! But I haven't even written a single word yet (it's all being processed in my head) and I won't manage by the deadline, especially with an important quiz coming up. Still, I wish you guys heaps of fun!! It'll be nice seeing your completed stories! :)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • It's not looking like I'll be able to get proofreading *and* corrections done by tomorrow, so I'll maybe ask for a extension or die like a writer. On the good side, I have the beginning and the end done! So I only have to mostly write the middle.

You know, that part that actually connects everything...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My issue is starting and I never know how or when to start when it comes to something like this.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • An extension would be nice, ngl. I might be able to send something in but that means writing right away and submitting a first take not like i'll win or anything :3

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I had to change between 2 or three stories and for the one I finally decided I don't think i'll make it in time

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My issue is starting and I never know how or when to start when it comes to something like this.

tbh same for me, for many things, and as hard as it is you just gotta. i usually have a decent-shaped vision before i start and then i just start writing to get it into words and see what comes out!

Venia Silente

Years
  • And I thought I was the only one with issues lol...

I have severe issues to write some connecting tissue that is mostly an introspective, and can't really skip it or else the ending doesn't make sense (and "tell don't show" sucks at contests).

Wishing luck for y'all'r submissions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    If I knew that the Deadline would be postponed then My story would have been better..still no worries
    Either my story is Super cool smelling or it is Super stinky Stinky.
    IDK
    Up to you guys

Venia Silente

Years
  • You can still resend a revised version if you have the time if this is like in previous contests. Wouldn't be fair otherwise. But I'll let the judges do the talking while I do the s u f f e r i n g

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Can I publish this story after the deadline?
    and will the revised version be taken too?
    cuz the rules said 1st entries only

Back