• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] So glad to be — back — here (pt 2, decapitalized)

Years
  • Life has finally calmed down a bit and allowed me to spend a little more time doing the things that I once enjoyed.

People don't joke when they say time flies — I came to the realization today that this year is my ninth (ninth!!) year of membership at PC. There's been a ton of changes in both myself and this place over the years, so I though it would be a good time for a re-introduction.

I'm Draco. But you guys can (also) call me Seth.

Those of you who frequent the ROM hacking sections might know me as the guy who took over the Sigma Emerald project from Tlachtli a while back. If you've been here long enough, you may have even seen my all-cap intro thread (view at your own discretion) posted almost a decade ago 😅

Stoked to be (re?)meeting everyone!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Wow, first intro was in 2012, huh? You've been gone for a long time, Draco! I can't say I remember you, since I just didn't spend time around the fangames section - but hey! Welcome back nevertheless!

Do you plan on picking up where you started with hacking?

Years
  • Welcome back. Time really does have a way of getting away from us doesn't it? I came to that realization fully after my daughter was born, watching her grow really put that notion into crystal clear perspective. Mucho respect for your work in adding to the ROMhack community. I've recently taken up a similar interest in the hobby myself.

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • Welcome back Seth! Hope you enjoy your time (back). I also see you have a pfp of my favorite pseudo (mayyybe behind hydra)

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    hi there! welcome back seth! what's your favourite pokemon?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Life has finally calmed down a bit and allowed me to spend a little more time doing the things that I once enjoyed.

People don't joke when they say time flies — I came to the realization today that this year is my ninth (ninth!!) year of membership at PC. There's been a ton of changes in both myself and this place over the years, so I though it would be a good time for a re-introduction.

I'm Draco. But you guys can (also) call me Seth.

Those of you who frequent the ROM hacking sections might know me as the guy who took over the Sigma Emerald project from Tlachtli a while back. If you've been here long enough, you may have even seen my all-cap intro thread (view at your own discretion) posted almost a decade ago 😅

Stoked to be (re?)meeting everyone!
    Welcome back to the community :) Congrats to the almost-decade! Yeah, people can change a lot in that time, and these forums have changed as its people have, I'd say~ Hopefully for the better according to you!

Nice to meet you, Seth :) I'm Riki. Good luck with your hacking, if you still endeavor to accomplish that :D

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Nice to meet you! I'm also recently returning to (kind of) activity after first being on here over a decade ago. I was also into rom hacking too then! Although somehow I'd bet I contributed far less of anything of actual value to the field, lmao!
    Welcome back!

Years
  • Welcome back! I played ROMs a while back cause you know....didn't own a gameboy. That's the most I've dealth with ROM hacks though but as long as we share our love for Pokemon, I'm sure we'll intertwined on the forums now and again. Glad to hear you returned. Can't wait to get to know you ^^

Years
  • Thanks so much guys — great to meet you all!

Do you plan on picking up where you started with hacking?

It's something that I've been thinking a lot about recently. My last project came to a halt because undergrad got a little hectic, especially with the pandemic. I think it would be cool to pick up again now that I have a much better grasp of what the technical side of software development is like — be it getting back into ROM hacking or even a fresh game development project.

Do I spy a fellow lover of the mighty Salamence? =3

Indeed you do :D

hi there! welcome back seth! what's your favourite pokemon?

Most likely the one on my pfp, but really any Dragon-type haha

Welcome back to the community :) Congrats to the almost-decade! Yeah, people can change a lot in that time, and these forums have changed as its people have, I'd say~ Hopefully for the better according to you!

Absolutely! It's amazing to see how lively the community is even after years of being away :) I've seen friends come and go throughout the years, but life just moves along like that

Back