• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So lets talk about drinking

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • let's go to mexico. i know a club where you get $1 coronas and $.50 tequila shots. who's with me?

I love alcohol. Beer, wine, vodka, rum, tequila, gin, you name it, i drink it. It's so awesome. I tasted my first beer at 16 and never turned back. I remember I said I would never ever ever drink in my life, but I fell into peer pressure and boom, I now like it. I drink almost every weekend. Now, that does sound like I'm an alcoholic, but that doesn't mean I drink a whole 18 pack or two whole bottles of wine/tequila. Unfortunately, because of my low alcohol tolerance in my body, after 2-3 beers or 3 glasses of wine, I'm drunk.

I don't drink as much as I want to anymore. It's not primarily because of interest, but I've come to my limits. lmao.

When I traveled to Bakersfield, CA last week, my dad and I went to a Mexican sports bar where I ordered a margarita and he ordered a Corona with lime. My dad ordered about 5 and got drunk. As a designated driver, I vowed to only drink one margarita (didn't had a lot of alcohol as I thought it would) when the bartender wanted to offer me another. Told him I was a designated driver. Guess what? I got free glasses of soda & water throughout my stay at the bar, because the bartender was concerned about our safety. :3 Bless them.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
  • Although I'm not at the legal age of drinking, I won't drink even if I was. Alcohol and smoking are things I hate the most. Simply said, I want to have a MUCH better way of dying.

Those of you who drink, it was your wish to have it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Let me help clarify things up a bit. Drinking is not a sin in Christianity. It is alright to drink, but you have to be smart about it. Getting drunk is a huge no-no, and if you decide to drink, you have to make sure you know your limits and to not bypass them. It depends on the individual, though. Some Christians, like my pastor, prefer to abstain from drinking as this act might stumble those who are new in the faith. Also yes, Jesus did drink wine as stated in the Bible, but the wine from the past did not have high alcohol content - about less than 1% - because of the less advanced methods of preparation, from what I have learnt and remembered. That little of an amount will never get any person drunk. If there are any discrepancies, please let me know.

Anyways, as for me, I do drink, but not casually. I only drink during occasions such as weddings and parties, but never enough to get me drunk. I don't mind wine (I love sweet fruity white wine!) and I've had sake during my friend's 20th birthday in a Japanese bar, but beer's just not for me.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Also yes, Jesus did drink wine as stated in the Bible, but the wine from the past did not have high alcohol content - about less than 1% - because of the less advanced methods of preparation, from what I have learnt and remembered.

Incorrect. Unless diluted for some reason, most alcoholic content from that era was at least 5-20%.

With diluting, often they would use the 'good wine' first because people could tell the difference, then as they got more intoxicated they used diluted wine to save and the drunks wouldn't notice by then.

The reason for dilution was for lack of sweetener. It was strong as hell taste wise. It was diluted to make it even drinkable. Though undiluted meant stronger. So that was the 'good wine'. But it must be remembered that the juice of grapes, under natural circumstances, will have an alcoholic content of 10-17%, thus even a 3:1 ratio of wine/water would yield a drink of 3-5%, which is similar to an average American beer. Though some cheap folks would water it down even all the way to 20:1, which is barely anything at all. So honestly, it just depends on who you were and what you drank.

I'm betting the stuff Jesus supposedly made through his little water-wine miracle was strong, even says so in the Bible, if you read the story.

John 2:8-10 NIV

"Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet."

They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."

Interesting fact, in that time, without water filtration, it was actually safer to drink wine than water.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I drink on occasion, such as parties or when I'm bored or sad. Like normal drunks, I start off my days with a shot of something unless our house is dry, in which case I go about my day as a normal person and try to actually accomplish something. When I drink I throw caution to the wind and mix all the colors, I usually start with the more potent stuff and then move down the line until I'm intoxicated enough to not really notice what I'm drinking anymore and then you start making milkshakes with Patron Coffee and some Neapolitan ice cream and you wonder what life is because damn that ****'s the bomb.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    When I first started drinking, I was really into it. Then I got too f'd up, had a few experiences, and toned it down a little. Started getting back into a little more out of boredom and stronger sense of self control, and then I fell in love with it even more after my lung surgery which doesn't let me smoke(even if I'm a dumbass and do it a little anyway). I don't smoke(like I used to) so I need something to help loosen me up a little lol. That being said, I still don't drink that often, just more than what I used to. And it's always socially. No fun getting drunk alone.

Yukari

Though no Christian sects, save for those with 'a la cult' status, believe alcohol is evil/a sin to consume. It is no where listed in the CCC that it is wrong. It is a Protestant thing; Baptists, Pentecostals, and LDS mostly. Even then it is not wrong, it is just about moderation and not being drunk in public.
    Let me be clear that I do not believe that drinking is a sin. The reason that my denomination doesn't believe in drinking is because Alcoholism and being Drunk is a sin, and it's simply best not to drink. Though Like you pointed out nowhere in the bible does it say that drinking is evil or that it is a sin to drink.

Though, the statement that you don't drink because you're Christian is a rather large generalization.
    Yeah... I could have, and should have, been more specific instead of lumping all Christians together like I did.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Drinking is fun, but it just has never touched me like other things that can impair you. I've met a lot of alcoholics and with almost all of them there's been a situation where they were ****ed up and I had to be there for them and they've all been pretty sad eye opening moments. I feel like that is why I can't get myself to enjoy it like my friends do, but it's fun when I'm in the mood!

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I don't drink, but it's pretty much because I have no access to it and the majority of my close friends don't. I'm open to it.

Years
  • I'm 23 and have yet to try. Just.. no desire whatsoever. Maybe that comes from having an alcoholic father, I've already grown so tired of seeing and hearing about it. <_<;

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I drink very sporadically. I'm not going to say never, cause that isn't true. But 95% of the time I will refuse a drink if offered one. I don't have a drinking problem or anything. I just never saw the point in it all. I hate people that drink to get drunk, and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I enjoy many different types of drinks, but I rarely drink anymore. I get drunk way too easily. I'm so immature.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I can't stand the taste of alcohol.

Ew me neither
    I rarely drink, but I don't drink because of the taste x_x
    Liquors are all terrible, and beer is bitter

Probably like once a month

Something I never liked- people who are "proud" that they don't drink (unless obviously they overcame alcoholism...)

Something I also hate- people who act like hot stuff because they drink

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Ew me neither
    I rarely drink, but I don't drink because of the taste x_x
    Liquors are all terrible, and beer is bitter

I can relate with this tbh. What I did to help overcome the taste of the booze itself was to mix it with another drink such as cream soda or Dr. Pepper to name a few examples. Think something along the lines of a Cuba Libre aka Rum & Coke.

Back