• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sound or No Sound

Melody

Banned
Years
  • I love silence. I love sound.

Either way, I dont need to have perfect silence around me. But if I sit too long in a silent room I tend to get fidgety if I have nothing to do.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I'd probably go to sleep,which is okay,but I'd prefer it to be sound. Music preferably,people talking bores me just as much as silence. x|

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

BWAH HAH HAH HAH XD

Sorry, not laughing at your question. I was just thinking of the situation.

I'm an avid daydreamer, so music or no music, I'll still daydream with voices in my head (though the music from things I might've heard earlier might overlap with my daydreams X_x). The same goes for sound, I suppose.

So, regardless of the presence of sound/music, I'll still always have my daydream voices in my head.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I absolutely hate silence, and that's only because when it's quiet, I have this serious ringing in my ears. I can almost always hear it, but it's a lot louder in silence. I prefer some form of sound (mainly music). As long as the sound isn't too quiet (and preferably, not too loud), I don't really hear that ringing.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    If i am alone, i prefer listening to music and for some reason im able to concentrate on things more when i am listening to it, rather than in silence. I guess it also depends on my mood too.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I sometimes hate the complete emptiness of sound. There has to be some sound in order for me to relax. Even the slightest hum from the fan thing on my computer relaxes me. I hate it at school where you enter a classroom of complete silence. It makes me restless and irritated for some odd reason.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I hate background noise but because I take a stimulant medication, the background noise isn't hurtful.

I do have a fear of jets and fire trucks. I'm always afraid that a fire truck will go off if I'm near it. The sirens of a fire truck will hurt my ears and cause me to cover my ears in some sort of reflex.

I have mild to moderate Autism so anything loud like thunder, fire trucks, yelling, babies crying, anything that would jump me or be too loud for me to handle, makes me cover up my ears.

I've cried because of thunder before. I've also had outbursts towards my mother for yelling at me and ended up melting down because I hate people who yell at me.

The sound just hurts my ears and I cry with panic.

As for silence, I usually hate being in my room without having the TV going or having both my fans on medium. It all adds up to what I said about sound above, because I'm afraid of hearing sudden noises that might cause me to panic, I have to have noises that bring comfort to me.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • It depends. I like silence in the classroom so I can just finish my work. After I've done that, I'll be as loud as an air horn. I don't like silence in an open room though.. it makes me feel lonely. XD

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    it depends on my mood if I am very mad I don't like the noisy places but if I'm in good mood I like the noisy places.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I like the quiet place! But I can't seem to find that kinda place everywhere...I just can't stand noisy places! it's really annoying.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I always have music on but I hate it when the noise is people shouting or just talking to loud. There are times when I love the quiet like when I am working, but it is never quiet in my house.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I have to have some sort of noise. It could be music, then again it could the noise my laptop makes or the noises that come from my brothers when they play computer games - there's usually a lot of "AHAHA NOOB. LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME" going on. d(' 'd)

I hate silences which is why I take all the time when nothing else is happening.
    Listening to music before I sleep is one of my habits. I listen until I'm about to sleep and then sleep.

Neurario

Meep. :3
    Years
  • Listening to music before I sleep is one of my habits. I listen until I'm about to sleep and then sleep.
    This is me to a T. My latest habit has been to turn on my DS (R4 homebrew cart...please let me know if I shouldn't talk about this) and listen to the soundscapes I have loaded on it.

I listen to these soundscapes most of the time, actually. Being able to hear the rain in the summertime (especially with the bushfires that were going on) is just soothing. :3 In fact, I get to sleep EASIER with these soundscapes on than without.

For the purpose of the thread though, I usually have some sort of sound going but I do appreciate the silence. :3

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
  • I can not stand silence.
    I must be playing music at the computer, or while trying to sleep I turn on my fan for some noise.
    Silence is for squares.

Back