• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SPOILERS] New Pokémon leak - Favourites/least favourites?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • For those who have been checking out the leaks, who are your favourite or least favourite new Mons so far?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After sitting with me for a bit, I think there is around 28 pokemon that I like. Which is about normal. There is only one pokemon that just looks horrendous and is probably one of the worst pokemon/transformations I've ever seen.

I will go with the my Top 5 and Bottom 5.:

Top 5:
    Spoiler:

Bottom 5:
    Spoiler:

While I know they said they wanted to go to a more basic design. And people loved basic designs.... this is not at all what they meant. They literally just through a few actual animals in and call it a pokemon. It was a terrible choice. While most pokemon I can live with, the absolute worst are the ones in the bottom of the entire National Dex. I usually defend any pokemon... but I have never hated pokemon as much as I hate the Bottom 5. The only other pokemon like this was Bruxish and even the bottom 5 make it look like one of the best designs in pokemon.

Legendary Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I don't plan on getting Scarlet and Violet, I've just been paying attention to leaks more or less so I can use the new Pokemon for my romhack! So that might be influencing my choices differently than others, haha. But here's where I stand:

Spoiler:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Favorites:

Spoiler:

Least favorites:

Spoiler:

Disappointing, but not least favorite:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 19
    • she
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    **VERY LONG AND BUTTHURT RANT INCOMING**

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have looked at the leaks and I have mixed feelings on them. I do like all three starter final forms though but there are some new Pokemon I don't like at all. I was going to try and use an 'all new Pokemon' team in my playthrough but that won't be the case here.

I am getting Scarlet.

My team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    **VERY LONG AND BUTTHURT RANT INCOMING**

Spoiler:

Hey, I think it's fine to dislike stuff others like. Everyone wants different things out of Pokemon, which is why I think it's kind of a complicated franchise? Speaking for myself about one of the examples you listed:

Spoiler:

I think this is all why I'm ultimately drawn to Pokecommunity, and alternatively to Sonic fan material - if you're disappointed in the official stuff, in a community like this you're encouraged to just... make your own! Fangames or romhacks or fanfics or whatever. I think the attitude around here is less bitter overall compared to other Pokemon fan communities, because if you don't like what Pokemon is doing lately, you can turn to fan creations. It's not quite "the same", of course, but there's options to look to.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • **VERY LONG AND BUTTHURT RANT INCOMING**

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Going with what everyone else said. I hate judging pokemon before they are 'officially' revealed. But some are just bad designs to me and there is absolutely no reason for you to say sorry for shareing what you think about specific pokemon, as long as you are respectful to other people's opinion. I personally am a champion of Unova where more than half my pokemon favorites come from. But so many people hate Unova pokemon. Every pokemon is someone's favorite. Just like every pokemon had people that hate it.

Now to get back on the base topic... some pokemon that I've hated are gradually growing on me. And when we see the official art for pokemon, some of the terrible looking pokemon might end up being some of the better looking. We only have static images to go on. So some of the hated pokemon might look even better when they are actually moving.

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I do think there's something to be said about there being value in having Pokemon who are unpopular. I think Mr. Mime sucks, but I kind of "love to hate" Mr. Mime? There's a quality to Mr. Mime where it's a little bit, like, this guy is a vaguely unsettling weirdo on purpose. I think Mr. Mime succeeds at what it's trying to do as a Pokemon design. I also like to think that within the universe itself, people have the same debates about which Pokemon they hate. Maybe in Kanto they all think the Unova Pokemon look weird too.

Sometimes there's out-of-universe stuff that can endear me to a Pokemon too. Like how they did that Pokemon popularity poll in Japan to choose a Pokemon to distribute to all players, and when Greninja won it they also revealed that Simisear got the least amount of votes, and they started distributing apology Simisears and putting together Simisear business cards in Pokemon Center stores to save its reputation. It's silly to say it but this turned me around on the elemental monkeys completely, like the idea that the Pokemon themselves feel bad about how people see them is really funny.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I do think there's something to be said about there being value in having Pokemon who are unpopular. I think Mr. Mime sucks, but I kind of "love to hate" Mr. Mime? There's a quality to Mr. Mime where it's a little bit, like, this guy is a vaguely unsettling weirdo on purpose. I think Mr. Mime succeeds at what it's trying to do as a Pokemon design. I also like to think that within the universe itself, people have the same debates about which Pokemon they hate. Maybe in Kanto they all think the Unova Pokemon look weird too.

Sometimes there's out-of-universe stuff that can endear me to a Pokemon too. Like how they did that Pokemon popularity poll in Japan to choose a Pokemon to distribute to all players, and when Greninja won it they also revealed that Simisear got the least amount of votes, and they started distributing apology Simisears and putting together Simisear business cards in Pokemon Center stores to save its reputation. It's silly to say it but this turned me around on the elemental monkeys completely, like the idea that the Pokemon themselves feel bad about how people see them is really funny.

Great post! I agree with you about this, but from a different perspective. Instead of finding value in unpopular Pokémon regarding their designs, I find value in certain unpopular Pokémon based upon how they rank in the meta game. For example, the Pokémon Malamar is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon, but within the Smogon world, as of last generation, Malamar was completely untiered, which is the worst way a Pokémon can be ranked via tiers on Smogon. In addition, according to the data from the website Pikalytics, a website dedicated to collecting data on how often Pokémon are used in the competitive scene, Malamar was used much less than 1% of the time. Despite this, I used Malamar on my main team in Pokémon Sword for ranked Doubles as well as Doubles OU in Pokémon Showdown. Currently, with this team, I am on my way to reaching Master Ball rank with Malamar as one of my leads in Doubles along with Incineroar, and was actually at the top of the ladder at one point in Doubles OU with mostly the same team. I find value in the fact that if you know what you're doing, you can find success with otherwise unpopular Pokémon that you love.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Ven9496

the strongest lesbian pokemon trainer in the world
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Spoiler:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm not impressed with like 80% of them to be honest, feels like the laziest set of pokemon designs in the entire series imho...

Spoiler:

Back