• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spooky Things in X&Y

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Since Pokemon X and Y was released in October, the Halloween month, it seems that Game Freak put in a number of spooky type things into games, such as the still-not-explained Lumiose Ghost Girl or a Pokemon based off of jack-o-lanterns, among other things. Figured now would be a good time to talk about these things in the games.

So talk, people. you know you want to

Davetunes

MagikarpDrowned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    Pokemon X&Y had some weird and creepy things.

-The girl in the hotel that tells you that if you talk to her, she won't hear the elevator doors close.
    -AZ, as he was waiting in grief for his pokemon to come back.
    -The ghost girl
    -And the message on the back of the timetable in Lumiose station.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • that ghost girl was one of the most unexplainable and spookiest things i've seen in the pokemon games thus far. they should have cued the lavender town music for this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    PlatinumDude said:
    You give the owner of Restaurant Le Wow a heart attack each time you battle there

I'd never known about that. It's definitely pretty... interesting!

As far as the unexplained Ghost Girl goes, I hope that she ties in with our third installment of X and Y, somehow. Having her make some appearance here and forgetting about the girl later on wouldn't make much since, if you ask me. I'm sure many of us could agree, haha.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • I still don't understand why people find the Mr. Mime sprite that creepy. I know him from PokéPark, and he was exactly the same there.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I really feel like the creepy factor was toned down in X\Y
    I found Platinum creepier.
    Phantump was adorable to me. Trevanant was another story entirely...

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I got a small jump when I noticed Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist's Super size cries were different to their smaller forms. Gourgeist already sounded like some kind of eerie wind - the deeper sound effect makes it sound even more ominous in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Well, fairy tale girl trainers look pretty creepy to me (more than hex maniacs)
    Spooky Things in X&Y

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Another thing I was thinking of....the Lost Hotel on Routes 15 and 16. What's up with that place. Why are there ruins of a hotel on routes? Why is it infested with ghosts and a roller skating gang?

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • I'll have to agree the fairy tale girl is pretty darn creepy. She looks like she wants to eat your soul for breakfast. O_O

Also someone mentioned the lavender town theme music with the Ghost Girl. I think the pure silence works wonders with her. When I first discovered her, I was completely stunned. Just why Nintendo? Why? ;-;

Years
  • Well, fairy tale girl trainers look pretty creepy to me (more than hex maniacs)
    Spooky Things in X&Y

Ah yes those Fairy Tale Girls... sometimes even their dialogue is just as creepy as their face.

One thing that scared the heck out of me when I first ran across this was that when running past the bushes on Route 6 to Parfum Palace, a wild Pokémon pops out of one of them

I remember that happening to me on my first playthrough as well, but at least there can be Audino found there with said method. I don't think I'll ever go back near those scary bushes ever again hahahahaha.

Back