• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazonite

God's Loyal Servant
Years
  • First is it's JPG. Tisktisk...PNG is best. Second, why is it's sack upwards? IF it was full it still be downwards. Those two things disturb me most.

Years
  • i did this sprite ouut of sheer boredom and christmas spirit, tell me wat you think
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Bleh... JPG makes it look, er, bad. What I can make out looks decent, but you have to save it as PNG for it to look clear. Keep trying.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • i always forget to save as png darn, thanks, heres something else
    its a revamp of umbreon, i hope this is better
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
  • i always forget to save as png darn, thanks, heres something else
    its a revamp of umbreon, i hope this is better
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Good, you saved this as PNG. However, that's only a recolor, not a revamp. Revamps consist of reshading, and lot's of it for GS Pokemon. Also, you have pretty much no outline whatsoever, making Umbreon seem to glow. Read a guide or two, and use the DP or RSE Umbreon's shading as a guide.

Amazonite

God's Loyal Servant
    Years
  • Better keep trying. Like AT said, there's no new shading. Recolors don't cosist of new shades, but revamps do. Try to make it seem shinier. Add some nicer grays on it's back and a nice lighter shade on the tip showing the light bouncing of of it's back. The rings could also need some orange shades to make them POP! Tis all I can point out for now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    My first ever attempt at a fusion:

Spriters Showcase Thread

First ever attempt at scratch:

Spriters Showcase Thread

First ever attempt at recolors:

Spriters Showcase Thread

I know I suck but people do these because it's fun and NOT for showing off.

And one more sprite would have left you with your own thread, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

merged

Shadow9009

This is my first time spriting and I just want you guys to comment this Sprite of a Trainer I made.

is that my sprite ur using????

*edit* it is my sprite... can u at least say where u got it from and who the original creator is......

RomsMaster

N00B Master (and what)
    Years
  • Hey!
    This is my first time spriting and I just want you guys to comment this Sprite of a Trainer I made.

is that my sprite ur using????

*edit* it is my sprite... can u at least say where u got it from and who the original creator is......

Yeah, I don't even know where I got it from. It was just in my computer for Some Reason. Sorry if its yours!

Years
  • Okay, for one thing, that is not revamping. That is just recoloring. I can see that the sprite retains all the original shading, which is is not good (Mainly because the standards are much different, and do not require that much dithering). I also noticed that it lost some shading, particularly by the stripe on his coat. Now, there is also the continuous black outline issue (Don't just use black for the outline, mix some colors in, too). The mouth even retains the colors from the origianl sprite. My advice: read a couple of revamping tutorials.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10

By the way, sorry if I am a bit harsh. I just want you to get better

Years
  • Bow down to the god of the sky, muhahahahaha!!! x3

Spriters Showcase Thread

(Yup--I was commissioned to sprite Slifer the Sky Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh.)

100% scratch. I'm rather fond of how the head turned out but his left (our right) wing looks funky and the spikes on the side of his back towards the left look really weird, but meh. I think it's one of my better sprites. C/C appreciated! x3

~Chibi~

Last edited:
    Years

Spriters Showcase Thread

100% scratch. I'm rather fond of how the head turned out but his left (our right) wing looks funky and the spikes on the side of his back towards the left look really weird, but meh. I think it's one of my better sprites. C/C appreciated! x3

~Chibi~

Wow!

I like it! Not much of a problem with shades! Though I should suggest you use better outlines. Still it's amazing.^^

~A.R

Years

• I like it! Not much of a problem with shades! Though I should suggest you use better outlines. Still it's amazing.^^
    Outlines as in the outlining or the color of the outlines? The outlining is certainly a bit messy on the left wing, as I mentioned, and I plan to fix that later, but if it's color, then I'm not sure.

Eww, I just looked at the sprite close up and realized I forgot to recolor the outlines on the right wing! They're all black! *_* I don't know if that's what you meant, but... xD

~Chibi~

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
    Years
  • whoa, I have got to say, that is teh pwnzorz. I seriously cannot find anything to improve. Well, I guess, maybe the back feet, they look kinda weird for some reason, like they're just dangling uselessly xD

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years

Spriters Showcase Thread

~Chibi~

Woah! WOAH! :shocked:
    Thats incredible! How long did that take you!?

But I agree with Okami that the back feet look a little odd...but other than that, I think it's great! :D

Shadow9009

Bow down to the god of the sky, muhahahahaha!!! x3

~Chibi~

*jaw drops*
    im jealous,
    but yea change the outline color [cuz its all black and stuff]
    but perfect!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back