• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
Years
  • I dunno if I agree with suicide. Not really. But there have been times like today and right now, that I have been so depressed that I just wish I would die. But I could NEVER kill or hurt myself. I couldn't ask anyone else to either. So basically, I want to die sometimes, but I don't...? I dunno. Just really depressed I guess. I hate having crappy days where you cry at school and everyone asks what's wrong. XD

Yeah, and I've tried counseling. It doesn't really do much for me. ^^;

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The M*A*S*H school of thought regarding suicide states that it's painless, that it brings on many changes, and that you can take or leave it if you please.

I disagree with the first statement; quite a few methods of suicide tend to be rather painful. The changes it brings about are almost always negative. Most importantly, it's your choice; if you choose to take it, however, you just made the most stupid decision of your short life here on Earth.

Years
  • I can't agree with suicide. There have been occurrences where I've wanted to die, but never have I actually done anything that extreme. I admit I have cut myself plenty of times, but never anything like suicide.

Emii

Years
  • I can't agree with suicide. There have been occurrences where I've wanted to die, but never have I actually done anything that extreme. I admit I have cut myself plenty of times, but never anything like suicide.

You've cut yourself? wow, I'm too afraid to even do that. XD even when I feel like crap like now.
    There have been many times where I wish other people would commit suicide.. or just, you know, disappeared forever and never ever came back.

Overall, I guess I don't agree with it. People don't realize how it affects everyone around them

Years
  • You've cut yourself? wow, I'm too afraid to even do that. XD even when I feel like crap like now.
    There have been many times where I wish other people would commit suicide.. or just, you know, disappeared forever and never ever came back.

Overall, I guess I don't agree with it. People don't realize how it affects everyone around them

I've cut myself, like, a thousand times and have some permanent cuts. And I've wished people would disappear too, and they'd never come back unless it was for an extreme reason. I wished someone would disappear one day and the next day it actually happened. And no it wasn't a coincidence.

And before someone kills themself, they should think about why they're still alive and how their death would hurt others like the people they love.

Emii

Years
  • I've cut myself, like, a thousand times and have some permanent cuts. And I've wished people would disappear too, and they'd never come back unless it was for an extreme reason. I wished someone would disappear one day and the next day it actually happened. And no it wasn't a coincidence.

And before someone kills themself, they should think about why they're still alive and how their death would hurt others like the people they love.

Love.. that's why I feel like I do. Most people kill themselves because of that, don't they? ..maybe?

Emii

Years
  • A lot of people have actually killed themselves out of love for someone. I think that they're trying to show that when they say "I love you to death", they mean it.
    Yeah.. relationships suck. They make me depressed and make people kill themselves. I wish I didn't love somebody.. but I can't help it. I won't kill myself though. I should let my feelings out and not keep to myself alot so my feelings aren't bottled up and I won't go crazy one day and do that. I think..

Last edited:

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • But if weren't relationships, we as humans would definately kill each other for personal gain instead :P

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
  • I think killing yourself is useless and idiotic, personally.

This is exactly what I think :/

If you suicide, you give up on life. An individual shouldn't be so defeatist (i.e.: emo people, sooooooo defeatist :/)

So a couple of bad things happened. Should not call for the end of your life, that is just pointless and absolute failure. You should know suicide is frowned upon, not taken as brave action. In commiting suicide, you assist in your own demise.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    A person who does suicide is an idiot and insane person really,
    But sometimes it can be for justice,
    Like if I dont get the girl I like im gonna suicide*lol*
    600TH POST WOOHOO!
    Now i dont wanna do suicide XD

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • A person who does suicide is an idiot and insane person really,
    But sometimes it can be for justice,
    Like if I dont get the girl I like im gonna suicide*lol*
    600TH POST WOOHOO!
    Now i dont wanna do suicide XD

I think calling them idiot and insane is far too harsh -- because then you go on to say suicide over not 'getting' a girl is for justice, and then you note that it's humorous.

I think that's a great inconsistency.

[Although I guess it annoys me because I know/knew quite a few people who suicided, and it wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision over not getting the limited-edition Phoenix Wright pack.]

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Seriously for all those who said it was stupid, it may seem like that but depression gets the better of you, my uncle commited suicide, nobody even knew he had depression...

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • Okay, this is annoying.
    For all of you who have made comments such as "people who commit suicide are stupid", "they don't realize how it affects the people around them,"they're selfish and idiotic"... really, look at yourselves. How can you all be so insensitive? In my opinion, you lot are the idiots. You'll never know what it's like to be the people who are having these thoughts, you have no idea what's going through their heads. You don't know how hard it is to control yourself. :/ And sometimes it doesn't even have to do with having something bad happen in their lives. People are born with disorders, and they can't always control how they feel. It's not their fault. So first of all, stop making assumptions.

No, I'm not saying I agree with suicide. But I'm not calling it stupid or cowardly either. I personally don't even understand how it could be considered cowardly. How much guts does it take to take your own life? Probably a lot in most cases. Sure, it's the fast way out. But the people who commit suicide are usually suffering, so they feel they have no choice. How can you say that's stupid? That's just cruel, in my opinion. And selfish? uh, no. If you really think about it, if you are mad at your relatives or friends for commiting suicide, you are the selfish ones. Only thinking about your problems and not caring about what excuse they had, not caring about their feelings and thoughts about it. But y'know, just my opinion. :/

I know or have known a lot of people that have had to go through this; a few people in my family (including myself), and quite a few friends. So of course I'm going to take something like this seriously.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Since when is suicide cowardly? I completely agree with Sorano on this one. People commit suicide because they're going through a horrible experience, they feel no one loves them, they feel useless, and they feel like everyone would be better off without their existence.

Also think of it from a logical viewpoint. If you're having a horrible time, you screwed up life, you hurt others ands yourself, and so on. Ending it would end your misery, leave others room to recover and you destroy another imperfection from the world.

The funniest thing is, it's usually those with a higher intelligence level that have suicidal thoughts. It has nothing to do with mental disorders and such, it's simply your outlook on life. Those without open minds simply cannot understand and use mindless insults to prevent themselves from looking like mindless idiots.

I'm not against or for suicide. It's that persons decision. If they've though it out and logical came to the conclusion that it is for the best, then so be it. If your a retard and kill yourself because of something stupid, the world is better off with less people of lower intelligence.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • its sad and tragic. and i wouldnt really say cowardly. but it is selfish. think about all the people you choose to leave behind, can you imagine howd they feel knowing you felt there was no other option and there was nothing they could do. in my opinion, it would be worse losing someone to disease or a tragic acident

Years
  • Haha, I don't really considered suicide, but when people say I wanna commit suicide, I usually say, "Been there and done that"

I mean...It was unintentional, but when you fall from a 400ft cliff and manage to survive with a humorous right arm fracture...Kinda been there and have done that.

- MegamanC

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I have never wanted to commit suicide, I was on the path, but was pulled back by one trusty friend...

It is scary..

But I'm not going to pretend I understand the emotions, I have half the blast of them, but when you want to commit suicide then you have felt the full blast.

Life is a game (Sorta) and it can be sad and cruel, but if you give up and turn of the game you will never see the good parts... they will come, don't let the emotions get the better of you.
    Although it is a good thing to do, I'm not gonna say talk to someone, you might not know who to turn to, I don't know who to turn to, but in my case the person sorta turned to me, it's lucky if that happens...

Don't stop playing the game, something will come, trust me.

Everyone from every age group has emotions, and this is what causes suicide, emotions. But like germs, they aren't all bad!

Also, if suicide is a illness it can be contagious. Someone commits suicide, someone thinks 'I could have stopped it. I should have noticed, they didn't want the attention, they were looking for help.. why didn't I do that? Why didn't I help!? I could have done More!!!' then they commit suicide, so don't spread the illness.

Back