• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun or Moon?

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    I chose red because of Charizard.
    Silver because of Lugia initially but then went back and preferred Ho-Oh/Gold over Silver/Lugia.
    Ruby because of Groudon.
    Y because of Yveltal over Xerneas.
    Alpha Sapphire not because of Kyogre, but because I played Ruby and didn't want its remake.
    Didn't play GenIV/V
    So it looks like I tend to pick the "red" version when I choose versions over mascots (and maybe because red is my favorite color).
    That said, though I initially thought Sun would have appealed more to me, the Moon legendary is definitely cooler in a Pokemonish way.
    I'm still torn, though. I'll need more info about version differences.

Years
    I find it so funny that everyone is now leaning towards getting Moon... seriously it will be the popular version, because I called it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    My friend wanted Moon, so I'll have Sun. And after I saw the legendairies, I am happy. Still, I would like both of them! I mean, Mega-Crobat looks good too!

I always get the "red" version.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'll be going for both, but if I had to pick just one I'd go for Moon. I much prefer the moonbat to the white Pyroar.

Years
    I'm definitely going to get both of them :) Not a huge fan of Solgaleo (assuming that's its name), its design is way too Digimon-like. Lunaala reminds me of a trampoline :'D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think both legendaries are cool. I think I'll wait for more version exclusives before making my final decision.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    If I don't get them both at the same time, I'll start with Sun.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Moon for me. It was my knee-jerk decision when I first heard the names for the new games, and now that I see the mascots I'm still going for Moon.

Plus, since I'm starting with Rowlet I'll get to have an epic battle for nocturnal aerial supremacy. Leaf Owl Vs. Moon Bat.

Years
    I love the moon legendary! So I am leaning Moon. But, I will wait until I see other version exclusives, and hopefully that extends beyond just different pokemon, but different storylines, cities, and areas.

Years
    Moon for sure. Seeing the legendaries just makes the decision easier. Moonbat easily takes my vote for better mascot.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    I'm definitely gonna do Moon. I decided a while ago, basically just because I enjoy the night better than the day :p But the mascot for Moon totally just confirmed my choice. This thread got me super stoked on the release again :(

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
    Was thinking Moon at first, but the Moon legendary legit looks like crap to me, tbh.

I guess I'll see how the two differentiate considering version exclusives and the rival group

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    Both! But, I'll get Moon first. And then I'll get a second copy of Moon just like I did with X and Alpha Sapphire. Gotta have one to play and one to finish the dex in.

Back