• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Super Bowl 50

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Super Bowl 50 will be in 2 weeks, February 7th. The Denver Broncos will face the Carolina Panthers, and I hope that the Broncos crush them. So who's excited for the game, and who's excited for the epic commercials!?

Personally, I could care less who wins. My team, the Bengals got knocked out the first round so I don't honestly care. I'll still probably go to my friend's Super Bowl party but besides that it won't be a big deal to me.

Sirfetch’d

I've been a Carolina fan and followed Panther football for years now. Cam Newton played for my college, Auburn, and is my favorite player in the league. This team is special and I just can't see them being denied a victory in this game. I may be a bit biased but, how is Manning, who barely passed for over 150 yards vs the Patriots at home, going to get the ball downfield against players like Kuechly, Josh Norman, Cortland Finnegan, Thomas Davis, Roman Harper? He is going to be under constant pressure and they already struggle running the ball so that doesn't help. They do have an elite defense so I expect them to slow down Cam and Stewart some early but eventually Carolina will be able to get some scores and pull away. I think that this team wins their first Super Bowl 27-13. I've watched my team struggle for years and to finally be here is such a good feeling. ^_^

Too bad it's not Patriots vs Panthers :( Syn and I were going to have rivalry week.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Well, my Patriots didn't play well yesterday and lost, so this brings up quite a conundrum. I'm by no means a Panthers fan, but Cam Newton has always been my second favorite QB since coming to the NFL out of Auburn and I'd like to see him get a ring. So I'll be rooting for the Panthers. There is no way that the Broncos squad we faced yesterday has a real chance of winning the Super Bowl. They have a great defense, but that offense is awful and they were only able to score on two blown coverages by Jamie Collins and Rob Ninkovich. There's no way they will have that type of luck against that outstanding Panthers defense. I feel like this is going to be a repeat of Super Bowl XLVIII with them getting blown out by the NFC squad.

Years
  • I actually wanted the Cardinals to win (because of Fitz) if my Vikings couldn't (wasn't expecting it, anyway), so I really have no horse in the race, but it'd be nice to see the Panthers win for the sake of having another city enjoy a Super Bowl for the first time.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'm with most people and not really overly concerned about who wins. That being said, with most of my friends cheering on the Broncos and Manning, I will be pulling for the Panthers come February 7th. I think it'll be a great game but i do agree that Newton and company will pull away late with a couple scores. I just don't think Manning has it in him to magically pull out another game as this season has clearly shown that he isn't what he used to be. Only Broncos win is if their defense come up with lots of sacks and a couple takeaways in Panthers territory for some easy scores.

Anyways I predict Panthers 27-16 Broncos.

That's how I see this game playing out.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Not going to watch, well I probably wouldn't watch anyways. But with Seahawks not in it, and Panthers are. Yeah, I hope Broncos win.

Years
  • On one hand, I would like to see Peyton get another ring with Denver and ride off into the sunset like Elway did back in '98, buuuuut I'm a fan of Cam and what the Panthers do so i'd like to see them win to piss off old school NFL fans who can't stand people like Cam, Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, etc. Really would have liked to see Arizona win because I'm a Bengals fan and I still love me some Carson Palmer, but oh well, haha.

Last edited:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'm rooting for the Panthers on this one. While I wouldn't be too sad to see Peyton win a final ring before retirement, I've become a fan of Cam Newton over the season and I feel like this is Carolina's year. Plus it'd be nice to see a new team win their first Super Bowl championship.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I watch the Super Bowl for the ads cause I don't care for football, and this year there's a Pokemon ad to look forward to, so it will be even better. But, uh, go Panthers I guess. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I feel like the Panthers are going to win it all, but I was happily wrong last week when the Broncos ended up defeating the Patriots. I don't like either team, but I hope that the Broncos beat the Panthers so that Peyton can retire in style (if he chooses to retire this year).

Years
  • As much as I hate the Broncos, I actually hope that they win, so that it makes Peyton Manning's decision to retire that much easier. Cam Newton should have plenty more opportunities to win a Lombardi Trophy during his career, so I won't feel too bad for the Panthers if they don't pull through.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
  • It's gonna be Broncos Vs Seahawks all over again but with the broncos scoring no points.
    GOOOOO PANTHERS!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    BRONCOS WIN YEEEE

I won how much Budweiser payed Peyton for his little line at the end of the game. xp
    Also, commercials were underpar this year. Also, who do you think performed the best?

Imo Coldplay was pretty good, Bruno Mars killed it and Beyonce looked like Seabiscuit. :3

Years
  • BRONCOS WIN YEEEE

I won how much Budweiser payed Peyton for his little line at the end of the game. xp
    Also, commercials were underpar this year. Also, who do you think performed the best?

Imo Coldplay was pretty good, Bruno Mars killed it and Beyonce looked like Seabiscuit. :3
    Apparently nothing- Budweiser didn't even know he was going to say it. I thought the same thing right away though after he said that though. And as far as the commercials go, we don't get all of the American commercials in Canada, and instead we got the same ads you see every other day of the year.

While it wasn't a great offensive game, I'm glad that it went in the Broncos favor. Like I said before, I think Cam Newton and the Panthers will get a few more shots at the Super Bowl over the next few years, but at least Peyton Manning can go away forever, haha.

Years
  • I have to admit, I don't pay attention to the NFL (especially when Australia already has a lot of football of its own) but nice to see Denver win and give Peyton Manning the send-off he deserved.

Years
  • I'm a bit disappointed with the result since I stood to win a fair bit of cash if Cam Newton was MVP, but fair play to Denver their defensive lineup put in a perfect shift. I found it interesting that Von Miller shouted out Manziel and said he could be there if he turns it around. As someone who takes particular interest in Manziel's antics, I would still like him to become the good QB he could be.

I'm also a bit disappointed at how much of Coldplay's time got swallowed up. I don't mind Bruno Mars or Beyoncé, but I always find multiple acts at the halftime show unnecessary and they already had their chance in recent Super Bowls.

Years
  • I'm not a big football fan and just mainly watch the Superbowl for the commercials and halftime show. Lady Gaga killed it with her rendition of the anthem. It was fantastic. I thought the commercials were really boring this year. Hardly any of them were funny or remotely interesting, which was disappointing. The halftime show wasn't good, but wasn't bad either. I feel bad for Coldplay because I think there were some audio issues for them, and they got completely overshadowed by Beyonce and Bruno Mars. I hope next year they pick a musical act they haven't used in the last five years. Seeing Beyonce and Bruno again felt too soon for the halftime show. Bruno did a good job though, but Beyonce... not a fan.

Back