• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I hope they expand the customization feature in the Secret Bases, maybe you can add facades to hide the cavewall or the leaves?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ah, I used to love customizing my secret base, though I hope they have more options like how COOL would it be to have like a underwater or secret cave base?! It'll be like, 'MEANWHILE, IN THE LEGION OF DOOM', or, 'MEANWHILE IN THE HALL OF HEROES' or something as you customize your base underwater or somewhere like that! That'd be epic, gah. I really like the idea on having customizable music too. Like, I really love Maville City's theme, but it'd be cool to have Team Aqua/Magma's base theme as your secret base! Makes you feel like a villain! <33

Years
    All for customizable music, I'd definitely play Team Aqua's theme, haha. Can't wait to see what the inside of secret base looks like in ORAS, that's probably one of the things I'm most excited for. Chances are they upgraded it a lot since RSE, and I'm eager to find out what exactly they did to improve upon the feature. It had a lot of promise originally, but I felt there wasn't enough there to bring it to its full potential, but that may change come November! n__n

Salzorrah

Years
    If they do introduce customizable music to the secret bases, I feel like I wanna listen to the most trumpiest, water-themed song available haha x3 Or maybe just the Wild Battle Music if its available haha.

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I would love it if the Secret Bases were brought back. I would assume they are. I mean, it was in the original game. This makes me miss the underground feature in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. >,>

Pinta77

I would love it if the Secret Bases were brought back. I would assume they are. I mean, it was in the original game. This makes me miss the underground feature in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. >,>

Funny you brought that up. Secret bases in Diamond and Pearl were almost exactly what I wanted. Only problem is, there was no one to play with. With online capabilities now, I really hope secret bases turn into an online multiplayer thing... that would be great. Cuz, the point of a secret base is to show it off!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I, for one, am looking forward to having secret bases back. Back then, I thought of them as little personal hideaways far away from home. The only problem is, will they integrate Secret Power as a move tutor like how Headbutt did in HG/SS?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I, for one, am looking forward to having secret bases back. Back then, I thought of them as little personal hideaways far away from home. The only problem is, will they integrate Secret Power as a move tutor like how Headbutt did in HG/SS?

Well, considering that TMs are of unlimited use now, it need not be via a move tutor.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Secret Power lost its TM status in Gen V and it's unlikely they'll change the current TM lineup for this game.

AHHH shoot. I totally forgot. All I remembered was the kid who gave you the TM in the originals.

Well, maybe the kid now teaches your pokemon the move? Hopefully.

Salzorrah

Years
    Well, they could always up Secret Power as an HM, if not a TM. It wouldn't be unusual, since they would obviously add Dive back as an HM.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Well, they could always up Secret Power as an HM, if not a TM. It wouldn't be unusual, since they would obviously add Dive back as an HM.
    Oh god I hope not. HMs are already a pain as it is. Secret Power isn't that great of move and it's not at all necessary to progress through the game. A TM is fine. But not an HM.

Salzorrah

Years
    I meant they could use it as an HM, if not a TM, since someone said that Secret Power won't come back as a TM since according to him, they wont change the TM lineup.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, they probably won't change the TM lineup, but I also really don't see it becoming a HM (besides, HMs have been used to get past obstacles/access new areas in the game, or in the case of Fly get around the world efficiently).

I think Secret Power will just become a infinite move tutor. After all, they did that in HGSS with Headbutt, which had been a TM in GSC.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, they probably won't change the TM lineup, but I also really don't see it becoming a HM (besides, HMs have been used to get past obstacles/access new areas in the game, or in the case of Fly get around the world efficiently).

I think Secret Power will just become a infinite move tutor. After all, they did that in HGSS with Headbutt, which had been a TM in GSC.
    If we do have the secret bases (the screenshot I posted before seemed to suggest it), we will have the infinite move tutor. Or we'll have to collect shards or something stupid again. I dunno.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    We have Twitter confirmation.

[Super]-Secret Bases!

[Super]-Secret Bases!

[Super]-Secret Bases!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The Secret Bases are looking cool; all the options make it seem vastly improved over their original counterparts. But the inclusion of these generic NPC's makes me worried that character customization really won't be returning. It seems like customization would have been perfect with selecting specific Trainers to join you in your Secret Base!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Maybe they're keeping tight-lipped on customization with the generic characters.

Back