• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, also let's not forget that in XY some trainers appear as generic trainers.
    I'm glad that the battling others in their bases from the originals are back. I don't mind the return of the flag game. I never got to play it in Pt, now I can.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Well they must be very far into development at this point, so I'm not sure how they could include the generic NPC's if they weren't at least an option to include in your Base (not to mention the concept art features said NPC's).

I also noticed they mentioned your friends in your Base can "help you on your adventure" with abilities "such as hatching eggs faster." It seems like Secret Bases might just be replacing the PSS altogether. Hopefully sharing the Bases will be easy to do!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    SUPER excited for this omfg!! Secret Bases are my thing and I can't wait to stuff them with dolls and at some point decide how the dolls play into a gym design... >__>;

Years
    One of the powers mentioned is to level up a Pokémon by one level. That reminded me of one of the shops we could have in the mall in B2W2 before you arrived at Nimbasa.

I honestly teared up a bit at the sight of the decorations, alot of them bring back so many memories. I noticed that they changed the sand statue with the Pokéball, changing to Pokéball that was on top to the league insigna introduced in BW and has been used ever since.

One of the powers mentioned is to level up a Pokémon by one level. That reminded me of one of the shops we could have in the mall in B2W2 before you arrived at Nimbasa.

I honestly teared up a bit at the sight of the decorations, alot of them bring back so many memories. I noticed that they changed the sand statue with the Pokéball, changing to Pokéball that was on top to the league insigna introduced in BW and has been used ever since.

Years
    I think it's pretty neat that we can share Secret Bases via QR Codes; means it'll be a lot easier to share them with people on here and elsewhere. Also really love the graphics; they look lovely! Looking forward to the capture the flag game as well; I was derived the pleasure of playing it in DPPt because I got the games much later than everyone else and had no one to play with.

Years
    They certainly do look beautiful. In one of the screenshots posted in Serebi a tree was a locaation where one could use secret powers. I remember in the originals we could make one betweem pine trees, and in bushes. Wonder if they added more places/things we can make them in, or if my memory of them is fuzzy.

Years
    You could also make them in stone walls, too! (If they had a hole, anyway.) It'd be neat if you could make them in more places/things, though I can't think of what else there could be at this time, haha.

Also, I like how the Pokeflute case (with the Pokeflute) from Shabboneau Castle is a decorative item; makes me wonder what other furniture/items from the previous games will become decoratives.

Years
    Yeah, I was mostly trying to think of vegetation in that post. We could also make them by the beach, giving the ground a sandy floor.
    I noticed that too, laughed a bit when I saw it. I wonder if the Trick Master will give us that item, seems like something he'll give.
    I'll like a mini rollercoaster similar to the one from the original Nimbasa gym.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I haven't played the originals so have a question...

Are the secret bases one size only or can you expand them? Because it'd be so amazing if I could make a massive maze (well not massive) out of them.

Years
    I haven't played the originals so have a question...

Are the secret bases one size only or can you expand them? Because it'd be so amazing if I could make a massive maze (well not massive) out of them.

They came in different sizes, but each size was set and you couldn't change them at all. The bigger ones also had holes in them and you couldn't go to other parts of it without putting boards on top of the holes. Don't recall DPPt having changeable base sizes, either, so it's likely that'll be the case in ORAS as well :<

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Okay wow.

My main, top hope out of ORAS based on stuff that was in RSE was putting some sort of online/streetpass functionality with secret bases. I even went and wrote something to that effect only a couple weeks ago.

But damn, they just went above and beyond that.

QR codes? Recruiting friends into your base? Rebattling them in there as well, in different formats? A sudo-gym set up?

The DPPt Capture the Flag minigame? The B2W2 special skills thing as well?

And they look amazing to boot.

Sorry X&Y, but I think ORAS have you beat in side-stuff to do and usage of connectivity. Friend safari? Pfft.

Years
    Okay wow.

My main, top hope out of ORAS based on stuff that was in RSE was putting some sort of online/streetpass functionality with secret bases. I even went and wrote something to that effect only a couple weeks ago.

But damn, they just went above and beyond that.

QR codes? Recruiting friends into your base? Rebattling them in there as well, in different formats? A sudo-gym set up?

The DPPt Capture the Flag minigame? The B2W2 special skills thing as well?

And they look amazing to boot.

Sorry X&Y, but I think ORAS have you beat in side-stuff to do and usage of connectivity. Friend safari? Pfft.

It'll be even far better than XY if they do have the Emerald Battle Frontier ;)

I can't wait to battle trainers. I remember setting up a pseudo gym set up but had only a few people to connect to back in the day (only one to be exact).

Years
    Agreed re: Emerald's Battle Frontier.

I was able to connect with a lot of people when I had Ruby, but it was still sort of hard to meet people who played the games since I was starting to get to the age where people would transition out of liking Pokemon. (I wasn't one of them, but other people who I knew liked it were.)

Also, while looking up the sizes/layouts of the RSE Secret Bases, I noticed each type of layout and class are given a specific name. Guess what they're named after:

Spoiler:

Just an observation~

Years
    @ Yato Wow, never knew that. I guess the greek of Hoenn goes beyond just Sootopolis city being based on a greek city.

Maybe Aurune's name having rune in his name is a reference to the greek alphabet like I have been thinking as runes is another word for letters/symbols.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    YESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYEYSYEYSUEUSUEUSUEOMGMSI JAO

It happened :) first day buy. ;') I think its great of they use Streetpass to link other player's Bases. But it happened and I'm happy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Was there ever a doubt that Secret Bases were coming back? They helped me fill in my Hoenn dex by battling trainers using Pokémon I haven't seen/gotten yet. I've never tried out QR Codes outside of Pokedex 3D, but I'll probably do it for the Secret Bases.

It'll be even far better than XY if they do have the Emerald Battle Frontier ;)
    And then watch it sell less than XY just like how FR/LG sold less than R/S and HG/SS sold less than D/P.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Was there ever a doubt that Secret Bases were coming back? They helped me fill in my Hoenn dex by battling trainers using Pokémon I haven't seen/gotten yet. I've never tried out QR Codes outside of Pokedex 3D, but I'll probably do it for the Secret Bases.
    No, because someone noticed an indent in a wall in a early trailer, which confirmed there were secret bases. But we didn't know how they would work this time around, and it seems they've been filled with stuff (not just of the decoration sort!).

And then watch it sell less than XY just like how FR/LG sold less than R/S and HG/SS sold less than D/P.
    Not that it won't happen (because it's a common trend), but... why is that relevant? Because all those games still comfortably sold in the millions. ORAS selling a few million less than the 1st set of new-gen games isn't really much to worry about or really remark upon, imo. =/ Sales don't always reflect if a game is better...? I'm just confused.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I guess Gamefreak really wants to vastly improve social communications since ORAS are the first pair of Hoenn games to not require a link cable for any sort of socialization.

Back