• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I got the DLC characters the other day. I think my biggest disappointment is that Mewtwo doesn't have a green costume. It was already included in Melee, and it's Shiny Mewtwo, so I'm saddened.

But all the characters are quite fun to play, and I'm really glad to see Lucas back!

Now I just need Ivysaur

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I got the DLC characters the other day. I think my biggest disappointment is that Mewtwo doesn't have a green costume. It was already included in Melee, and it's Shiny Mewtwo, so I'm saddened.

Yeah, I think every pokemon should have a palette swap of its shiny version, but even charizrd and lucario got cheated out of it.

I just play as normal mewtwo. Or yellow mewtwo for...

Spoiler:

Reasons.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    It may have been noticed already, but it has been confirmed that a Shovel Knight amiibo is in developement, leading some people speculate (or at least speculate more) that he will be in smash bros. It does not have smash bros icon though. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It may have been noticed already, but it has been confirmed that a Shovel Knight amiibo is in developement, leading some people speculate (or at least speculate more) that he will be in smash bros. It does not have smash bros icon though. Thoughts?

Been lurking through Smashboards just in time for the Shovel Knight amiibo reveal. Most of them are sighing with relief that the characters they voted for on the ballot are safe for now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Been lurking through Smashboards just in time for the Shovel Knight amiibo reveal. Most of them are sighing with relief that the characters they voted for on the ballot are safe for now.
    What do you mean by "safe"? Btw is there any new Shovel Knight game coming out for Wii U/3DS? If not then we may get an announcement or this really is an amiibo for Smash Bros.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    What do you mean by "safe"? Btw is there any new Shovel Knight game coming out for Wii U/3DS? If not then we may get an announcement or this really is an amiibo for Smash Bros.

Safe as in getting picked to be one of the ballot winners, because some think there is only room for two ballot winners due to the empty slots found from data mining. They don't want Shovel Knight to be one of the winners, because he's too recent and isn't known in Japan yet. We're getting a physical release of Shovel Knight for the Wii U and 3DS this year.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So you know how we're getting that Mario Maker DLC stage at the end of the month? Do you think we'll get some balance changes too or no?

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    So you know how we're getting that Mario Maker DLC stage at the end of the month? Do you think we'll get some balance changes too or no?

I heard about this when scrolling through google news for ssb4. Wonder what it will be like.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I wonder when the next wave of DLC is coming...no new characters were added last time sadly.
    There is that new stage being made available on the 30th. We're probably not getting another character until after October 3rd, which is when the ballot ends.

Though what I'm more interested in right now is balance/character changes....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The ballot doesn't end until October 3rd though, so I doubt that we're getting new characters this patch. You'd think that they'd wanna give a little time to hype up new DLC characters or something.

But if we are getting more than just the Mario Maker stage that could be nice.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The ballot doesn't end until October 3rd though, so I doubt that we're getting new characters this patch. You'd think that they'd wanna give a little time to hype up new DLC characters or something.

But if we are getting more than just the Mario Maker stage that could be nice.

According to a rumor I found on GameFAQs, there won't be a character reveal on October 3rd. Unfortunately, the link to it got deleted, but I've managed to save what was written in the rumor:

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So the latest patch is up....

Besides the Mario Maker stage we knew we were getting, the 3DS version got the Duck Hunt stage, the Wii U version got the Brawl Pirate Ship stage, I think that there's supposed to be a few new Mii Fighter costumes, and there are also character changes too.

With the biggest/more interesting things that have been confirmed so far being changes to Luigi's Dthrow, multiple attacks doing less shield damage (including everyone's get-up attacks), and Samus and Ganondrof's Nairs being buffed. And the fact that most of the changes are to custom specials.

Also there was a universal increase in shieldstun which is making all the Kirby mains cry

Last edited:

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
    Isn't there supposed to be an announcement about the Smash Bros. ballot? I could be wrong, but I think I've heard that there will be.

Back