• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunalie

Years
    Eh, I meant more in general. I don't actually remember how much shield push-back his FAir causes, but with the new shield stun formula a well spaced FAir from Ike might be safe on shield against the majority of the cast. It's just that I see a lot of people online charge into me with a very poorly spaced aerial and I find it really easy to shield and punish.
    To be fair I main shulk so my perception on shield push-back could be skewed thanks to Monado shield/buster/jump.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah Ike's fair doesn't have much pushback if at all.

Dude is pretty reliant on proper footsies. Before Ryu he was THE footsies character.

Years
    Yeah Link's kind of a pain in the ass and I'm pretty sure zoner type people aren't great matchups for Ike. Something to try though is walking up to them and shielding (perfect shield if you can) each projectile as it comes until you're close to them, were you beat them out since Ragnell is longer than every other sword in the game except for the Monado (but Shulk's frame data is bad so) and Ike has a decent throw game.
    That's what I often try but he can barely take 2 steps at a time that way, and it only gets worse the closer he gets, and his throws are good, but his grabbing range is pretty small and has a pretty slow animation.

Don't approach Link by jumping and landing in front of him though, that's just gonna make you eat an Usmash or get grabbed. Also don't approach by flying into them with a short hop aerial, that's hella unsafe on shield and bound to get you punished.

But yeah, the key thing is like Spino said, to be patient. Projectile spam tactics thrive on people getting hasty and trying to get in asap. If you play patiently you should be able to eventually get in and then win since most FG projectile spammers don't think much beyond lobbing **** at you.
    I actually wen against some that start of projectile spamming but once I get close they become way more aggressive until there's enough space for them to return to projectiles.
    For the rolly type people it depends on what kind of roller they are. The ones that just roll from one end of the stage to the other are the easiest since they're the most predictable. Walking up to them and then doing an Ftilt in the other direction or doing a down smash will often catch them. Pivot grabs or pivot Ftilts can sometimes work too. Ike's dash attack is also good at punishing rolls in some cases iirc (and it kills too :) )
    Ike's dash is good at punishing rolls but only if he was running to where the opponent is rolling, if he's rolling in circles around everythiung the only way to punish it seems to be a f-tilt but the 3DS has the problem of having f-tilt and f-smash o the same button combination with slightly different timing, resulting often in me often doing an f-smash when I meant to do an f-tilt (the difference is that f-smash is only worth using when you're predicting where someone will fall.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I definitely don't believe this.

I could claim to know the release date of HL3 and be all cryptic about it, that doesn't make it true or believable.

I dunno, even GameXplain is covering this guy's claim, because supposedly the guy is trustworthy. And they believe it's hinting towards the Inkling being the new DLC fighter.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ......Smash Bros features primarily Nintendo characters and the ballot ended a few weeks ago, so it's likely that a Nintendo character will be revealed as a new DLC character sometime soon. Don't need inside info or hacking skills to figure that out.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    ......Smash Bros features primarily Nintendo characters and the ballot ended a few weeks ago, so it's likely that a Nintendo character will be revealed as a new DLC character sometime soon. Don't need inside info or hacking skills to figure that out.

The ballot ended yesterday (it was suppose to close on the 3rd, but its closure got delayed since Nintendo doesn't update their sites on the weekends), and this Stealth_ guy thinks this upcoming DLC character wasn't a ballot winner. This inside info is recently catching the attention of the Smash community. This guy is keeping track of what Stealth_ is saying about the DLC fighter, as well as two other trustworthy people who are connected to this information.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    woops meant days not weeks

But still, vague comments like that don't really mean much. Like I said before it's obvious that we're gonna get another DLC character (reveal) in the coming weeks now that the ballot is over and since it is a Nintendo game with mostly Nintendo characters it is more likely than not to be a Nintendo character. I'm just generally skeptical of all claims really about not officially confirmed info, regardless of the source (and not just in Smash).

The more important thing is WHO the character(s) are gonna be.....and none of that stuff really gives us any idea as to who. They just say it's someone hella hype. Which could be a lot of characters.

I would honestly not be surprised if it wasn't a ballot winner, we all know Sakurai does weird things occasionally.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    got bored and made a tier list for the hell of it

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Unordered within individual tiers except for Sheik and Ike. Fire Emblem characters are placed generally relative to each other (basically I mean Ike>Marth>Robin>Lucina>Roy). Admittedly there's several characters whose placements I'm iffy about but I had to place them somewhere.....

Also just pretend that Dark Pit is in the same spot as Pit, they're so similar it hardly matters (it was stretching the thing with him in it so I just cut him out). Also Mii Fighters aren't on the list because idk ****in' **** about Mii Fighters.

aaaaaaaaaay

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Why would you put Dedede on the bottom tier list? That title belongs to Zelda, and I've seen some good Dedede montage videos (he's at least mid-tier).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Why would you put Dedede on the bottom tier list? That title belongs to Zelda, and I've seen some good Dedede montage videos (he's at least mid-tier).
    Zelda's down there in Bottom Tier Land with him too. No one said there can't be more than one person at the bottom tier ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Someone's gotta be the worst, though being the worst in Smash 4 isn't quite as awful as it was in past games if I understand things right.

I put him there though because Dedede has a rather unfortunate and awful combination of having poor mobility, bad frame data overall, and being a large target. It's bad enough having any of those traits (particularly the first 2), but he has all 3 at the same time. Gordos, which could've been a powerful tool for him, are easily reflected by the whole cast and that kinda sucks too. And unfortunately his strengths (huge disjoints, crazy fastfall speed, good kill power) aren't nearly enough to make up for that. Dedede also has little in the way of tournament results (I think he does a little bit in Europe and that's it?) and no remotely big name(s) attached to him.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    My favorite of the games is Brawl because I was actually good at it, and I mained Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mario, and some others.. My favorite stage is probably Hyrule Temple and Final Destination.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So which characters from Melee have yet to return? Just Wolf, Pichu, and the Ice climber twins? I know the twins couldn't be added due to issues with the game but could the first two return as DLC?

Lunalie

Years
    Young link, Snake and Pokemon trainer as well. (assuming you mean Melee and brawl from your inclusion of wolf)

Out of all of these wolf has by far the greatest chance of being added even though I still don't think it's as safe of a bet as everyone thinks. As for the others...

I will officially go on record right here and now and say that If Pichu is added, I will try my hardest to main him instead of Shulk, But I really REALLY don't think any of the other 5 will be added unless they find a way to program the Ice Climbers.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So which characters from Melee have yet to return? Just Wolf, Pichu, and the Ice climber twins? I know the twins couldn't be added due to issues with the game but could the first two return as DLC?

The only veteran who has a better chance at returning is Wolf. Konami's current situation lowers Snake's chance at coming back, Toon Link is more of an improved version of Young Link, and the six-party team theme for Pokemon prevents Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pichu from coming back.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I am both excited and worried at the same time. Excited because it's another iconic third-party franchise getting representation in Smash, and worried because it's a character from the most polarized entry in the series.

Back